New To Our Boards?

Get innovations here.
fatnomore

Re: New To Our Boards?

Post by fatnomore »

Hi, I am new. I saw you and your wife on Great Day Houston and was intrigued. My weight is 287 as of this morning. I tried Atkins on and off for 5 years.  Ending up in the emergency room twice. The last time was 4 months ago with a blockage of some sort. I have never felt such pain in my entire life :o and have since learned that I have diverticulitis. I prayed to God to help me get through the agony and vowed to stay away from fad diets and accept myself for who I am. Then I heard you on the TV the other day and what you were saying made a lot of sense. You mentioned all the foods that I crave and love. Popcorn, fruits and beans.  I hope to lose about 80 pounds but am in no hurry. I have been browsing the forum and have seen many recepis that I am eager to try.
Thank you and God Bless :)
rainie

Post by rainie »

HI, I AM NEW HERE,
WHERE CAN I GO ON THIS BOARD TO FIND OUT
WHAT THIS "LET'S HAVE LUNCH"  WAY OF EATING IS ALL ABOUT.
I CAN'T AFORD THE 30 DOLLAR BOOK RIGHT NOW.
THANK'S RAINIE
Secretary_54
New, but learning

Post by Secretary_54 »

Hi, was wondering about the beans.  I've been eating the Northern dried beans but was wondering if I can switch around to different kinds of beans.  For example could I have green beans or lima beans?  I just don't want to get burned out eating the same old type of bean, day in and day out and falling off the wagon.
DB2
New, but learning

Post by DB2 »

Welcome Secretary_54.  You can eat all kinds of beans.  Go to main board and check out the soup recipes.  You will find some of the best recipes.  I never really liked dried beans too much until I started trying these recipes.
You can eat green beans and peas.  Try some of them and let us know what you think.

Faye
niki

Post by niki »

hi vicki....you can have green beans,red beans,white beans,black beans,big beans,small beans,lima beans,green lentils, red lentils,black lentils,peas,corn and garbanzos...........i mix them up when i make my favorite soup(i posted that recipe)..i use either black beans or small red beans when i make chilli......you can use all different flavorings....my aunt taught me to saute the vegetables in olive oil for max flavor........you can puree them and make cream soups and mashed potatoes(mary's innovative recipes)...the pureed soup i love is mary's israeli chick pea soup(chick peas are the same as garbanzo beans)..i like to slice grilled chicken on top of the chickpea soup to make it a complete meal....
 i've eaten more beans in the last year than i have in my whole life(and i'm greek...i ate a lot of beans when i was a kid.....mostly cannelini beans and lentils(the green ones...well,they're really brown)......i'm addicted to them.....if i go ONE day without a bowl of soup,i have to make it up by whipping up a huge pot and eating as much as i want...............i NEVER get tired of them.....they lower your cholesterol which i can verify....my cholesterol level is lower than it's ever been in my entire life 144....my triglycerides are 60....
 so eat as much as you want...have fun with some of the recipes on the boards or MAKE UP A NEW ONE..call it "secretary soup"....a lot of the recipes here are really easy.....the more beans you can fit into your diet, the better.........i enjoy eating now more than i ever have in my entire life....................enjoy..............sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on January 19th, 2007, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

niki wrote:hi vickie....you can have green beans,red beans,white beans,black beans,big beans,small beans,lima beans,green lentils, red lentils,black lentils,peas,corn and garbanzos........
...the more beans you can fit into your diet, the better.........i enjoy eating now more than i ever have in my entire life....................enjoy..............sincerely,niki

Now do you see how she got the nickname the bean queen ?!?

And since she forgot: Kidney, butter beans, pintos, split peas

AND this sounds much like: one fish 2 fish red fish blue fish!!!
(Now you'll see why she nicknamed me the Bean Princess!!!)

Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:AND this sounds much like: one fish 2 fish red fish blue fish!!!
(Now you'll see why she nicknamed me the Bean Princess!!!)
Veronica

you got that right on both counts.....and actually,i didn't forget those other beans...that was just a bean highlight..because there are SO many more than you OR i mentioned.....                   
                                          signed,
                                     the bean queen
Last edited by niki on January 13th, 2007, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beetlebug

Post by beetlebug »

Hello!  I'm new ... I just registered tonight and here I am!![glow=red,2,300][/glow]
Can someone point me to the right place to find a basic plan to the program?  I can't afford to buy the book at this time but hopefully in time I will.
My excited to get started!! I want to lose 20 pounds to start with.....I am 190 so that would put me at 170 then I will decide if another 20 pounds would be in order for me to lose or not. I used to weigh 150 years ago...maybe 160 would be a good rounded weight for me.  I am 5'4" or so.

See ya around on the boards!  thanks!~
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

HI Beetlebug - What a great name!  Welcome!

Just go back to the General Discussion Messages, click on it & look for the tab "How to Start Let's Do Lunch"   :tongue:

here's a link directly to it. 
Last edited by Gwennaford on November 20th, 2008, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome Beetle bug!! You'll find all you want here. In the beginning don't worry about losing weight! FIRST you need to eat enough to lose cravings for bread/pasta/sweets. once that's under control, then you can work on the gradual cutting down of foods and losing weight. We can't stress enough to NOT DO PORTION CONTROL!!!
beetlebug

Post by beetlebug »

Hello Hello!![
I'm so excited to hear from all of you!! I don't have alot of time to be on the computer in the evenings but I am squeezing in what I can to try to comprehend how this plan works.

Thank you Roger for the book!  I truly appreciate that!  God is Good ALL the time!

Thank you for the link to get started.....that's where I am headed right now.  :thumbsup:
Last edited by beetlebug on November 20th, 2008, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonni

Post by Bonni »

Hi everyone- I am new to LDL. I just ordered my book yesterday.  I was wondering if you can eat Ezekiel 4:9 products.  I am also having a hard time posting.  I am not very computer savvy. I can't say if there will ever be a picture of me or a cute little weight loss ticker.  I will be most happy if this goes through and gets a reply.  Thank you for your time.  Oh, one more thing, what about Jay Robb whey protein powder that is sweetened with stevia, is that o.k.?
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Bonni,

I think to begin with you will want to avoid the Ezekiel 4:9 products and the whey protein powder.  After you get yourself established on LDL, you probably won't want them anymore. Click on the following link and check out the ways to get started until your book comes:  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=2812.0

Eating all the fresh fruits and veggies, lean meat and beans that you want until you're full should keep you satisfied as you fine tune LDL to suit your lifestyle.  God bless you as you begin and on your journey!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:I should know this by now, but what is the link that tells newbies which foods to eat in order to get started without the book?
RT

hi roger....it's actually something that tom casola wrote to someone who asked that very question, "can you give me an idea of what to eat while i'm waiting to get the book?"
  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=1864.0
Last edited by niki on May 8th, 2009, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..