Posting Tickers and Pictures

Gwennaford
Master Member

Posting Tickers and Pictures

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm posting this for the benefit of everyone who has been asking but is not sure how to go about it.  If I made any mistakes or something needs clarification, somebody PLEASE jump in & help me out.  I don't know much about how to do this either!  This first thing you need to know is you can create & post a ticker right away, but you have to have posted 10 times before you can post your picture avatar.  That helps keep the bad people from jumping in here with bad content.

Tori did a lot of hard work to speed up the message boards by compressing pictures & a lot of other stuff I can't even begin to understand.  So please remember to keep the photos fairly small and appropriate to the topic so our message board stays speedy!    If you just can't get it to work, don't get frustrated -- Email someone who already has a Photobucket account or similar photo management site account set up (like me) to help you out.  :thumbsup:.  Carolyn (Queenie) and others (WHO I HOPE WILL JUMP IN & VOLUNTEER--hint hint) will also help if you'll email a request to one of us and ATTACH the picture(s), don't insert them into the body of the email or I won't be able to open them.

TICKERS:  When you click on anyone's ticker, it takes you to the tickerfactory.com website where you can customize your own.  At the bottom of the first page you click to save & continue to the next page.  When you're finished, scroll down to the bottom & look for the "BB" (bulletin board) code.  Copy the whole thing & paste it into the signature box of your profile.  After you're finished, scroll down to the bottom right & click the "Change profile" button.

To open & edit your profile, click on your screen name, or on "PROFILE" in the dark blue band above this message window to the left.  Look for "Modify Profile" in the menu on the left and click on "Forum Profile Information".  That's where the signature box is where you paste the BB code (delete any text from in the little box first).  Anytime you modify your profile you need to scroll down to the bottom right side of the page & click the "Change profile" button to save the changes.

To post pictures on the board you can set up an account & post them online at Photobucket or similar photo management site to get the codes (long text strings) required by the various places on the message boards.

AVATARS:    Your profile information page is also where you can EITHER 1) post your picture avatar using the "Direct Link" code from Photobucket or another online picture management site.  Please crop & resize your picture to be no larger than 150 x 150 for the avatar.  I understand it keeps our message boards running faster.  OR 2) Bonnie CHA! discovered another way to do it: 
Here's how I did it:  I posted my photo to the gallery... then I right clicked on the photo in the gallery... clicked on "Properties"... then copied the URL... went to my profile and posted that Address (URL) where it said "I have my own picture", and VOILA`!  I have a profile picture!  I'm not very technically savvy, so if I could do it, you all can do it too!
  After you're finished, scroll down to the bottom right & click the "Change profile" button to save the changes.  Instructions for posting in the photo gallery follow, below.

PICTURE MESSAGES:  Pictures posted within a reply window like this one require the IMG code:

PHOTO GALLERY:  Finally you can post pictures directly from your PC into the Photo gallery, but it requires your picture resolution to be  600 x 600 pixels or less, and compressed to a small file size of 48 kb ( ? )   I'll have to go look it up.  I'll post it here later.  I still don't know how to compress pictures in Photobucket.  I have to do in in my Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery.

Loves, Gwennaford

> Modified 5/17/09 to add Bonnie CHA!'s discovery re adding avatars
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 23rd, 2009, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
ferndani

Re: Posting Tickers and Pictures

Post by ferndani »

I started a food journal today under Fern's journal.  i did the ticker but on my signature that posted the ticker came did not show up just the url/website.  When I click on that it goes to the ticker.  What did I do wrong?  What do I need to do to correct it?
Thanks for your help,
Fern
One Day At A Time
FernImage

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3
ferndani

Post by ferndani »

I'm trying this again to see if the ticker comes up
One Day At A Time
FernImage

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Hello,

I am new here.  I posted twice yesterday.  I guess since I'm not much of a talker...it might take awhile before I can post a ticker! 

Thank you for posting this information...I think I did do it right yesterday but didn't know about the 10 posts!  That is a good setup.  May be by the time I can get the ticker I'll have lost some weight! 

I went to WinCo's yesterday and bought quite a bit of food for this LDL!  I made my soup and each time it's always different....I go by what sounds good.  It was!  My friend was making this soup for a different diet but it goes well here too.  I have made this soup several times since.  So it was pretty easy to start LDL even when I hadn't gone shopping yet.  I ran out of  fresh fruit & so thought I'd better stock up.  Last year I had frozen many bags of raspberries and so these have come in hand for smoothies! 

By the time I got home it was way past my lunch.  I still proceeded to make the soup and had it around 7:00p.m.  Is that alright to do for lunch (being so late?)  I read in the book LDL, that it is good to wait as long as you can for lunch...but that might be pushing it!?  Then later I just had fruit untill I went to bed.

So, that is my question about how late can you have lunch?

Thank you, Michelle (Chelle) :)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

There aren't any time limits, you just don't want to go to bed with a full stomach.  You have to be your own judge.  How fast your food digests depends on how active you are in the evenings, how much "liquidy" food you ate, vs. heavy solid/dry food, etc.  It sounds like you did the right thing.

If you didn't put any heavy protein in your soup (extra lean beef, boneless skinless turkey or chicken, pork, lamb, etc.) you can have it for every meal if you like.

Keep up the good questions & you will have your 10 before you know it!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Michelle,
Eat whenever you are hungry and eat until you are full. Its soooo simple you shouldnt try to overthink it hun.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Hi, DEBBIEWEBE!!!  How are you?

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hi Miss Patsy Im good how are you?  Waiting for the weather to warm up here.  Im getting tired of wearing a sweatshirt.  Still busy watching kids (there are five) and not looking forward to them getting out of school lol.  I got about another 4 years nannying till my kids are done with school aka college.  Then maybe I will retire and do fun stuff like you and Marcy!!! Will you be here for Marcy's reunion shes planning?  Its good to see the message boards so busy again.  Good to see you....have a great day!!!
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Thanks Gwen & Debbie,

I bought the older version bk. LDL and thought there was no eating protein at dinner only lunch?  Does the new book say differently?  Can you eat lean protein any time now?  Wow!  If you can!  Michelle (Chelle)  Would love to know for sure!