Yeaaaaaa!!! My book just came in!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
electricj1316
Master Member

Yeaaaaaa!!! My book just came in!!

Post by electricj1316 »

I am so excited!! My book just came in the mail!! Thanks Roger for getting it here so fast! I ordered it last Friday night!! I am going to read it right now! I am kind of bummed that it didn't come yesterday instead of today because I have to leave for Worship Team practice at 5:30 and I usually don't get home until 10pm so I won't have much reading time.  :'(

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: Yeaaaaaa!!! My book just came in!!

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

YAY...lucky girl  :thumbsup:  hope you have lots of time tomorrow to read!  i can't wait for mine!!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Lizzy,
I will probably be up very late reading!! I'm not going to want to get up in the morning!! I hope yours comes in soon!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

hehe...try and get some rest!  ;D  thank you..i just ordered it yesterday though...it will be here soon enough  :)
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I'll try!! haha
I do read pretty fast so hopefully I won't be up too late!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Yay, Tina!!!!  :thumbsup: So cool!! the anticipation is over.

I'm hoping I have a similar surprise when I get home very shortly.

So, do you have your list of questions in hand, and ready to check them out with the book? I'm so curious to compare what I'm doing now with what the ACTUAL book recommends I can hardly stand it!

If Roger Troy didn't plan it this way -- with all the anticipation and waiting and suspense -- he sure should have! What a marketing strategy! Woo hoo!!

Enjoy your reading, and I hope not too many distractions!

Terri
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Terri! I also can't wait to see if I am doing everything right. I haven't starting reading yet because I when I got home I had to watch who won American Idol! (yyyyyeeeeeaaaaaa go Kris!!!! :D) And then I wanted to make some posts on here. When I get through here I'm gonna start reading! I hope yours came in today!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

I ordered mine today. How long does it usually take? I guess that depends on where you live. Answered my own question. Well anyway, I am so excited. I am planning on this being the LAST book on losing weight that I buy. I really think this is the right program. I love beans also. A big plus. I am not much of a meat eater. I can't wait to read the book and really incorporate the program into my life. I should be able to free up a lot of bookshelf space when I donate all my old diet books.  ;D
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
Bonnie CHA!

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Good Morning Grambonnie!

I'm a Bonnie too!  It took about 6 days for my book to arrive.  I live in Kentucky.

I donate all my gently used books to local library, my magazines go to the hospital waiting room.  I hate throwing that stuff away, or just letting it collect dust and take up shelf space, when it can do so much more good somewhere else!

I am 11 days into LDL, and loving it... you will love it too!

Bonnie (sans gram)    *love*
On the journey....

tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Woo hooooo!!! My book arrived yesterday also! It took a little over a week, but sure seemed like longer!

After supper and the evening chores, I read until I fell asleep with my face in the book. Those of you who haven't had a chance to read Roger Troy's story yet will be so encouraged in your own struggle. So now I'm ready to get into the how-to's. Good thing this is a holiday weekend -- might find a little more time to read. I am so looking forward to ENDING this life-long struggle and turning it into a success story! Hoping the same for all of you!

God bless,
Terri
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Great Terri!!
I'm looking forward to turning mine into a success story too!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Bonnie CHA!

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Yey Terri!

"All aboard the train to Skinnytown!"
On the journey....

grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

I am so bummed that this is a holiday weekend. Not that I don't love holidays but there won't be any mail on Monday so definitely won't get my book until maybe Tuesday. I am so anxious but the posts help alot and I have been getting alot of ideas. I have been going over some of the recipes from the older posts and some of the soup recipes sound soooo good. Unfortunately, I live in the desert of southern Utah and it is already so hot here that I am going to have to wait to try them out next winter. I will start looking up salad recipes. I soaked an entire bag of pinto beans last night and boy did they grow. Now I am trying to figure out how to use them all. Can you freeze them - after they are cooked?  :)
jlacotta
New, but learning

Post by jlacotta »

Well, I am new to the LDL community.  I read about the LDL in a magazine last weekend and tried to order my book from Amazon and it was back ordered and hopefully will arrive in a few weeks. In the meantime, (since Monday) I have tried to incorporate more fruit, protein shakes, and wraps for lunch.  I didn't know about the beans, but will start asap eating them.  I sure hope this 'diet' will be the ONE for me.  I have tried every diet known to man or woman!! 
What We do does not Define Us. What Defines Us is how Well We Rise after Falling!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

HI GB5 - You can absolutely freeze cooked beans.  I recommend cooking many different varieties and always keepin them available for making into soups, stews and incorporating into every recipe.  Freeze them in pint or quart containers with labels (I write on the container with dry erase markers before refrigerating the containers). 

I live on the Florida west coast where it it hot and steamy the majority of the time, but it doesn't deter me from cooking and enjoying all kinds of beans and soups.  I thrive on them, paired with frozen fruit slushies, grapes, icy seltzer with fresh squeezes of citrus - YUM.  Nothing jump starts my day like a big hot mug of ANY kind of bean, lentil, or pea soup.  It is my new ultimate comfort food.

I was just noticing last night that I don't feel the heat as badly when eating beans as I do when eating meat.  Yesterday I had a big lunch of chicken breast with my salad and fruit and felt like I was swelting in the evening while that was digesting.  When I eat more beans and soups I feel cooler and more comfortable.  So it seems natural to lighten up meats by grinding them up with some beans and forming into patties.

Beans are fantastic cold as well - alone, and paired with corn, peas, raw and parcooked veggies.  Look for marinated salad recipes like 3-Bean Salad, Marinated Corn, Fiesta Corn, on and on.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Thanks Gwennaford, I have been enjoying them in salads - now I will try some new things.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Jlacotta,

You will enjoy coming here and getting ideas and answers to your questions, there are allot of helpful people here. I would have to say it is not a good idea to be doing wraps. They have a picture of a wrap in the magazine but any types of breads are not a good idea. They can cause you to halt your weight loss and cause you to have cravings. The best thing for you to do if you are craving bread is to buy Real Foods Original Corn Thins. You can get them at your local health food store and if you can't find them there I know you can find them online but I can't remember where. I know if some of our master ldl'rs read this they can tell you where to get them. Also if any of them want to elaborate on what I have said that would be great because I don't know if I explained everything very well. I hope I helped!! Good luck!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Mary!!
I knew someone could explain it better than me!!

:D
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
jlacotta
New, but learning

Post by jlacotta »

Thanks for all the responses.  I get kinda confused when reading some of the comments.  I just read where avocados aren't good either, and the blogger even said she thought it was a fruit! 

It's just too bad that it takes sooo long to get the book and getting sooo excited to start the program that a person can get confused.

I know I can't wait to get my book and finally getting started!!!  Maybe by the time I get my book, I'll have lost alittle weight!  One can Dream!!
What We do does not Define Us. What Defines Us is how Well We Rise after Falling!