Beginning tomorrow!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
julie409
Master Member

Beginning tomorrow!

Post by julie409 »

This is my first time on any community message board. I am not a joiner - so this is a big step for me. I was waiting for the book but since it is on BO everywhere, I ordered it from the site. I hope that the book and the new changes will be easy to piece together. In the meantime, I am looking for inspiration and direction from all of you who have gone before me.

I have a long way to go and have been trying to keep my weight under control since puberty. I have had success from time to time but I was not able to sustain the losses for more than a couple of years before I began to gain again. My best results;getting down to 145 but most often I hover around 180. This is not good since I am 5'3". I am at my highest weight now including when I was pregnant.  I need a miracle.

Stress and my reaction to it plays a big part in my dealings with food. I usually weigh myself every day and my mood follows my loss or gain. I have some minor issues to deal with - medically speaking - like Hypothyroidism and Epstein Barr and Rosacea (which is very active right now - especially in my eyes).  I believe the flare up is due to a primarily acidic condition and I am hoping this plan will help me to reach a more alkaline state, especially from the fruit. The other 2 conditions leave me with little energy and feeling sad or depressed a lot of the time. So I am hoping this will improve with the plan as well.

Maybe I am expecting too much but if any of you have had any success with improved mood and energy levels or have any suggestions for me in getting started, I would be most grateful to hear what you have to say.  :rose:
laurawhite1026
New, but learning

Re: Beginning tomorrow!

Post by laurawhite1026 »

:D  hello....I am new too.....I have tried every diet and have lost 100# and gained 100# over and over....I did something drastic in 1995...stomach stapling and still could not lose all I wanted too....I still battle weight... I am tired of dieting and after 30 years I want to be done with it....I am enjoying this plan more than anything I have ever tried....I started on May 12th...don't have the cravings for anything...I am loving all of the fruit and popcorn....eating all the beans keep me full....I am in a better mood and I know this is something I can do as a way of life....I weighed 305 when I did the stomach stapling and lost 100 pounds but could never get down any farther...then gained some back and I now weigh 227 and am hoping to lose it once and for all and do something good for my body....

Come here often and you will get all the support you need to do this....it is really easy to follow....there are alot of recipes and good ideas here...

WELCOME and good luck !

Laura
omigosho
New, but learning

Post by omigosho »

You so can do it.  I too have yo yo dieted and have exercised myself to death.  This is the best plan ever.  If you get it in your head that you will do it strictly for 2 weeks you will never go back.  Don't look at the climb as all the weight.  Just do it for 2 weeks.  you will loose a bunch and will be hooked like the rest of us.  It really does work.  Check the message boards for ideas and ask lots of questions.  The members are great and will encourage you  and help you.  THIS IS A MIRACLE.  God is using it to change my life.  Bless you as you journey to skinnytown!!!!
Jennifer Goshow
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks for reaching out. I know I am not alone but hearing from you really helps. I hope to learn all I can from you and the rest of the people who take the time to post.
Take care,  :rose:
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Hi Julie409, I am new too in fact - I don't have my book yet and am a little confused at how to start without it. I read all the posts on the message board and that has helped a lot. I got the First magazine and am using that also. I also have tried sooooo many diets. The latest being the HCG diet. I lost quite a bit on it but you are only eating 500 calories and doing daily injections. You can only stay on it for 40 days and then off for 40. After the 40 days on it only took a little while to put back on most of what I had lost. I really didn't learn about eating the proper way on it. Just a really fast way to get it off. I am excited about this program. A little nervous however because we do go to friends homes to eat quite a bit and have friends over. I don't know what to do in those situations. I can control what I fix and serve in my home but can't when I am a guest. How does anyone out there handle eating at friends homes? Any help would be appreciated. Everyone is so helpful and kind. It is great to have a big message board family where everyone is willing and loves to help everyone else. Not many places like that!!! Does anyone out there live near me? Southern Utah.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Laura,
You are very kind to provide encouragement. I appreciate your comments about moods and cravings. Improvements in those areas are especially important to me. I wish you continued success and will look forward to hearing more from you

Thanks, Julie  :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi grambonnie5

I hear you! I have been collecting the recipes and will try to put this all together. I guess any headway I can make before I get the book will be a bonus. As for eating out, that had always been a challenge. I guess you could engage your friends in the process and just bring a big bag of salad greens with you and bring some fruit to share for dessert. Your hostess will probably appreciate that.
I am trying to look at this as a life plan and lifestyle change rather than a diet. More like a live it.  :thumbsup:
Since dieting has never been a long term solution for me, I need to embrace a new way of being. Having responses from people like you is a help.  Thanks!  :rose:
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Julie, Bonnie, Jennifer, Laura! 

Welcome to LDL...the last "diet" you will ever need.  This has become a way of life for those of us on these boards.  When I first began LDL, I was convinced I had a chemical imbalance that caused me to be hungry all the time.  After one week on LDL, I was crying for joy when I realized that my cravings were under control. All these wonderful foods, as much of them as you want to eat, not only help/cause you to lose weight, they change your body's need for all the wrong foods.  You now begin to desire only the good, healthy foods that God intended we should eat instead of all those processed foods that man is trying to shove down our throats.

As for eating with friends...tell them that you are working to improve your health.  If they are truly your friends, they will do what they can to help you and will serve good, healthy foods.

If you follow Roger's suggestions, I can guarantee that you will lose ALL the weight you want to lose.  When I began, I had  decided to give up.  I was going to stay fat the rest of my life (and be miserable).  I was taking meds for long-term physical ailments and figured that I would never be able to reach a reasonable thinness again.  God had another idea and I was introduced to LDL.  I've lost 55 pounds so far and I'm on my last 25, even with all the meds.  My thin future is looking REAL GOOD!!!

You WILL be able to do this, ladies.  Welcome, again, to the last way of eating you will ever need.

Blessings,
Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on May 25th, 2009, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Hi Julie it is nice to meet you!

I have only been doing LDL for 8 days. The first 3 were not fun..Headaches etc. BUT day 4 was wonderful and has been good since. I have energy, no cravings, and my mood has improved drastically. I would sugar high and crash and be sad and moody and I don't miss feeling that way.

Welcome aboard, I am glad you found this site...just as I am glad I found it. The support and suggestions are a wonderful help  :)

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey Julie!! It is great to have you!! This is the best plan I have ever been on! I feel satisfied and if I ever have any questions I know that I can come here and get them answered! Everyone here is great and you will not feel alone if you stay here. I also had the problem of weighing myself everyday and becoming discouraged. Roger suggests that you only weigh once a month. Right now your goal is to learn to eat healthy foods and get over all of the cravings for the junk food. You really do feel much better when you put your scale away some where and mark your calender for the weigh day. You will start to see results in how your clothes fit. Then you will not be stressed about what the scale says.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hi Julie!

Everyone is giving you such great replies...I just wanted to say welcome! (And thanks especially to all you newbies encouraging others to hop aboard our train to Skinnytown!).

Great name BTW:-)

Blessings,
Julie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks Julie - I love your name too!  :D

Yesterday when I started on the boards, I was a little depressed.  Today --- thanks to all the great support and the responses from everyone, I am so excited. I am also extremely optimistic not just about the plan, which I feel I have a much deeper understanding of, but because of the Great Community.

My sincerest thanks to everyone,

Julie  :rose:
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I agree! This is a great community! I can't wait to sign on everyday!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Abby

Post by Abby »

Hi Julie ..... and everyone......I'm also a newbie.  Today was my first day and wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  For me its a matter of thinking before I act and eat.  The hardest part is breaking the bad habits even though I know what I should be eating.

I'm anxious to see how I will feel after the first two weeks......we can do this!!! :)  Everyone here is so supportive and it's great just even reading the new posts.  Have a great week.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

In the beginning, instead of focusing on what you can't have*, try to emphasize the abundance of great foods and recipes that you CAN have.  I'm so busy eating well, I don't have time or budget for junk.  It happened painlessly - really without me being aware I no longer craved junk.

*Also I tell myself there is nothing I can't have.  If I want something bad I can have it if I choose.  Giving myself back this decision was the biggest incentive for me...  Having people (or telling myself) ... YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT. . . just makes me want it more.

So give yourself permission to jump wholeheartedly into Let's Do Lunch & don't look back!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
terr39
New, but learning

Post by terr39 »

Dear LLL Community.
I too have a similar story. Up and down weight. I am 51, a nurse, have two teenage girls, a wonderful BF and a busy life. I am unhappy and unhealthy at 190 pounds. I am a lifetime weight watcher member but need a different plan that is healthier. I have high blood pressure and would love to get off the medication eventually. My BF is about 20 pounds overweight and very stubborn. He has lost weight in the past on the one of the No-Carb diets , so I have been eating unhealthy stuff with him. I am very enthusiatic about this plan as a lifestyle and it sounds like something I can easily do and my BF may join in. I am hoping that he will see the change in me and join in!! Also, If I am cooking, it will happen anyway! :)

I got the First magazine yesterday and saw the article and looked at this website and got very inspired. I started this morning. I am waiting for my book , which I ordered yesterday, and am following it best I can til I get it.

This morning I had a strawberry and banana smoothie and then some fruit when I got to work with cottage cheese.

I just got back from a week in the tropics. We went scuba diving all week and I was so embarrassed about my 30 extra pounds I was trying to hide( Yeah right!) I want to look and feel better about my body and my clothes fitting oh so much better.

I look forward to changing along with all of you on this board and seeing before and after pictures!
Terri
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Welcome Terri!! It looks like you are well on your way!!
I will give some advice about the cottage cheese. Make sure it is the fat free kind and only eat that in moderation. You will find that out in the book but until then I just wanted to let you know that. I suggest you go to the top of the posts and there are some posts from Roger Troy for people just starting. There are great tips on how to get started.
I hope I helped!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
terr39
New, but learning

Post by terr39 »

HI Tina,
Thank you for the tip. I have been reading and copying stuff out of the boards. I had a feeling about the cottage cheese. Luckily, I ate very little. Can't wait to get my book!!
Terri
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Great Terri! It's ok about the cottage cheese cause like I said it is ok to have it in moderation. You are gonna love it here because there are so many helpful people who love answering you questions! Just ask away and you will always get great advice!

God Bless,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Abby,

I agree, it is not as hard as I thought initially. It's funny, I had always thought that the fruit would trigger cravings but it is actually the opposite. I guess in the past I didn't have the other keys. Now I have no cravings at all. Every now and then throughout my day when I realize this I think "Wow, this must be how normal people feel their whole lives." I am so grateful to have found the plan and for this vehicle.  When I have the book in hand I am sure it will all make perfect sense.

I know we can do this. And we have fabulous support to guide us along the way. There is not one question I have asked that has not been answered and quickly - it's astonishing. I hope we can provide continued support for each other along the way.

Welcome and have a wonderful week!

Julie :rose: