type 2 diabetics

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
babyaustin
New, but learning

Re: type 2 diabetics

Post by babyaustin »

From what I have read, no nuts. To bad because I love them. I chope someone else stops by though that has a book and tells us for sure if they are not allowed.
Deb
Deb
Bonnie CHA!

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Nuts are not allowed...  except Soynuts which some use.

Believe me, there is so much more on this eating plan, you will not miss the nuts!!

If you haven't already ordered your book from B&N...  you should order it from this website!

Welcome!

Bonnie
On the journey....

babyaustin
New, but learning

Post by babyaustin »

Thanks Bonnie for the info. I already ordered my book from here and it is on it's way. Can't wait to read it.
Deb
Deb
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I read this entire thread as my mom is a diabetic with many complications as she has gotten older.  I sure wish she knew about this years ago, although if her doctor wasn't too thrilled, she would not have experimented and tried it anyway.  I am hoping and praying she can get out of the hospital and home again.  She has been in 8 weeks with lots of problems, heart, kidneys, water retention, etc.  It is so serious.  She is receiving therapy to get walking again so she can get home.  I am wondering, since her health is already so deteriorated from her diabetes, can this way of eating still help her?  Words of wisdom for others....don't mess with this disease!  My mom always ate fairly well and kept sugar levels under control....but she would not exercise or lose weight.  If this way of eating brings positive results to your sugar and blood levels...then do it with gusto!  You do not want to have to deal with the health problems my mom has dealt with!  It has been a sadness for all of us who love her so much.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

So sorry about your Mom, Turkkm!  Go to the Medical Success stories and read all the wonderful praise reports about people who have lost so much weight on LDL and gotten so healthy that they were able to go off many meds.  LDL is just good, healthy food.  How that could hurt anyone, I have no idea. We get so brainwashed by doctors who have no nutrition training and arbitrarily tell us how to eat...Lord help us!!!

Talk to your Mom's doctors and see what they say.  Or tell them about the LDL website and ask them to check out some of the medical success stories, or cut and paste them and take them to the doctor and show them to him/her. It would be wonderful for you to see all the benefits your Mom would receive from this way of eating. 

May God bless your ministry to your Mom and may He bless you.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

vickiann

Post by vickiann »

I've recently been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, and have just started taking Metformin (500mg) twice a day. I like many others on these boards have tried numerous diets, only to gain the weight back and then some. I currently weigh 300 pounds, and my glucose level is usually around 300 when I test upon arising in the morning.  This way of eating sounds doable to me, with the extra blessing of reducing my blood sugar level. I ordered my book from this site on 5/19 so it should arrive soon. I've been reading posts on the boards and am impressed with how sincere and helpful everyone is.

Vicki
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

My mom is a type 2 diabetic and because she is computer illiterate I will tell you for her. She just started ldl 8 days ago and has been eating allot of fruit everyday even though she was skeptical in the beginning. Already her sugar levels have went down several points when she wakes up in the morning. She is very happy about this and was very surprised.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Vickie,

You have come to the right place.  I too am a type 2 diabetic and I'm only using about 1/3 of the insulin I was taking before ldl.  I eat all the fruits and usually two or three just for breakfast.  I don't snack on fruit because that raises the blood sugars and they never stabilize  when we constantly raise them.  So I eat fruit for breakfast, and dinner.  If I snack which I don't have the need to do very often, I eat bean soup or popcorn. 

Please keep us informed regarding your blood sugars so we can rejoice with you.

Hugs, Carrole
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Hi Sweet_Pea. Does the popcorn raise your blood sugar? I am not diabetic (yet - and hope I have found a plan that will keep it that way) but I have been told that I am pre-diabetic. I do check my blood sugar levels often and found that popcorn raised it but maybe it was also some of the other processed foods I was eating. I am excited for this plan - hoping for good numbers (cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure ).
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

Niki-See my post at 9:10 pm  ;D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8ZhJmH/]
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks Niki for starting this  thread! I too am a nurse and am so thankful to hear that the LDL  is also very helpful with diabetics. Now I have something of substance to give my diabetic patients.!!!!! :D
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I spent time yesterday reading this thread, since I care for my mom who has diabetes.  I decided I'm going to start giving her mostly LDL foods, but just more than my husband and myself, because she doesn't have to lose weight.  She has had a voracious appetite and is always hungry and I need to try something to get her over this.  She eats cereal in the morning with ff milk.  After the box runs out, I'm going to try something different for her.  Maybe eggs and fruit.  I've heard people eat beans for breakfast around here, so I might give her some for protein -- it'd be better than the cereal.

Then, I went to church last night and I was talking with this lady who I'd earlier shared my book with on LDL.  She had seemed very interested.  She told me last night that with all the starches in the plan, she couldn't do it because she is diabetic.  I was able to share that I had just read that day all the testimonies of people who are diabetic and eating LDL and controlling their blood sugar level.  What perfect timing!  She wants to know more so I'm going to guide her to this thread.  I hope it helps her.  I know we all would like to be healthier and more able to live our lives to the fullest.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I am a newbie here :) and a type 11 diabetic non insulin dependent...I take metformin 500 mg twice a day and diabeta 2.5 mg twice a day also. This is my 4 or 5 th day on LDL and the last couple of days are days I was following it pretty well.
That being said and yesterday eating quite well this morning my blood sugar was unusually high.. Like  I could eat 3 pieces of French toast with maple syrup and never have it this high.. Am wondering if something is triggering it?
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks  Louise
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

crickadoodle wrote:I spent time yesterday reading this thread, since I care for my mom who has diabetes.  I decided I'm going to start giving her mostly LDL foods, but just more than my husband and myself, because she doesn't have to lose weight.  She has had a voracious appetite and is always hungry and I need to try something to get her over this.  She eats cereal in the morning with ff milk.  After the box runs out, I'm going to try something different for her.  Maybe eggs and fruit.  I've heard people eat beans for breakfast around here, so I might give her some for protein -- it'd be better than the cereal.

Then, I went to church last night and I was talking with this lady who I'd earlier shared my book with on LDL.  She had seemed very interested.  She told me last night that with all the starches in the plan, she couldn't do it because she is diabetic.  I was able to share that I had just read that day all the testimonies of people who are diabetic and eating LDL and controlling their blood sugar level.  What perfect timing!  She wants to know more so I'm going to guide her to this thread.  I hope it helps her.  I know we all would like to be healthier and more able to live our lives to the fullest.

Do not worry about mom losing weight just because she eats LDL foods...her body will adjust and be better for it, I'm sure.  You may have read something I posted about this, because I am a Type II diabetic and when I was 100% LDL my blood sugar immediately dropped and stayed there.  It was wonderful!    So don't worry about starches, because the LDL foods only have the natural, GOOD starches and do not raise the B.S.  I haven't hear anyone say anything but good stuff on the effect of the blood sugar.  Same with the fruits...I thought I'd have issues with that, but I don't!

Doreen
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Niki glad you started this thread.
I too am a nurse and do a lot of teaching of people. I like to tell them what works and so I will be lurking here to read what everyone says. It is pretty exciting to see how this way of eating helps so many with their disease processes.
Bobbi
blessed

Post by blessed »

I have type 2 diabetes.  I also was sceptical with all the fruit and beans, but with my weight going up I decided to closely monitor and give it a try.  Let me tell you, I don't understand it, but it works well with people that are diabetic. My morning readings were running around 145 to 160.  Almost immediately  they went down.  I seldom get a reading over 100 in the mornings. Sometimes in the 80s, but mostly in the low 90s.  My last A1C was 5.9.  Praise the Lord!!  Now if I could just get my exercise going on a regular basis. 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

blessed wrote:  Let me tell you, I don't understand it, but it works well with people that are diabetic. My morning readings were running around 145 to 160.  Almost immediately  they went down.  I seldom get a reading over 100 in the mornings. Sometimes in the 80s, but mostly in the low 90s.  My last A1C was 5.9.  Praise the Lord!!  Now if I could just get my exercise going on a regular basis. 

praise God...what a wonderful report.....just be especially careful to avoid snacking by eating until you're really full whenever you eat...keep up the good work.....niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

That is so great, Blessed!  My mom is diabetic and now eats basically LDL, since I care for her and she eats what I fix for her.  I have been able to get her morning and evening readings really good this past week.  She eats a big bowl of bean soup everyday at lunch. 

The classes I'll be teaching at church start this Sunday and Wednesday, so I'm sure I'll send any diabetics to this thread.  It will help them a lot.
blessed

Post by blessed »

Niki, funny you should say that about eating till full.  I just told my husband today, that I ate a big enough meal that I didn't get hungry this afternoon.  I usually do get hungry in the afternoon.  I did eat some raw carrots this afternoon just to give a little boost to my B. S. to get me to dinner. For lunch I had a grilled chicken breast, big pile of roasted green beans and asparagus, some corn and peach "ice cream".  Boy was I full.  I go to the doctor next month and I'm going to talk with her about cutting the dosage of one of my pills, so my B. S. doesn't get so low.  A couple of times this past month I didn't catch it till it was in the high 50s.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Those dips can be so scarey!  I know with my mom, I have been so nervous about those.  I've learned a lot, though, since being the one who cares for her.  I keep the glucose tablets in her room, just in case.  Lately, I have not had a problem with it, though.  I credit the beans and healthy foods I feed her.