Wine

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Wine

Post by Maddy Butler »

Does anyone have a glas of wine once in a while? I love the fresh fruit and vegetables, but I do miss my wine. :sad:

MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: Wine

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

i like my wine too!  i know i'm bad *ducking for cover* but i did have some over the weekend.  it's hard when my husband and our friends are having drinks by the fire...ya know?! i think that is where i'll need some prayers!  :'(
Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Post by Maddy Butler »

Good to know I am not the only one  :D

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Roger reintroduced wine into his menu after he had lost considerable weight.  He will tell you that it did slow down his weight loss, but he continued to lose about 40 more pounds even with the wine.  On LDL you have to do what is right for you.  If you want to lose more quickly, leave the wine out for a while.  If you're satisfied with a slower loss, enjoy!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Post by Maddy Butler »

Thank you Pat and Mary for your response. It is great to know that it is not forbidden.  :)

MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

i wonder if there is a cocktail that is safer to have.  i bet wine has so much sugar in it.  i've heard something about whiskey not having as much sugar...or something!  :wacko:
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

hahaha...i was wondering if it was going to spell out c-o-c-k tail

and Mary....nah!!  don't worry  ;) :thumbsup:
Maddy Butler
New, but learning

Post by Maddy Butler »

Lizzy,

I believe that wine does not have a lot of added sugar. No cocktails for a while... promise?
  :)
Maddy

LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

Hi Lizzy,
I'm so glad you asked about wine.  My supportive husband makes homemade wine from apples and pears...yum. I know...moderation but I must confess that I'll miss my light beer. Just got my book today but started LDL yesterday with smoothies, popcorn, hummus, and pizza soup.  So 2 days on and going great. Love the boards.

LeslieB
LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

I know...I wish I didn't like lite beer.  I should be able to give it up though.  I have been pregnant practically the past 2 years and did fine without drinking.  I will allow myself some wine though.

LeslieB
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi Guys:

I am glad I found this post. I have been beating myself up this past week about having a couple of corporate functions and having two glasses of red at each of those functions.    I was a two glass a night after work with dinner before this program, so the way I see it, I have cut back dramatically (in addition to getting rid of the cheese and all the other stuff that went along with wine).  Not going to feel guilty about an occasional glass of red.

ahhhhhh....

tiss
MsKitty

Post by MsKitty »

I also have to admit that we LOVE our Budlight Lime after mowing. Nothing is better, however now Hubb & I share one when we're done!
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

I like late harvest wines they are really sweet so have not tried one yet on LDL don't trust myself with that much sugar.. *lipssealed* I might bite something sweet *evil*.