Are these OK on the LDL plan?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MissMellie

Are these OK on the LDL plan?

Post by MissMellie »

Yesterday I found an item called "Just Veggies".  It's basically dried peas, carrots, tomatoes and corn.  Nothing has been added, i.e. oils, sugar etc...  They can be eaten dry for a crunchy treat or can be added to soups or other dishes.  I think that should be O.K. to snack on, but wanted to see if anyone else has tried them.
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Are these OK on the LDL plan?

Post by patsyfay »

Does the ingredients list say anything other than dried peas, carrots, tomatoes and corn?  What brand name are they?  We can look them up on the Web and check them out.  If they are only dried vegetables, I don't see any reason why you can't use them, unless they've been so overprocessed that they've lost all the goodness of fresh.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

MissMellie

Post by MissMellie »

Hi Pat,

I looked the company up on the internet.  It's "justtomatoes.com"  They have a whole line of dried vegetables and fruits and nothing has been added to their products.  I bought the Just Veggies and Just Peas and they are both very good for quick snack/crunch fix.  I think that would be great to sprinkle on a salad to add some crunch since we can't have croutons.

Thanks,
Melody
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

My only suggestion would be to try them and see what happens.  If they do stall or stop weight loss you can always eliminate them. That's the beauty of LDL...we make it work for us!  Hope it works.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I hope it works out MissMellie! I would be willing to get some too! Let us know how they work for ya!!  :D

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I've tried these. I can recommend them as being LDL-compliant.
However they are SO EXPENSIVE!
I tried the dried strawberries, mixed veggies, corn.
Then decided just to eat regular strawberries, mixed veggies and corn for a much cheaper price.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks for the info NJ! I definitely don't have the funds for anything expensive right now but if someone finds them at a cheap price, let us know!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

these would be great for road trips or to keep in the car for that urge or something, I too would love to know where to find them cheaper than the site( altho free shipping is cool) so please keep us informed
MissMellie

Post by MissMellie »

They are a little pricey, but I travel a lot for work and they're great for a quick snack in the car.  I found mine at Whole Foods.