FINALLY DOWN BELOW 200LBS!!!!!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
electricj1316
Master Member

FINALLY DOWN BELOW 200LBS!!!!!!!!

Post by electricj1316 »

I cannot believe it!!! I have weighed over 200lbs for over 10 years now and no matter how many diets I went on I could not get down below 200 and now, today, I weigh 199lbs!!!! *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*

I can't believe it!! I feel great!! I don't feel deprived at all and some of my clothes are too big for me now!! Yayyy!! I love ldl!! God is so great and so amazing!!

Tina
*woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*
Tina

Jason
Mattie
grambonnie5

Re: FINALLY DOWN BELOW 200LBS!!!!!!!!

Post by grambonnie5 »

That's great! Good job. My book finally arrived yesterday and I am reading it today. I wanted to start it went it came yesterday but was babysitting my 9 year old granddaughter and she just can't let me sit and read - I have to be doing something with her. You would think I wouldn't have a weight problem with as much moving I do when she is here which is alot.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Grambonnie!! I used to think the same thing about having 3 kids and being so active, I didn't know how I could be overweight. But after being on ldl and seeing the inches and pounds come off, I realize I didn't eat right and no matter how much I exercise it's not coming off if I don't eat right.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Congratulations Tina !  That is a fantastic milestone.  How long have you been on the program ?  I will toast to you tonight with a nice glass of sparkling water in a champagne glass with a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice and a few raspberries. 

Peace,

Tiss
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Tiss!! I have been on ldl for 2 weeks now but I was trying to eat right and exercise starting about 2 months before I found ldl. (I wish I would
have found ldl 2 1/2 months ago instead of 2 wks ago :'()  About 2 years ago I had gotten up to 243lbs and lost some on weight watchers then I gained almost all of it back so I started going to the gym and lost down to 203 and never could go below that so I got discouraged and started eating bad again and started gaining again. I got back up to 216 and I started talking to God about it. About that time my Pastor did a sermon and mentioned how important it is to take care of your body because that is what God says to do. It really hit me, I realized God had given that to me and I started praying for God to help me. I had never asked him before. (pretty stupid I know) So I started trying to eat the way I thought was healthy and started working out but I did it for different reasons than I had ever done before. I stopped trying to do it for vanity reasons and starting doing it because it is what God says to do. I prayed allot and asked God to help me and then I know He brought me ldl! I am happy to say that I feel amazing and in just 2 wks on ldl I have lost 9lbs where it took me 2 months to lose 8lbs without ldl and I did not feel good while I wasn't on ldl. I have so much energy!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
ralong
New, but learning

Post by ralong »

Tina,

Do you mind if I ask you what you've been eating to lose the 9 pounds? I weigh 210 lbs.after gaining 20 pounds from last year (stress resulting from family issues) and can't seem to get in a groove with LDL.  Maybe you can share what you've been doing with me?

Thanks,

Rebecca
Abby

Post by Abby »

Congratulations Tina!  I know you must be feeling fantastic....keep up the great work.  I hope one day I'll be under 200 myself.  Have a great weekend. :)
sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

Congratulations!!! You must be sooo proud of yourself. Good job  :thumbsup:
Gretchen
New, but learning

Post by Gretchen »

Way to go Tina!!!  *woot*

I'm starting at 215 and can't wait till I get into the 100's. 

I'm so proud of you!! 

Gretchen
Ritarh

Post by Ritarh »

Congratulations Tina!!  I know what a milestone that can be as I once was almost 300 lbs and when I finally got below that 200 mark (I had weight loss surgery) it was such a joy!!  Now I am close to that 200 lb mark and I will not let myself go over it again.  I, like you, know that it was God leading me to ldl.  I never buy the First magazine, but the front cover intrigued me, so I picked it up and I am so glad that I did.  You keep up the good work, I know you can do it *love*!!

Rita
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks everybody!!

Rebecca,

I have to say that for 2 weeks (today) I have not went off of ldl foods once. I have followed by doing what Roger Troy says in the book, by eating fruit in the morning until I am satisfied and then if I get hungry in between breakfast and lunch I heat more fruit until I am satisfied. For lunch I always make sure that I get good lean meat until I am satisfied and usually eat salad with it (because I love salad) w/homemade dressing,(balsamic vinegar, fresh parsley, fresh garlic cloves, fresh squeezed lemon, sea salt, and olive oil), if I am hungry between the next meals I eat more fruit and maybe popcorn until satisfied, for dinner I have been eating different things. One night I made Mary's creamy roasted garlic soup and it was a hit, another night I had mexican bean and corn soup and it was a hit too, if I am still hungry I will either have a smoothie or salad. In the evenings when I have cravings I either eat fruit or popcorn until I am satisfied. I also eat allot of frozen grapes, frozen watermelon, and frozen cantaloupe, when I crave something sweet. I also took RT's advice from the book and I eat either a half of a grapefruit or a whole grapefruit with every meal. But I love grapefruit so it's a treat to me, I wouldn't do it if you don't like them. The main thing is that I do not deprive myself, if I am hungry I eat but I eat only approved ldl foods and I eat them until I am satisfied!!
I love to use the recipes from this site, I bookmark the ones I like and I make my grocery list from the ingredients in the recipes I like!!
I hope this helps!
If you have any more questions that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask me!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Yep!! What RT said!!  :D

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

CONGRATULATIONS, TINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D    :D    :D      :D    :D      :D    :D    :D 

Treat yourself with a new outfit.  You deserve it. 

I can only imagine how you feel.  I can't wait until I get there.  Your story sounds so close to mine it is unreal.  Keep it up.

*hug*
Ginny
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Ginny!! Your so sweet!!  *hug*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
photojenics
New, but learning

Post by photojenics »

Hooooray Tina!  Doin' the happy dance with ya!
Jen in N TX

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Jen!!! I love the happy dance! And it burns calories too!!  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

electricj1316 wrote:I cannot believe it!!! I have weighed over 200lbs for over 10 years now and no matter how many diets I went on I could not get down below 200 and now, today, I weigh 199lbs!!!! *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*

I can't believe it!! I feel great!! I don't feel deprived at all and some of my clothes are too big for me now!! Yayyy!! I love ldl!! God is so great and so amazing!!

Tina
*woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*

Thanks so much for the postcard from ONEDERLAND, Tina!  Can't wait to cross the 200 pound line and see ONEDERLAND with my very own baby blues.  By then you'll be a tour guide!  Congrats!  :thumbsup:

GEM
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Way to go Tina!  I'm so happy for you and how good this has gotta be feeling.
You're doing a great job of eating to lose and enjoying your ride to Skinnytown.
:rose:
mrsj
TammyZ

Post by TammyZ »

Tina,

That is awesome! You are such an inspiration to me.  I was doing WW after the holidays and I actually gained weight.  Worst of all I have been feeling bad (no energy, sore feet etc!) I will be happy just to feel good and if the weight comes off that will be a plus!  I feel God led me to this diet, my mom gave me the First mag. that had the article on LDL and I looked inside and saw several things about diets and I pitched it, I thought I do not want something else that does not work!  Than, I feel God was speaking to me and made me go and pick it out of the garbage and I opened right to the article on LDL.  Anyhow, that is how my journey started a few days ago and for the first time I feel at peace about changing my eating habits.

Again congratulations,
Tammy