Sure hope I can do this

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Sure hope I can do this

Post by grammylaurie »

Hello, I am new on this site. I am going to see Roger tomorrow at a book signing. If I have the courage to go. I have tried every diet/weight loss out there and I do not have the will power to stay on anything as you just get so hungry or sick of eating the same things for 10 days in a row. I have tried so many things that my family just rolls there eyes when I start a new one. I am 100# overweight. However I am believing that this will be my answer to my prayers.  I know that God can and does perform miracles and I am claiming this as one. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH. I pray that I do not let anything stand in my way of going tomorrow night. I hope this posts. I am not very computer knowledgeable. If I can I will get on here all the time for support and Prayer. I did try to send a email to Roger to tell him I will say hi tomorrow but it came back to me. I must have done something wrong. I feel so defeated by being so overweight. And since I am not proud of myself it is really hard to see how my husband could be proud of me. God has really blessed me with him. He is always telling me that I am beautiful. I just can't wait until I believe it myself. I know that I am letting this drag me down. But God has really been speaking to me lately about eating right. And I pray that I will be successful in this.
Tori

Re: Sure hope I can do this

Post by Tori »

Grammylaurie, I *know* you can do this! The thing about Let's Do Lunch is that you do *not* go hungry, and you do *not* have to eat the same things all the time. You can eat many different types of fruits, veggies, proteins, etc. It's all about what you eat, and even WHEN you eat it. Protein at lunch instead of dinner is a real helper when you are trying to lose weight!

You will be in our thoughts, and we are here to encourage you any way that we can! God loves you, your wonderful hubby loves you, and WE love you. Now it's time to start believing in yourself, so that YOU will love you too! (:

(((((Hugs, and welcome to the family!)))))
niki

Post by niki »

hi laurie...i'm going to take a chance that that is your name...my friend's grandson calls her "grammy"...either  way,the most important thing is that GOD knows your name and is making provision right now for you to become your ideal weight WITHOUT dieting and WITHOUT willpower....................i'm 54..i had willpower when i was young.........i have none now and I THANK GOD that i didn't need any to eat this way and lose weight.............
  you will more than likely speak to roger.....he is a humble and VERY approachable man..and there's nothing he loves more than talking to people to help them by sharing his blessing with them......BUT,if not,the blessing is here for you..........the Lord loves you...you are dear and special to Him more than you can imagine....before you prayed,He knew your need...and He has made provision for you....right here.......right now........don't turn to the left......don't turn to the right......i have been so blessed by this program of eating..it has changed my life..................it can and it WILL do the same for you....very sincerely,niki
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Grammy Laurie I have 4 little words for you -- YOU WILL DO IT.

I too am new to LDL. I am starting my third week. I also tried every diet out there, only to fail. I think one, of the many, reason LDL is different is because you have a network of people who are willing to help you.

The folks on the bulletin board are a Godsend. Everyone is willing to help: give advice, give encouragement, and give insight. In addition, having the founder take a personal interest in each (and every) individual is a Blessing of its own. I do not think I would have gotten past these past two weeks without the help I received. Plus, LDL incorporates strong beliefs in the Lord.  I too am a confirm believer in Philippians 4:13, so how can we fail?

One advice I have is to make sure you read Roger's book over and over, especially during the first few weeks. In each reading you will find you will grasp concepts you have missed.

Plus, give it time. Give it a month before deciding if it is or isn’t working for you. This isn't one of those miracle instantaneous weight loss programs. These types of programs always fail. This is a way of life. My doctor reminded me that each pound I gained took time to put on, and it’s going to take some time to loose those same pounds. She reminded me that even if I lost only 1 pound per week, in year’s time I’d be 52 pounds lighter.

Welcome again, and can't wait to hear your success story !!

Tom
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Post by grammylaurie »

Good Morning everyone,
First let me thank everyone for taking the time to send me your blessings of encouragement.
I will tell you a little bit about me. Yes my name is Laurie. I will be 47 this fall.  I have 7 grandchildren that I would love to play with more then I do but my weight keeps me from doing to much. I am 100# overweight. And if there is a weightloss program/pill/potion out there I have tried it. Surgery is the 1 thing I have not done. And sadly the reason that I have not done that was FEAR/$$$. I praise the Lord that the $$$ was not there as I am sure I would have overcome my fear. It is really sad that people who feel desperate do desperate things that they would not normally do. Anyway, I am the youngest child of a blended family (19 children). My 6 sisters and I are all overweight. My mother is also she is 83. I know that they have all tried many weightloss things also. My prayer is that as they see the LDL lifestyle change in me that they will quit all of the other things to try. So by me getting the book and getting my eating set according to Gods plan then I have the potential to help many others right in my own family. As well as several friends from church.  I am excited as well as nervous about tonight.
Thanks again everyone, I can already feel the prayers.
Laurie
niki

Post by niki »

hi laurie........now that you know about let's do lunch,the hard part is over.........i look forward to your posts saying that you're AMAZED that you have NO cravings...i was SO serious when i said NO WILLPOWER NECESSARY.....AND i look forward to hearing that YOUR WHOLE FAMILY is on this program also...
  make sure you eat until full...you're not on a diet....and keep snacks handy so that you're never hungry...i particularly like soynuts as a snack because they're a complete protein and are VERY satisfying.......ENJOY YOURSELF cooking and eating all these delicious foods...i've already lost 30 pounds which for me is really something as i am not even on a diet.....the bean soups are a wonder on this program....you can eat as much as you want...they really clinch those stable blood sugars that take away the cravings..............the only thing,i must confess,i NOW crave bean soups...i can hardly go a day without them.........hey,beats my chocolate addiction........God bless you as you receive this blessing from Him ..SEE,you don't have to wait to receive your glorified body to be a perfect weight....He's going to do it right here,right now.........any questions or concerns?...ask away.....we're here to help you...............niki
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

what ever you do please OMIT the word "TRY" from your vocabulary. There is no try. You either do it or you don't. Has anyone ever tried to drop a pencil? You cannot do it. You either hold it in your hand or drop it but there is no try.

We Will Succeed on LDL. We are not trying to lose weight...We are not trying to change our eating habits...We are not trying chnage our life and be healthy...We are doing it and we will win!!!

Stay focused...Be Advised, Informed and most of all Be True to yourself and Ask Our Heavenly Father for his Help every single day and night.

If Life knocks you down, Pray that you fall on your back...'cause if You can look up you can get up!

rh
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

that was excellent richard.... that and "coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous"..what pearls of wisdom come from your mouth(and your fingertips)...................you're absolutely right.....by nature, greeks think, jews act...as children of abraham(children of the promise)that is exactly what our mind set should be....to act and JUST DO IT.......the next time i feel like i can't do it,i'll remember what you said...thank you..............niki 
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Post by grammylaurie »

This support group has just been so awesome. I am really getting excited about going tonight for my book. I am also going to plan on getting the recipe cards.

Again I just want to thank everyone for all that you are sharing. The hope/wisdom/ideas are VERY welcome. I have to admit that I am WOW'd by it all.

Laurie
niki

Post by niki »

hi laurie...that's great...i'm so glad to hear it...take a look at the recipes on these boards.....there are loads of great ones................there is so much to eat on this program..that's the reason we don't call it a "diet"....because it's not...and that's the most amazing part of it all.........God bless you............niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Richard:

Thank you, Yoda.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

you know really diet is not a bad word...society has placed such a bad connoation on it becuase it has become synonymous with a self imposed punishment kind of thing for when we acknowledge that we are overwieght.

Webster's defines Diet as:

1 a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed b : habitual nourishment c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight

I like (B) the best out of all of them.

we are teaching ourselves the habit of nourishing our bodeis the way they are meant to be nourished the way GOD designed them to be nourished.

rh
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

you guys crack me up.....niki
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

"...Wise a man is who himself makes laughter of his words..."

May the Fork be with You !!!
Richard Hernandez
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Richard:

I had a boss many years age who had the same philosophy as it applies to clothing, he hated synthetic materials (e.g. polyester) and would say "Give me what Jesus wore, cotton, wool, leather.... I think he had something.

God gave us everything we need to "nourish" ourselves in all aspects, food, clothing, shelter, companionship, spirituality..............we need only to seek it.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.