LDL and Oprah

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Jerzygrl09

LDL and Oprah

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Just Wondering - - Does Oprah know about Roger and the LDL plan? If not, she should. If Roger went on her show, the whole world would learn of this way of eating and the "spirit" that drives it and made it happen in the first place. Oprah is very much into spirituality and Roger's selflessness in not taking profits from the book and why, is something she'd admire and want to promote. Also, I could see her lovin' this WOE.
heretotheend

Re: LDL and Oprah

Post by heretotheend »

I agree with you. That would be the best publicity LDL could ever get.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I had suggested that also --- somewhere. Can't remember - great minds --- :thumbsup:

I think we can flood Oprah with letters of our success and perhaps when she gets enough info she will bite like she did with the Secret.

I also mentioned that Dr. Oz will have his own show in the fall. He might also be a good advocate if we flood him with the medical success stories. I was going to send Roger an email about doing that but didn't have a chance yet.

Roger, are you out there? Wouldn't presume to do anything without your blessing.

Julie  :rose:
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

There was talk of this a while back and a number of us emailed I think....not sure what became of it.  It seems you never know....If the WW talks are still going on maybe Oprah is too.

Blessings,
Julie
rodie

Post by rodie »

Mary,
Has he tried sending his book to her????Maybe send it to Harper Studios  c/o Oprah!!!It's worth a try.

Hugzzzz
Rodie
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

It's all about God's timing and God's way.  No sense us forcing it....but prayer sure will help!  He will open doors!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Dr. Oz might just be the right person - but I do recall him being a big "nuts" and whole grain advocate, though I don't recall his position on dairy. Have to go back and review his book. On the other hand, he could possibly endorse this as an alternative and healthy way of eating.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I remember someone saying that her trainer Bob, had her brainwashed into believing the only way to lose weight was to limit portions and exercise yourself thin.  I was surprised to hear how easily influenced she seems to be by teachings that advocate improving yourself and your life through your own power.  She often parroted catch-phrases to this effect during the programs I watched. 

I suppose that Oprah, like many of us, has a set of beliefs she adheres to, based on the mountains of input she must receive.  I watched a couple of her programs last week on living your "best life" where they talked a lot about spirituality.  It was very disturbing to think of how many millions of people idolize her and accept everything she believes as gospel. 

Therefore, I have a burden on my heart to pray for her, that her caring heart and generous spririt are not abused or polluted by negative influences.  Also praying that the Lord will put His workers in her path to lead her into the way He wants her to go, and if that includes LDL, that she will be receptive to it in His timing.  I think we can accomplish much more through prayer than with emails.

Just my Image

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

My sentiments exactly Gwen!  :rose:
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I have a burden on my heart to pray for her, that her caring heart and generous spririt are not abused or polluted by negative influences.  Also praying that the Lord will put His workers in her path to lead her into the way He wants her to go, and if that includes LDL, that she will be receptive to it in His timing.  I think we can accomplish much more through prayer than with emails.
Amen Gwennie, Amen!
I like Kathie's comment about relying on God's timing and God's way........LDL comes from Him anyway.
Thank you Lord!  Thank you Roger for listening to Him and honoring God by sharing LDL with all of us.
mrsj
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

I third that Amen Gwen! 
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Due to her massive audience, I thought it would be a good way to promote LDL - - it's all about marketing. Not disputing it'll happen in God's time - but I'm just thinking from a business point of view about this.

Last night, there was show on cable about her and the impact she has on people's lives and businesses when they are called to her program. It's astounding, as you can imagine.
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

If we can't put the word out thru Oprah - or a large audience like that - we will just have to be examples in our own small way. As many diets Oprah has been on and failed at - you would think she would be interested in one that really works without starving. If enough of us succeed word would spread. :)
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

That brings up an interesting point.....
With all the diets Oprah has failed on, maybe we don't want too much publicity from her.  People might just think that its just another diet Oprah is trying and not realize it is really a whole new way of eating so you never have to feel deprived again!  I know that when and if Oprah finally comes around, and realizes what LDL is, she also would never have to diet again.  ;)

Personally, I am just trying it on myself and letting people in my life notice for themselves.  The thing is, it will take some time.  I have lost weight before and been thin.....but I have not kept it off.  So, they will have to see me lose and see me maintain too to realize this is different. 
bethp

Post by bethp »

I sent an email to the show at Oprah.com several weeks ago. There is a space for show suggestions on the home page. Maybe if a lot more of us LDLers send in suggestions about LDL and what a wonderful WOL it is...not a diet. Perhaps someone will take notice with divine intervention. If I hear anything, ya'll will be the first to know!!!  :D
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

You know what? I have been on every diet out there. I could WRITE a diet book. I've lost God knows how many pounds on other diets - and faster actually than on this one. However, when I first found LDL something resonated with me that LDL is the right way to eat and lose and be healthy. I am wholeheartedly going to pursue this. It makes "sense" on a gut level (no pun intended).  I bet a lot of other people would react the same way.
ginney

Post by ginney »

Amen sister, I am right there with you.  I have wasted sooooooooooooo much money on diet products, it's a sin!!!  I am seriously thinking about gathering up all of my purchases, putting them in a pile and taking a pic of them.  I have vowed no more diet products or weekly, monthly magazines on weight loss!  I have purchased the last one I will ever need, I really feel confident of that.  I will give what I would be spending on the items mentioned above to charities, etc.
:thumbsup:
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Gwennaford wrote:I remember someone saying that her trainer Bob, had her brainwashed into believing the only way to lose weight was to limit portions and exercise yourself thin.  I was surprised to hear how easily influenced she seems to be by teachings that advocate improving yourself and your life through your own power.  She often parroted catch-phrases to this effect during the programs I watched. 

I suppose that Oprah, like many of us, has a set of beliefs she adheres to, based on the mountains of input she must receive.  I watched a couple of her programs last week on living your "best life" where they talked a lot about spirituality.  It was very disturbing to think of how many millions of people idolize her and accept everything she believes as gospel. 

Therefore, I have a burden on my heart to pray for her, that her caring heart and generous spririt are not abused or polluted by negative influences.  Also praying that the Lord will put His workers in her path to lead her into the way He wants her to go, and if that includes LDL, that she will be receptive to it in His timing.  I think we can accomplish much more through prayer than with emails.

Just my Image

Gwen

AMEN!  I put my faith and trust in God and my WOE in LDL and Roger. If Oprah wants to get on board the train to skinnytown she'll find LDL just like the rest of us did. Eljayne