Campbell's Veg Beef soup

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Campbell's Veg Beef soup

Post by Singing4Him »

Can someone tell me if Veg Beef Soup is acceptable? It has a few chunks of beef and potatoes in it, unlike the Veg Soup that just has pasta alphabet. Thank you.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
electricj1316
Master Member

Re: Campbell's Veg Beef soup

Post by electricj1316 »

Just make sure to check the label and see if it has any added sugars if not it should be fine for your big meal of the day but I wouldn't eat it in the evening unless you were switching your big meal for the day. But that's just me, you may find that others have a different opinion.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

Thanks Tina - I thought that might be the case because of the actual beef chunks (even tho' they are small and few). I honestly prefer it more than the campbell's veggie soup, so the first time I ate it in the evening, I ate everyting but the beef and potatoes (which was kinda hard because there were sooooo many pototoes). I appreciate your input and keep a look out for any other thoughts. Have a great day!
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi singing4him,

I hate to be the one to say this, but it's not a good choice.  The potatoes are the culprit here not the beef.  Most of these soups with potatoes in them also have potatoe starch as a thickener.  Roger eats some of the healthy choice soups.  I'm not sure which ones but you can PM him or post a public message and I'm sure he will answer you.  I know having canned soups etc. is SO much more convenient sometimes.  We just want you to be eating the best possible choice for you.  :) 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

LittlePrincess wrote:I hate to be the one to say this, but it's not a good choice. 

here's my suggestion for a quick meal almost as easy as opening a can of soup...........saute some onion, add some crushed tomato, then add a can of cannelini beans...cook for 1/2 hour or less depending on how desperate you are to eat....this is the recipe i posted for greek bean soup.......i make it with different beans, i add more spice and eggplant or anything i want........a lot of what i eat is a variation of this......here it is..
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=882.0
i'll make 2 pounds of dried beans like this in the crock pot, eat for a few days and freeze some..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

thank you ladies. I appreciate your posts and I will refrain from purchasing this soup at all.  I did just have a can, but I main ate the veggies, and drank the broth.  Hope that didn't hurt too much.  I do have a question Niki - I have seen these "cannelini" beans in the book and on this site, but I cannot seem to find them in our local stores - what are they and where do I find them? Are they like a navy, lima, and pinto? Thank you again.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Singing4Him wrote: Niki - I have seen these "cannelini" beans in the book and on this site, but I cannot seem to find them in our local stores - what are they and where do I find them? Are they like a navy, lima, and pinto? Thank you again.

they're white beans and they're a little bigger than white navy beans......in fact, the white navy beans were on sale a few weeks ago and i bought 5 pounds....there isn't that much difference...but, every so often, if you go to a different store, look and see if you can find them.....goya sells them...........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

Thanks Niki - I will keep a look out for them.