"You All Saved Me Today!!!!!!!!!"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Ritarh

"You All Saved Me Today!!!!!!!!!"

Post by Ritarh »

Hi Everyone,
I am so glad I came to the boards today at lunchtime, I wasn't going to because I was so bummed out.  Here is what happened (and I don't have anyone to blame but myself!!) - you know I put my scale in the trunk of my car intending to give to my sister, wellllllll, I pulled it out last night and weighed myself!!  BIG MISTAKE!!  I hadn't lost near as much as I thought I had, so I proceeded to get depressed.  I know I should not have done it, but bad habits are sooooo hard to break.... anyway, I really had thoughts of cheating, thinking that this was not working.  However, I had made plans to make Neet's meatloaf, so I went ahead and made up the meatloaf, drank a smoothie while I was doing it.  Made the mashed potatoes (turned out great this time) and ate some of those.

I had decided as my depression settled in, that I was not going to come to the boards anymore, that it was just one more thing that I failed at!!  Well I made it thru the night and remained LDL!!  When I got up this morning, I decided that no matter what the scale said, I was not going to give up just yet.  I can't begin to tell you how good I have felt these last 3 weeks.  No mood swings (well except for last night), no bloating, no cravings, clothes are getting looser, etc.  Well, to get back to my story, at lunch time I decided to read some of the postings, and I don't think it was a mistake, I think God's hand was in it!!!!  Some of the postings were exactly what I had done to myself.  It was like they were posted just for me, if that is possible.  So many had done the same thing I had done and were determined not to let the numbers dictate what I was going to do for the rest of my life, eat healthy!!!  I read Gwen's posting and it just hit home, I don't need the numbers.  If my clothes are getting looser, then I have to be doing something right!!  RIGHT???

It made me realize how much I need all of you and how much I want to be here to cheer everyone else on.  So now when I am done here, I am going to go and post on my journal and I am going to keep doing this until I reach my goal.  I also want you to know that I went to the Dr Tuesday morning for my B12 shot and they took my blood pressure, it was 133/66, it has never been that low at the Dr's office, so once again I know that I am doing the right thing by sticking to this.

Thanks for listening,

Rita
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: "You All Saved Me Today!!!!!!!!!"

Post by LittlePrincess »

Rita honey!!  (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

You are absolutely right!!!  Gods hand IS in it.  This is the reason I HATE scales.  They are like little evil machines that whisper to us....."You didn't lose anything, your are worthless"......or....."Yay!  You lost two pounds so today you are okay!"  Only it's whispering under it's breath....."But I'll get you again on another day.  You just wait and see, if you don't gain any weight then I will just torture you about not losing enough!" 

You are SOOOOOO much more than a number on a scale.  YOU are a beautiful woman with so many gifts to offer this world.  YOU are one of Gods daughters and believe me He is up there nudging the angels smiling and saying....See that one?  She's mine!  I made her.  LOOK how beautiful she is!  And His eyes are as full of pride as any fathers ever could be. 

I'm so glad you stayed on plan hon!!!  MAJOR win in your column!!!  YAYYYYYYYYY!!!  ;D

Just remember......If it's not hunger, food won't fix it.  If it is hunger LDL baby!!!!! 

You are beautiful.  You matter.  You count.  Your weight has absolutely NOTHING to do with your value and worth as a person.  We love you totally and completely and we see your beauty and worth even on the days you can't.. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by julie409 »

LP, what a lovely message. I agree with every word of it.

Rita,
I am so happy you remained open to feel God's nudge. You are fabulous and deserve to feel wonderful and healthy.

Julie :rose:
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Little Princess...like Sarah, you are a Princess of God!!  Wonderful words.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Rita! Atta Girl! You stayed ON plan! You rock..and YOU can do this..and we are doing this together  :D

I know the cycle..we all probably know the cycle...and I think sometimes when the doubt creeps into our minds...it is so easy to fall back to what we know..which in the past has been failure. BUT it is a brand new day..and this is working and you know what? Failure is not an option this time. This time we are doing it differently. This time we are making good choices and will continue to do so. Because it works. Because we all deserve it.

I have the little voices in my head too Rita...but it is up to us to just tell them to SHUT UP!  :D
(maybe we shouldn't talk about the lil voices in a public chat forum LOL )  :wacko:

LP...what can I say...only that your posts always touch me on a very deep level. You continue to inspire me and lift me up with your beautiful words. I just think you are such an amazing woman  *hug*

I see my friend Julie popped in here as well...isn't she the best?

Ok eat your grapes...  :tongue:

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

OK LP...i'm totally teary now. i'm a fat baby anyways and wow...OK...i'm better now!  :thumbsup:

Rita i'm so glad you aren't going anywhere!!  yes...your right...it is making a difference if your clothes fit and your general heath is better. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

~Jazmyn  *love*

:blush:  *hug*

Julie :rose:
Ritarh

Post by Ritarh »

Oh my gosh, I am so close to tears, (well now I am crying, but they are happy ones).  You guys are really and truly the best.  Thank you so much for your comforting and encouraging words.  Even though I have met none of you, I feel so close to all of you.  With God on my side (you know " if God be for you, who can be against you") and all of my wonderful friends in here, there is no way that I will be defeated. 

I have to say that in the past I would have broken down and eaten everything that was in sight or in reach, but this time I guess because I really don't want any of the sweets, it was a little easier to stay on LDL and not crash and burn!!

Thanks so much to all of you.......you made it so much easier for me to continue down this wonderful road to better health and healing. 

God bless you all so much!!!!

Rita
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

got here late, but want to chime in with my 2 cents, keep up the good work, gotta change that self talk to success talk.  You are a child of the King, that makes you special, beautiful and worthy of the best. so keep on ldl and keep on keeping on.
Ritarh

Post by Ritarh »

Thanks Mom,  I am going to succeed this time.  All of my wonderful friends here on this message board are going to see to that!!!  I had another good LDL day and I plan on continuing to have good days.  I am going to make sure that I always have the things I need to eat so that I can't and I won't fail.  I hope you have a wonderful evening and a great weekend also.

Rita
bowe

Post by bowe »

HI Rita-
I read your reply to my food journal posting and followed your suggestion to read your posting for today. Sharing your experience made me realize that I too was listening to my old doubts (voices in my head). So, know too that YOU saved me today because I am really going to "trust God and follow the plan". That may be my new motto!