Newbie on Day #8

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
traci
New, but learning

Newbie on Day #8

Post by traci »

Hi everyone,
I'm new to LDL, on Day #8 and am loving it.

My husband brought the book home from work after Roger's appearance on his news show and I couldn't stop reading.  Once I read you could eat fruit, smoothies and popcorn, I got more serious.  I've never had a significant weight problem but have had a more difficult time maintaining where I want to be with a career and baby girl.  I just can't spend hours lifting weights and doing cardio anymore! 

I've spent years observing Weight Watchers points and found that worked for me, but I was always hungry and avoided all the fruits I loved because they were so many "points!"  I always craved sweets as well.

My experience in the first week has been really awesome.  Just the sheer fact that I don't have non-stop cravings for chocolate.  I don't find myself hungry an hour and a half after a meal.  I actually walked past homemade cookies at work today without a whole lot of debate.  It's amazing to me! 

I think my downfall in the past has been eating a starch - like a baked potatoe with many meals.  I would spray it with 'I can't believe it's not butter spray' and think it was healthy.  It totally makes sense to me now that perhaps that was making me hungrier in the long run.

I made the bean soup and stew in the book this week and they were fantastic. 

I'd love to lose about 10 pounds before a big class reunion right after Labor Day... so we'll see.

A couple questions that I think I know the answer to but I'll ask anyway...

No natural - no sugar -peanut butter, even?  Perhaps as a protein on one of the Wasa crisps? 
And it looks like yogurt is out for the most part, right?  The yogurt is kind of tough for me and that's surprised me.

Thanks everyone!
TLC
niki

Re: Newbie on Day #8

Post by niki »

hi traci...your trip will be a short one...but you'll learn a wonderful way of maintaining your ideal weight WITHOUT counting points and NOT eatiing until full....you'll be able to eat all the sweetest fruit which you couldn't do before AND lose....
  it's a wonderful way of eating and has really changed my life...how fortunate that your husband works for the news show that roger was on.......that's great...will your husband do the program with you?
  you can buy i.m. healthy soynut butter and you can put it on wasa crisps or real foods cornthins that don't have any added sugars because you can't eat nuts.......
  i don't miss eating yogurt...but i think you can have nonfat yogurt without sugar as an occasional treat....once you lose the 10 lbs you want to lose,maybe that would be something you might want to add back to do maintenance................
  i'm so glad you're lovin this program...welcome to our boards....niki
Last edited by niki on August 2nd, 2006, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
traci
New, but learning

Post by traci »

Thanks Nikki,
My husband is actually helping me prepare the food and is sampling the recipes and loving them, so my hope is it's just a matter of time... It would definitely make it a little easier to change a lifestyle and go on the LDL journey together!

I made the stew that's in the book for lunch today and not only did my husband like it and eat it for 'dinner,'  but my 18-month-old ate it and loved it, too.  It was kind of funny because she normally doesn't have a taste for beef but was eating it double fisted.   

We're trying the pizza soup next.  I'll look for the soynut butter as well... Thanks for your encouragement and advice! 
niki

Post by niki »

that's great, traci....i love your enthusiasm....and just so you know,that enthusiasm never wanes......i am as enthusiastic as i was in the beginning...maybe more since i have had great success which i almost didn't count on....when you don't seem to lose any other way,why would you expect to lose on a new plan?.....but i have and am still losing............keep up the good work.....niki 
traci
New, but learning

Post by traci »

Sort of your old stomping grounds, I understand... Fox 28 Wake-Up in the South Bend Market.  I anchor the nighly news there as well.  Thanks for being on the show and bringing us the wonderful plan.  I hope you had a great time at your reunion!
Sincerly,
TLC
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Post by grammylaurie »

Hi Traci, wow I think it is so neat to find out people in my area are doing LDL. I am from Buchanan. I saw Roger on the show and went to see him at Barnes & Noble that week. The book was out and I got it delivered to me on Tuesday. This is my day #2.  I am so totally excited about this and for the first time in my life I can CLEARLY picture myself slimmer/healthier. God is so good and I am so glad that He chose Roger and that Roger let Him use him as a vessel. I bet Roger did not know that he would be emptying himself out so that God could fill him up with all of this to share.  Thanks again Roger for letting God use you.  I will be watching your progress on the show.  Laurie
traci
New, but learning

Post by traci »

Hi Laurie,
It's great to 'meet' you!  I'm so glad you learned about LDL on Wake-up... it's nice to know of someone else in the area who's doing it!  I'm only on Day #10, but absolutely love it so far.  Let me know how your experience is.  It's funny that you said you can clearly picture yourself slimmer/healthier because I just said today that I can clearly picture doing this eating plan permanently.  It's been that "do-able" for me.  I've never said that about any of these plans before.  Even Weight Watchers I did long-term but found so difficult and veered off from time to time.  I completely see myself doing LDL long-term.  I love not having the cravings.  My husband made chocolate chip cookies tonight for my daughter and I'm not even worried about resisting them when I go home.  I just know I'll be able to.  That is completely wild to me.  I'm used to fighting with myself to keep myself away from that kind of stuff or fighting the urge to eat more than one.  The fruit and popcorn have been my savior!  Good Luck and Thanks For Watching!

Traci
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly many of us are able to resist temptation after only being on this program for just days. Today alone I had to go to one of my former eating places to use the ATM, 7-eleven. No problem.

The day I first heard Roger being interviewed at a local radio station, I was on my way to work and as was my custom, stopped by a 7-eleven and proceeded to the rear cooler where I picked up one of their extra long sandwiches, a chocolate covered cream filled doughnut from the bakery case and just in case I needed a little extra protine, a couple of quarter pound hot dogs smothered in imitation cheese.

My guess would be it took only ten minutes to devour my "breakfast" but only because I was driving at the time.

After the interview, I picked up my carpooler and told him what I had just heard. At lunchtime I went over to COSTCO and bought a sack of apples. I ate three of them for lunch. Remember I did not have the book yet and had not found this site until later that day.

Today at work I passed up Friday doughnuts, a catered lunch of Chinese food and an extra rich and gooey chocolate cake (was my boss's birthday).

Life is good,
Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.