Lupini Beans

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Shipoo

Re: Lupini Beans

Post by Shipoo »

Oh my I am so glad to see this post.  I have been preparing myself here in Ontario Canada to start lets do lunch and actually went looking for butter beans here.......the only thing I found was canned lupini beans.  I googled butter beans and it said they were lima beans.....I am so confused.  Can someone help me?  Are butter beans lima beans?

Also is there anyone here in Ontario Canada who can tell me where to buy the corn thins?

Thanks all for your wisdom and postings!
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Hi and welcome Shipoo. I find my corn thins at our local health food store. They are by the rice cakes and such. Also, I found butter beans by the canned vegetables (in Albertsons they were next to the canned corn) not by the beans (like black and kidney). :thumbsup:
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Welcome Shipoo! 

Glad to have you aboard - couldn't resist  :D

I believe in the FAQs there is a topic on Corn this and where you may purchase them. There are several all through the discussion groups or where people have found them and some prices as well. I just did a search on the internet and found a few places quite easily including Amazon.

I am so happy that you are joining us on LDL. You will not believe how easy it is. Hope to hear more from you about your experience.

Julie :rose:
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

I bought a case of them from Sun of Italy after I saw the first post.... I missed these since I was a kid -no chance they are here in the store..... mmmmmm - I do rinse them first cause still salty enough when you pop them outta the shell!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Happy popping - I'm jealous. Have to go find them!

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

LMSP wrote:I bought a case of them from Sun of Italy after I saw the first post....

i HAVE to find them.....i just have to think about where...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Niki,

You will not be disappointed - I promise!  :drool:

And you do not need to cook them or put them with anything else. Eat them right out of the jar!

Let me know if you find them. I would love the opinion of the reigning Been Queen !  :thumbsup:

mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Julie,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...got busy. Yes I am Italian. I sort of figure us "Italianos" know all about Lupini Beans. As a matter of fact, I was at Shaw's over the weekend and they had a huge jar of them on sale. Yep I bought 'em. I just made a chicken dish for tomorrow which I think is LDL friendly (I posted a long...message on the journal page - subject: Mama Week 4-feeling great) if you're interested. I also mentioned a recipe for lasagna rollups made w/eggplant instead of lasagna which I have to find and see if it's LDL friendly. I'll keep you posted if I find it. If I remember correctly it was pretty good and I am pretty sure if it is not all LDL friendly it is pretty close and can be adjusted. Your eggplant sounds pretty good -I'll have to give it a try!

Here in CT we're still waiting for the Farmer's Markets to open up to get local produce...still buying produce in the grocery stores. Sometimes you get a bargain sometimes not. Last week grapes were on sale for $1.59/lb. this week back up to $2.99/lb. What can you do?

Niki-I'll have to stock up on those frozen fruits come the fall/winter. I prefer fruit fresh, as I'm sure everyone does, from the market (I don't like it cold)...I'll have to get use to the frozen fruits for the winter season. LOL

Cheryl
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

julie409 wrote:Let me know if you find them. I would love the opinion of the reigning Been Queen !   :thumbsup:

haha.............
i'm definitely going to look for them..............bq :rose:
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Mama,

Thanks, I will check it out.

Niki - just follow your nose to the shop with all the cheeses hanging in the window  :drool:

I won't even go into them anymore - afraid I will cry  :stop: :'(