Is it too selfish...

Let us pray for you!
ChrissyV

Is it too selfish...

Post by ChrissyV »

....to ask if you would pray for me ?
I am having depression for over 15 yrs , i am taking medication and it looks like i am not getting out of it right now...
Maybe if you just include me sometimes in your prayers it would make a difference for me..

Thank you all  :rose:

Chrissy
isthis4me

Re: Is it too selfish...

Post by isthis4me »

:poo: askin too much, no way  *hug*
omg, I am so sorry your struggling
I too suffer depression but I also have anxiety
I also have PTSD  :blush:

I am not one to remember or want to remember to take my meds
however most days if I keep myself busy ( read entertained ) I dont have these issues as bad

are you on meds?
do you take them daily?
do you have a naturepathic doctor you can see
I dont mean to be personal but I know how this can be on a day to day basis

I will pray for you, I am also here for you to talk, listen or just share silence  :rose:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I will pray for you!  Maybe your symptoms will lesson as you are on LDL longer.  I am thinking of all the naturally healthy food, fruits, veggies, etc.  Its never too selfish to reach out to others when in need of prayer so, hang in there, we got you covered!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hi Trish and Kathie,

thank you soo much..

"I am not one to remember or want to remember to take my meds" <-- lol..that sounded like me...
I forgot to take them on a regular basis till the distance between good and bad times got very short.

wow Trish...when they gave away some problems you were screeming " all to me", huh ???
I guess you are the same way i am...always there for others and totally forget about yourself...

I am really thankful that i found you lovely people here on LDL

Chrissy
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

It's never selfish to ask for prayer !! So I am praying.

However prayer won't be enough if you don't follow your Doctor's orders (ex. take medicine). Remember, the Lord guided you to a Doctor, and The Lord bestowed wisdom on that Doctor to diagnose your issue and recommend a solution.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Chrissy, yes I got it all, well not really but  ;D

seriously tho, you gotta take your meds just like I do, altho for me, I only need to take them when I feel an episode or know Im gonna be in a situation etc, it has decreased in the last year or so so I am better

what concerns me is
and it looks like i am not getting out of it right now...
not getting out of what? taking the meds? or the depression?
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Chrissy you'll be in my prayers. Take your meds and remember the Lord will see you through this too!

Cookie
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Thank you all  *hug*

i promise that i am gonna be a good girl and take my pills regulary..
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Prayers for you are on their way! I too am a depression sufferer and take medication for it.  Also, I have to take two other medications, and because I have never been good at remembering to take pills I bought a 7-day pill holder to put my meds in.  The holder sits on my countertop where I can readily see if I have forgotten to take my meds (I still forget once in a while).  You might also want to talk to your doctor and see if maybe a different medication might be in order.

What happened to the picture of your dog, Murphy?
Last edited by VickiLynn on August 5th, 2009, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hi Vicki,

i bought a pillbox today. It's in bright red colour so i won't oversee it... :blush:

i had one with just morning, midday and night on there and i never knew if i took them or not..
Now are the days on it...

You don't like the pic from Murph in action ?

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Chrissy, it would actually be selfish not to ask for prayer, if you need it.  You want to be the best you can be to help others around you, right?  That's not selfish at all.  We will pray for you, maybe a little selfishly on our parts, because we are going to need you one day to pray for us!  :)  As far as depression goes, I know that being outside helps.  My morning walks just start the day off right.  Hearing the birds, passing people and saying, "Good morning"  or "Guten Morgen" (right?) just makes the day a little sweeter. 

Father God, I just pray right here that You would touch Chrissy and help her to know how dear she is to you.  Your plan for her life is special and this world needs Chrissy.  When she starts to feel down, send someone with a kind word to lift her up.  Surround her with Your Spirit.  Give her that deep sense of security and belonging that she needs.  Let her know that You have given her hope and a future.  In Jesus' name.  Amen!
Last edited by crickadoodle on August 7th, 2009, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Thank you all..

You really helped me alot...

Thank you ,thank you, thank you.. :rose:

Chrissy
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Chrissy,

NOt selfish at all. I agree with everyone. You have to be your best so you reach out your hand to others.

Great suggestion about the pill box. Hope the veil lifts. I KNOW LDL will help. It did for me. I used to spend the whole weekend on the couch - usually crying was the order of the day for Saturday. NO MORE!  LDL Changed that. Keep coming here for support  :angel:  and love  *love*. This is the best group of people - you included.  *hug*

Julie :rose: