Let's Do Lunch tm WHITE BEAN SOUP...YOU'LL BECOME ADDICTED!

All our yummy soup recipes!
niki

Re: Let's Do Lunch tm WHITE BEAN SOUP...YOU'LL BECOME ADDICTED!

Post by niki »

hey mary....after 3 months of eating my own homemade bean soups with tomato sauce base,i wanted something different(see how long it took)...for the most part i modify the recipes i usually make so i don't really get tired of anything....so i looked through the archives for the recipe to your white bean soup...it was delicious....thank you so much..i think i got the consistency right...it was like pureed with little pieces of the beans in it.....next,i'm going to make your israeli chick peas soup(in my pasta days,i used to make something like that and then add pasta)....then,i'll be ready to go back to my own homemade bean soups..there's just something about a big pot of homemade soup simmering for a few hours.....here in ny,we're having mild weather already,so i know that the long cooking homemade soups will have to go on hold for a while.....although now that i'm thinking about it,as i make those big pots of soups,i'm going to start freezing containers so i can eat them also through the summer without the long cooking time that'll overheat my house..boy,i really don't know what i like better...the bean soups,the fruit or the popcorn...the bean soups are such a big part of my feeling so satisfied..they're like my new comfort food replacing the old,unhealthy ones......and,i'll tell you,noone had to tell me twice once i read roger's book and saw that it was part of the ldl lifestyle................so thanks for this recipe and all the others(the next thing i plan on cooking will be eggplant)and your excellent advice and input.......niki
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

This soup is so good.  I know this is an old topic, but I just thought some of the new people who need a great soup recipe should see it.  It is in the book, but I lent mine to a friend and wanted to make it today -- so I had to dig to the bottom to find it!  I think it is the best and just so creamy, like comfort food -- but not fattening.

I did make it with dry beans (2 lbs.) that I soaked overnight with baking soda to prevent gas.  I drained and rinsed and soaked some more.    I put lots of onions in it and 2 of the boullion cubes instead of one.  Lots of Herbes de Provence (which tastes great in lots of dishes).  As I ate some, it reminded me of a creamy potato and onion soup I remember having years and years ago.  It doesn't get better than this.

What I love about Let's Do Lunch is that I'm losing weight and enjoying what I eat -- every time I eat.  It is in no way a punishment to eat the fresh fruit and creamy soups.  I want to share it with everyone I know. 
tressa
New, but learning

Post by tressa »

I can't wait to try this!!  Yum!! :thumbsup:
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

I am going to make it tonight. Thanks Mary. Eveyone have a great weekend.. :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Mary, I have been searching for recipes to try that don;t have a ton of seasonings in them and this one looks perfect. May I substitute any other beans in this recipe like cannellini?  And the recipe says White Bean soup. Are white beans and Northern beams the same thing? 

Sounds like a real winner either way!  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've made this several times and love it.  Once I made it with red kidney beans, so I'm sure you can experiment with other beans.
sval59

Post by sval59 »

For anyone that hasn't tried this yet, I highly recommend it!  I cannot believe how tasty this is.  Thank you Mary!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm just mad I waited so long to try it.

Cheryl
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

This is going to my list of favorites!!!  I will be eating this easy to make soup a lot!  :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

*woot* I know what I'm having to eat for dinner!
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

sval59

Post by sval59 »

I had just the soup for for lunch yesterday and did not want anything the rest of the day.  The soup is very filling!  You'll love it.

Cheryl
SherAnna07

Post by SherAnna07 »

I bought all the ingredients for the White Bean Soup...it looks great, however I was wondering if any water goes in it being its a soup. I didn't notice any in the ingredients.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

SherAnna07 The last part of the recipe
Remove from heat.  You want the soup to be a thick consistency with a few of the beans still remaining whole, so use a potato masher...leaving some big bean pieces. Add water for desired thickness.
so you can make it as thick or thin as you want.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

SherAnna07

Post by SherAnna07 »

Thank you Deborah and Mary! I'm going to make this soup for dinner tomorrow night.
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

I stumbled on white bean soup by accident today.  I didn't have the mashed potato recipe which I was going to make to go with my chicken, and did't have butter beans.  I used white beans and pureed them with my ninja and added chicken broth (must have added too much which made the consistency a bit thin).  So, I decided white bean soup it was.  I added a little salt and some pepper and nuked it in the microwave and it was delicious. 

Next time, I think I'll go with your recipe, and add the onion and garlic.  I bet it will be even better.
Debbie B
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Mary,

I have been having some issues with soups bc of all the additives.  Do you have a suggestion of what to add if I do not use a bouillon cube?  I have started making my own stock to make sure I know what is in it. Any seasonings I  should add or just more of what I already have in the stock- cumin, pepper, sage? I would like to try this now that I have finally figured out what  my issues are. Hopefully no new ones will crop us.

Thanks!

Julie :rose: