Shoe Size

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
bamaluvr

Shoe Size

Post by bamaluvr »

Its so funny to me.......I have lost a whole shoe size. Something I never expected to happen. I have been so gratefull for the pounds and inches lost; but a shoe size (COOL) I will take the loss and be happy. There is no end to the benefits this woe gives us.  :thumbsup: Thank You GOD and Roger for this great gift.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Shoe Size

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I noticed that I gained a 1/2 - 1 shoe size from gaining weight, so I guess this makes sense.  Maybe I'll get back to a size 8, instead of an 8 1/2 or 9.  That'll be great.  I know my heel pain is gone. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I see a shopping spree coming on....new shoes...hey, have to have the new purses to go with the new shoes, too... :D

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I'm going to wear my clothes loose before shopping again.  I'll probably buy a pair of jeans to fit as I go down.  When I get to the goal, then I'll have to shop.  I've never enjoyed shopping much, but once before when I was thinner, it was so much easier and not dreadful.  It'll be fun to be able to easily fit in what I try on. 

Oh, but shoes, I'll be able to get new shoes too.  I'm realizing that I could only wear tennis shoes and these new sandals I found that my heel didn't hurt quite as much in.  With my heel "healing," I'll be able to wear different kinds of shoes again!  And when you get involved in LDL you think all you are going to do is lose weight.  So much more!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

crickadoodle,

I hear you. I usually work in a pair of shorts and one of my father-in-law's company t-shirts.

I told him that I should get paid for wearing them because I feel like a walking billboard sometimes. It's a plumbing and wiring company. I had a woman actually walk up to me one day in the grocery store and ask me I could explain to her how to change a washer in her faucet. Of course, I told her "no" but if she called the number on my shirt that someone would be able to help her. I didn't want to tell her to just go to one of Home Depot's demonstrations. My father-in-law would have a had a fit.

Anyway, the money that I'd make would pay for my new clothes, shoes, purses, vita-mix, etc... :laughing:

The other alternative according to my husband is for us to move into one of the nudist colonies (I wouldn't have to buy clothes) down the street from us. There are three of them. I don't think so. :wrong: Just the thought of seeing all those nude bodies makes me ill :sick:

CQ
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

I have also noticed that my shoes fit looser....one new pair was a little snug and now it fits perfect and other are getting too big.....

Gotta  *love*  *love*  *love* this WOE!

Cookie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OK, I have mixed feelings about this. I would love to be able to wear all my boots again this winter. I should be able to zip them up by then. But that would also mean that some of the cute shoes I have now will not fit. That sorta stinks.  :thumbdown:

I also went closet shopping today and I have like 6 pairs of pants that fit me that didn't fit before  :shock:  I had been buying clothing over the years especially every time I started a new diet. I would be so filled with hope in the first week and would buy something that didn't fit yet as incentive. And they never fit before, the pile just kept getting bigger. NOW I can wear them all. I don;t feel guilty anymore!  Yeah!  ALso have a few dresses on deck. It is really getting exciting isn't it?  :shock:

I have a stack of clothes that are too loose on me now. I am giving some to my daughter. I am hoping that it will prompt her to ask what I am doing. I am down 33 lbs and she hasn't noticed. Maybe she is waiting to see if I continue.  :thumbsup:  And I am going all the way ----

Julie :rose:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Julie,

I'm going to give you the same advice that my oldest son gave me, keep doing what you do and everyone will eventually notice. Not everyone at first but over time they will all notice and ask, "how did you do it?" My youngest son is very thin and doesn't have a weight problem but he eats nothing but junk. My oldest son is very health conscience at the tender age of 24 (I sometimes wish I could go back and hold him when he was just a little thing, sorry, reminiscing here) but very intelligent for his age obviously. He thinks that eventually his brother will come around when he realizes how much it's helped me.

In your case, it's a daughter who has an overweight problem. In my case, it's a son who just doesn't eat healthy, period. Maybe after they see how much it's helped us they will get on board the train to skinnytown. But, if there's one thing that I've learned while being a mother is, "DON'T PUSH!"

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on August 21st, 2009, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

CodingQueen wrote:But, if there's one thing that I've learned while being a mother is, "DON'T PUSH!"
CQ 

Thank you CQ, and YES, I agree completely. Patience is not my long suit and I am so excited about this, it is difficult not to share it. Anyway, that's what I am doing --- I am waiting for her to ask me so she will be ready hopefully to engage. I know it will start to bug her if she is taking my clothes and she can't get into them. I keep telling myself that nobody came up to me when I was gaining weight and said "So what are you doing?  You look terrible! How much weight did you gain?"  :shock:  :laughing:  so why should they come up to me now? It will come - I know it.

*hug* *hug* *hug*

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

julie,

Believe me, I know it's hard not to do...we love them so much and want the best for them.

But, what is that old saying? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink?

CQ
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Crickadoodle,  I hope you do get back to your old shoe size. This woe just keeps amazing me at the benefits we get from keeping on. Glad your heal pain is gone. I had to go clothes shopping I didn't save any of the old sizes. I had given up on myself ever loosing this weight. Yeah you should get paid for wearing the T-shirts.

CodingQueen,  I'm very lucky. My sister is the size I need now so a visit to her place is in order. :)  You are right about not rushing your kids.

Heretotheend, glad your shoes are fitting better. (feels great) I love these mile stones we are all hitting.

Julie, the whole thing of wearing smaller sizes in anything is really getting exciting.  And one day SOON you are gonna shine so bright that strangers will stop you on the street and ask what your doing. You will have your day and it will last a lifetime.

Have a great weekend everyone.

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie, it is so amusing to read your posts.  :laughing:  I love it, closet shopping.  I had bought a pair of capris right before I found LDL and was feeling I was never going to lose the weight.  I bought this large size I was in and hating that I was in it -- so I felt I was coming to terms with it.  Then the things didn't fit.  Talk about depressing.  I was going to return them -- had gotten them online from JC Penneys, but was going to bring them in to the store.  Just never did it.  The other day I tried them on and they fit.  They could look a little better, so I didn't wear them yet, but I probably could wear them now.  I need to go closet shopping too.  I know there are clothes in there that would fit again.  Not working outside of the home right now, I kinda just wear my jeans and casual tops.  I know I can get rid of that dreaded size I never wanted to be.  That is exciting too.  I will never be that size again, because I found what works in LDL.  As I lose the weight, it is gone forever.

Bamaluvr -- thanks for the encouragement.  I guess you are a Crimson Tide lover, right?  Hey, I'm an LSU tiger lover.  I grew up on Tiger football.  I went to a game once in Tuscaloosa about 8 years ago.  It was fun and everyone was very nice to us.  Last year for my birthday, my husband surprised me by taking me to the LSU - Auburn game.  It was very exciting.  Great game, pretty bad season, though. 
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Crickadoodle hey........Yes I'm a bama fan. Good or bad season  :) You just made me realize something.....This year I will be able to attend ballgames. I will be able to walk and stand and sit just like everyone else.  :thumbsup:  Thanks Crickadoodle for that. I'm having to get use to the idea that I can go places and do things now...funny I know,  but when you have been down for years it takes getting use to.

How great that you can find something from the past and it fit now.

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

That is so exciting for you, I know.  All the new doors that are open again to us as we get rid of what's been hindering us from really living.  You keep to the plan and you'll have success beyond what you thought possible.

I've was born a Tiger fan.  Actually, I was born the year the Tigers won their first National Championship -- 1958 -- on game day -- Rice vs. LSU.  The doctor told my parents, "You won't be going to the Rice game."  It was an out of town game and they were supposed to go.  I was born on Sept. 20th.  Well, I married late in life -- age 44.  For years I joked, the year I get married, the Tigers are going to win the National Championship again.  Funny thing, I got married in 2003, and do you remember who the National Champs were that year????  Yep, those Tigers.  My first toy I remember was a little rubber doll that you could squeeze and it would make a noise.  It was a little LSU football player.  We had season tickets when I was a kid for my sister and myself.  My parents had tickets since the early 1950s.  We actually still have those seats -- 25 yd. line, now in my name.  This year we're letting someone else use them, as I'm taking care of my mom and the fees are a little steep for us.  They are still in my name, though.  Maybe next year.  We'll get to watch from home and not have to be in that after game traffic.  I think we'll enjoy it.  Sometimes it just takes up a whole day to get there, park, wait for the game, and then go out of the parking lot.  My brother lives in B'Ham and there are lots of Bama fans there, of course. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Lydia,

Your post brought tears to my eyes. Just thinking about you being able to enjoy the little pleasures in life again is such a great blessing. I am so so happy for you!  I wish I could come and hug you in person.  *hug*  In fact, I wish I could hug all of you guys in person but cyberhugs will have to do. This little exchange between us has been such fun!

Doodle bug!  How wonderful to put that piece of clothing on and have it fit!  *hug*  Once again it is the little things that mean more than all the big things that people worry about every day. Life is so simple now. We have focused within to affect a change and the change is at the core level.

CQ, Thank you so much for all your encouragement and support and also for all the knowledge you bring to us. I KNOW that you will serve as an inspiration to your son. Eventually he will do a turn around.  *hug*

XOXO,
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I haven't gone to a college game in years so I have no idea what the traffic is like now but I can imagine. Thinking about it now makes me feel old....all the things we use to do before the game, the pranks we use to pull, etc.

I do know that you're better off staying home if you want to watch a Bucs game. The traffic in Tampa is a nighmare. I've only made that mistake once.

CQ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Your Welcome! I enjoy helping people learn as much as they can to help keep themselves healthy.

CQ
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello Mary, Yes bamaluvr is because I live in Alabama and a fan of Alabama football.
  I was thanking Crickadoodle for helping me to realize I could now attend a football game. Now that I feel so much better. There are times I forget I can do things again.

CodingQueen, I think I would really enjoy the traffic to and from the game. I have had to miss so many over the years. I have been enjoying driving myself back and forth to the grocery store and other stops. I have to remember I can go long distance driving again.

bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Julie, cyberhugs are great and who knows maybe one day I can get one in person. Thanks for thinking of us. Our chats means so very much to me also.  *hug* Thanks and have a good nite and a great Sunday.
Last edited by bamaluvr on August 23rd, 2009, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.