I'm on my way

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
hopefull

I'm on my way

Post by hopefull »

I am new to the forums. I have been doing LDL since June 20th. Initially I was so very sckeptical. In fact I only looked at the article and book because a co-worker of mine was "doing the diet" and so thrilled with her weight loss that she kept insisting that I read the book. Reluctantly at first and then with hope I not only read the book but started eating the LDL way.
I have to say right along with the rest of you.WOW! When I started LDL I weighed 193. After 6 weeks I am now 182# I have not weighed this week but feel great and enjoy eating this way so much I think I am here to stay!

I have never been very successful at loosing weight. I just don't do hunger at all. It took me 18 monthes to loose 44#s on the Atkins diet and then (even while severily restricting my carbs) I began to gain weight. Of course from there I soared to 215#s.

I am going on a trip in a couple of days and plan on sticking to this WOE as closely as possible.
I am a nurse and have studied nutrition extensively. this is one of the healthiest diets and way of eating there is. No wonder people feel so good on it. I still do not quite understand how we can eat all we want and still loose weight! But am sure loving that part.

Glad you all are here for me to share with and truly enjoy everyones sharing.
Thanks
MusicManiac

Re: I'm on my way

Post by MusicManiac »

Welcome aboard!  I'm glad you're loving this as much as I am!!!  I believe in eating healthy, but it has never helped me lose weight.  I was skeptical, too.  I only had to make a few changes to the way I was eating, so I didn't hold much hope.  But, I have lost 16 pounds in the past 9 weeks and I'm thrilled!

Keep the faith,
Marga
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome to a new way of eating and to an encouraging group.  You have done so well.  Enjoy your vacation without depriving yourself.  Take a bag of soy nuts and yellow raisins.  Great to snack on in a pinch.  Remember to use common sense.  Our granddaughter is a nurse and is overweight.  I am giving her a book--Can't turn loose of mine.  She was with us yesterday for our Labor Day splash and she talked about how tired she was.  She is so beautiful, but at least 75 lbs too heavy.  My daughter and I want to tell her, but her Mom doesn't seem to encourage a weight change.  Please pray that my granddaughter will be receptive to LDL.  I too have tried many other diets and have lost weight; however, this is the first time that I am eating what I like and I'm never hungry, and best of all, loosing weight. I'll keep you in my prayers and please keep me in yours, Forever Friend
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Hopeful, welcome to this WOE!........sounds like you are off to a great start........ if you don't already have a book you need to have one so you can keep reading and making sure you are doing everything right......I use my book every few days and it has kept me from making some mistakes...be sure to eat alot of beans and corn ( I think, at least for me, that they are the key to success on LDL )........Skinnytown will get closer and closer...

Cookie
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

:thumbsup: Way to go Hopeful! Every time we read someone else' success it becomes part of our own! We are surrounding ourselves with the success... and building each other up, could there BE a better way?! Keep it up!
Tiffany (aka Sweetpea)
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thank you all for all your encouraging words. I got back from my trip. I have to say I am thrilled with how easy it was to keep close to my eating program. I really hate to call it a diet as it really truly is a woe. More like occasionally eating off program. Anyway, got safely home at 1015 pm and had to be at work by Midnight. I spent the day traveling back doing the fruit and soup flush. Haven't weighed myself yet so don't know if I lost gained or stayed the same but will let you know. :rose:
I too, have been eager to share with about anyone who might be interested. In fact my coworker that I relieved tonight conplained of being overweight, tired and was developing Hypertension. I suggested the diet to her and she seems quite interested. I am truly thrilled to find a WOE that is healthy as well as works. Did I already say that?  ;D yeah I did, but guess it is still a marvel to me.
Thanks so much,
Bobbi
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I'm really jazzed! I did not gain any weight while I was gone!!! Yeah! Now hopefully, I'll start loosing again.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I am 178#s now! That's down 15#!!!!Woohoo! Yeah!. I know am not suppose to weigh but once a month. I am trying to do that but have had just such rotten luch with diets I feel like I need the constant asurance that I am not  going to just gain weight on yet another diet failure. I am gaining confidence with this WOE every day. Am so glad to stick with it for the health benefits if for no other reason!
I am a bit uncertain as to where to set my goal????? Lowest weight I have been in a long time is 173# but that is 30#s higher than high school weight. Anyone know how to determine what goal weight should be?
Thanks for all the encouragement!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hi hope;

I had no idea what a gaol weight for me should be either.
I knew I had to lose at least 100# so for now that is my goal.
But I have heard several people here have gotten to where they thought they needed to be and they kept losing.Then after a time the weight-loss just leveled out...
So I figure now that I won't worry about it. I'll keep eating this great food and I'll get to a weight I need to be.
I have lost 64# so far.

NJ
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Wow EnJae, that's great!  What a good attitude. 
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

EnJae wrote:So I figure now that I won't worry about it. I'll keep eating this great food and I'll get to a weight I need to be.
I have lost 64# so far.
Words of wisdom NJ!  You continue to do so good.

Congratulations hopefull on your 15 lb weight loss!!! :thumbsup:

I first chose which decade I wanted to be in...130 to 139 for my height and frame.  So my goal was 139 until I saw a chart that showed a range I should be in and that highest number was 138.  So that's my goal now.
Like NJ, I believe since this is not a diet but a super way of eating for life, my body will get to the weight that God intended for me.
mrsj

Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome
LDL really ROCKS  This is the only program that I have ever been able to stay on and continue to lose without being hungry.  I think that is the key secret not ever being hungry.  I set my goal high not as low as it could be so when I make the first level I will be excited with each additional pound until my body finds a maintaining weight.  I will always eat this way.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks so much for all who shared  how you set your goals. I guess I will set my first goal at 173# then when I get below that will set it at 154#. And then---- well guess--- I will just let this WOE lead me to the weight I am meant to be. I am finally having enough cofindence in this WOE to not weigh myself every day. It's hard to trust when so many other eating plans have failed. But you are all helping me have confidence. Thanks so much!
Bobbi
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Hopeful, I am older, yet for health reasons, I want to get much lower in weight.  I think I'll follow the advice of all the people who have spoken on weight and goals.  Just follow LDL guidelines and allow God to set my goal.  I started back to exercise, and for three weeks, my scales didn't move down, but my clothes are much too big.  Now, I've started to lose again in weight.  Strange.  Keep up the losing, I wish I had discovered LDL a long time ago.  I love the foods and I am so satisfied.  I  also like all the encouragement from the board.  Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I've lost 17#'s now!!!!! Wow LDL rocks! 176#! I am really excited! Thanks for the input Joyful Friend! I guess I seem to dong just what you suggested. Letting nature tell me where I need to be weight wise.
I am going on vacation here next week and will be gone for about 10 days. I plan to stick with LDL while gone but know there will be some challenges. I am thinking to make sure I have fruit no matter where I am.
the trip is to be with my Folks for my Dad's birthday. He turned 85! I am already stategizing as to what to do at the "cake and pizza party"...LOL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobbi
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hopefull,

17 lbs is fabulous!  :thumbsup:  Your family will be so happy when they see how healthy you are looking!  Congratulations.

Yes, I do have a suggestion and I have said in another post that Savannah's Gingerbread Brownies will become the official Birthday cake for LDL.

Take a look at the Recipe section for it. I have made it twice already. It is really yummy with a little Polaner (I used Raspberry) and some SF cool whip.  :drool:  I am going to try to make a two layer version with the polaner in the middle and see how it goes.

Have a great time and KNOW that you can do this even through celebrations and vacations.

Have fun!
Julie :rose:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks Julie for your encouragement! I believe I can do this also. I have tried the brownies but think I over cooked them. They weren't so great. Maybe I missed something in the recipe. (that has happened before oops) but what a great suggestion. What is Polaner? have not heard of it.
I am finally making myself stay off of the scales. I want this to be a way of eating not just to loose weight because I do know it is the healthiest way I could ever eat.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I am realizing that LDL is more about a way of eating. Duh! I knew that. but really I have been doing this woe to loose weight. I am trying to change my attitude to eating this way for my health and knowing it is the healthiest way to eat!
Just a comment on Stretching. I find myself really enjoying stretching! have any of the rest of you found that? It just feels so great to me that I am doing it all the time. Know it is good for me. helps those muscles get rid of the fat tehe *woot*
I tried on a couple of dresses yesterday that I have not been able to wear in 8 years. In fact one I never wore as it was one my sister had gotten for me when I had lost weight with the Atkins diet and by the time she gave it to me I was already too heavy to wear it. :wrong: Anyway now I can wear it and it really looks good on me. It's a medium. I've been wearing large and xl. So a big woohoo on that.
I have been working (I work the night shift 6p-6a) and still busy getting ready for my trip to Colorado later this week. Still have some concerns about staying on program while gone but really truly believe I can do this.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I forgot to share that while I was in Wyoming at the Complimentary med Retreat I went horse back riding. In order to do that I had to fill out a questionaire  that asked me how much I weighed. At the time it seemed so cool to put 182#'s and know I wasn't lying! now I weigh 175#! WOW! This WOE is soooooo cool!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Hopefull, Great for you and great for the horse.  I had to list my correct weight for a helicopter ride, and now it wouldn't bother me to tell my weight.  Just a satisfying WOE.  I have made so many great new recipes from the boards, and I just keep going down in size and lbs.  Joyful Friend