Vinegar Could Help in Losing Weight

Get innovations here.
t-rock
Master Member

Re: Vinegar Could Help in Losing Weight

Post by t-rock »

Hi Roger:

Good food for thought.  I know a lot of people who are either body builders or fitness experts who swear by organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar.  My mom used to swear by it too.  I use it in "faux french potato salad" , made with butter beans, mixed with a little grainy dijon, chives, parsley and a hint of olive oil.    Additional information below:

Apple Cider Vinegar
In all likelihood, you have a bottle of sparkling clear apple cider vinegar in your kitchen. Most probably you have also heard of all the health benefits of this wonder vinegar . You use it for marinating the meat, chicken and fish. Almost all the salads that you make contain apple cider vinegar. You make a conscious effort to put in a little extra every time, so as to gain from all its good healing properties. If you are using apple cider vinegar that is clear and sparkling, the news is not very good. This apple cider vinegar does not contain all the health benefits that you have heard of.

The Real Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar that contains all of the health benefits is not a clear vinegar, but just the opposite. It is an organic and unfiltered vinegar . It is not a clear liquid, but has got a brownish tinge to it. If you try looking through it, you will notice a tiny cobweb-like substance floating in it. This is known as "mother", and means just one thing. This apple cider vinegar is of good quality with all the nutrients and health giving properties intact.

Just think. Would you buy a vinegar from the supermarket that is not clear, has got a brown tinge to it, and most of all you find something floating in it. In all likelihood you will not buy this. This is the prime reason why manufacturers distil the vinegar. The pure vinegar is steamed to get the sparking clear vinegar that is available at the supermarket. This steaming process destroys almost all of the health giving nutrients. What it does do is give the vinegar an excellent eye appeal.

Health benefits
There surely must be something really healthy in using apple cider vinegar, since The Father of Medicine, Hippocrates, used this vinegar around 400 B.C. for its health giving qualities. It is said that he had only two remedies: honey and apple cider vinegar.

Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and undergo a stringent process to create the final product. The vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.

Pectin in the vinegar is a fiber which helps reduce bad cholesterol and helps in regulating blood pressure. The need for calcium supplements once you start growing older is very well known. This vinegar helps extract calcium from the fruits, vegetables and meat it is mixed with, helping in the process of maintaining strong bones. Potassium deficiency causes a variety of ailments including hair loss, weak finger nails, brittle teeth, sinusitis, and a permanently running nose. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with potassium. Studies have shown that potassium deficiency results in stunted growth. All these ailments can be avoided with the intake of apple cider vinegar. The potassium in this vinegar also helps in eliminating toxic waste from the body. The beta-carotene helps in countering damage caused by free radicals, helping one maintain firmer skin and a youthful appearance. Apple cider vinegar is good for those wanting to lose weight. It helps in breaking down fat which helps in natural weight reduction.

Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which is very helpful in fighting fungal and bacterial infections. This acid dissolves uric acid deposits that form around joints, helping relieve joint pains. This dissolved uric acid is gradually eliminated from the body.

It is claimed that apple cider vinegar is helpful in ailments such as constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, along with a host of many other ailments. No wonder then many know apple cider vinegar as the "Wonder Drug".

Different ways of consumption
Please make sure that you use only the natural, organic variety of apple cider vinegar; the sparkling clear variety will have practically no health benefits.

Many call apple cider vinegar the Wonder Drug . Propagators of this wonder drug claim that the best way to have the vinegar is first thing in the morning. Mix two tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water and drink it. This solution may taste slightly acidic, and may not seem to be the best way to start your morning, but once you know of the immense benefits that follow, it will not feel all that bad. Many find that following this routine first thing in the morning helps in eliminating constipation, which is one of the prime causes of many diseases. Constipation is also sometimes the cause of headaches - leading to a bad mood, deprived sleep, and a lethargic feeling the whole day. Once the constipation problem is solved, all the other symptoms vanish immediately, making you fresher and extremely active whole day long. Following this morning regime helps minor skin rashes vanish and the skin texture too improves, leaving you radiant and glowing naturally.

You can also enjoy the benefits of this wonder vinegar in many other ways. Use apple cider vinegar while preparing salads. Substitute the oil that is poured over a salad with this vinegar. Not only will the salad have a tangier taste, it will be much healthier too. Use this vinegar to pickle an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Marinating beef, pork, lamb, fish and a variety of meats is almost a daily process for meat eaters. Make apple cider vinegar the prime ingredient in the marinade with an assortment of herbs and spices. This marinade will not only help in flavoring and tenderizing the meat, but it also comes with all the health benefits that have already been mentioned.

Having that chilled glass of lemon juice can be substituted with a couple tablespoons apple cider vinegar and water. Some prefer the taste as is. If the taste is too acidic for you, add honey to give it the sweet tinge. Adding honey will only improve the health benefits.

Natural or Processed?
So, after reading this article, what will your next bottle of apple cider vinegar be? Will it be the sparkling clear, eye-pleasing, nutrition-less apple cider vinegar; or will it be the organic, unfiltered, "mother" laced, nutrition filled, healthful apple cider vinegar?
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Great Post, t-rock, :thumbsup:

You must be a follower of Doctors Paul and Patricia Bragg as well. I have all their books and I've found that the one regarding Organic Apple Cider Vinegar the most helpful.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome of my right hand. I use a keypad to do my work and, of course, I had overused it. The doctor wanted to do surgery but I wanted to find another way to deal with it. That's when one of the naturopathic physicians gave me the book.

I started drinking the organic apple cider vinegar in eight ounces of water before each meal. I no longer have the pain in my right hand and it even got rid of my acid reflux.

Of course, now I understand why....it's helping to put the body into an alkaline state.

CQ
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

This is such great info. Thanks all. I will put this info to work.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Thanks Roger and all who gave info.
      I find this info very interesting. I do use Braggs vinegar for no particular reason. Now I know why besides it tastes good. Thanks again
                                    Judie

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you for the wonderful information and encouragement to use apple cider vinegar!!  :thumbsup: My Dad was such a healthy man for his age and for 32 years he drank a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey. He graduated to Heaven 2 years ago at 92 but was active, gardening and driving his car almost to the time he died. He was such a wonderful example, not only spiritually but also always walking, and eating healthy.  I myself was taking organic apple cider every day and I think I should start again especially since I have some of the ailments it has been said to help. :) I needed this push! Thanks again! :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I have a big bottle of this type of vinegar and use it on salads, but I haven't been eating salads much -- more into soups.  I'm going to start taking it each day -- but I don't want to use the honey.  I hope that is OK. 

Bethann, sounds like your dad was a jewel!  He also sounds like he set a good example for you to follow in many ways. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

crickadoodle,

The apple cider drink in the Bragg's book calls for honey. I don't use it because I've never been a big fan of sweets. I do add cayenne pepper to it, though. It helps with circulation and increases the metabolism as well.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on September 27th, 2009, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thanks Crickadoodle! I sure miss my Dad (but so thankful that we had him in our lives!)

Dad drank his Apple Cider with honey and water. I use Stevia and water and have tried hot water also. I wish there was a more pleasant way to take it though.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

snowbirdie wrote:Thanks Roger and all who gave info.
      I find this info very interesting. I do use Braggs vinegar for no particular reason. Now I know why besides it tastes good. Thanks again
                                    Judie

Judie - Where ya been lady?  I've been praying for you.  Please stop by my journal.  Love you!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I took mine this morning -- 2 T in a glass of water.  It isn't that bad and only lasts a moment anyway.  I'm going to try it for a few weeks and see if I notice a change anywhere. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks for the info.  I use it a lot for beets, salad dressings.  Now, I will drink it without the honey.  Bethann, your dad left you such a nice legacy.  God bless, Joyful Friend
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you Joyful Friend! I love your name!  :rose: God bless you, also!

I tried apple Cider Vinegar with my Organic Hibiscus Lime Yerba Mate Herbal Tea and Stevia and I enjoyed that so I will try that for awhile. I'd like to learn how to use it in my cooking and salad dressing. What is this about beets and Cider Vinegar?
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Bethann, I buy the most inexpensive canned beats that I can find.  I put them in a pan, Do not drain.  Add 1/2 cup of vinegar and a couple T of Splenda.  Bring to a boil.  Then let cool.  Refrig and enjoy.  I like them warm and cold.  My hubby loves them.  When a child, my mom canned beets.  They are easily grown; however, we don't have a farmer's market or I would fix them from scratch.  Aldis grocery have them reasonably priced.  I like Kroger's brand as well.  Whole small beets are so delicious.  Joyful Friend  I also make my own dressings, however, I usually do it without a recipe.  My mother always made her own dressings for wilted lettuce, head lettuce, Cole slaw.  My girlfriends loved to eat at our home.  No wonder we had no weight problems when growing up-We ate like crazy- good foods and plenty of them. She used real sugar, I use Splenda.  Thanks, Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, I forgot to say, last year at the Christian school I taught at, the science teacher told the high school kids about how apple cider vinegar could help you lose weight.  Several of the kids starting taking 2 tablespoons before each meal.  One senior boy lost a lot of weight.  They were using the kind with the "mother" in it, like we're talking about here.  I had bought some at that time, but didn't faithfully use it, so I didn't know if it really worked for me or not. 
yourdish

Apple Cider cures and thanks to Roger

Post by yourdish »

Funny you should mention Apple Cider Vinegar...I've used it with great success to lower my blood pressure. Drink a few teaspoons up to 2 Tablespoons in water or seltzer water, using a straw, after meals.

I've heard anecdotal evidence that it can cure athlete's foot.(topical application or dab it on with cotton ball...) Evidently it really works.

They say it can help the stomach acids do their work better.

I love these natural remedies, as they seem sent by our Maker.

p.s. went to the doctor today for routine check up: he was happy that in six months my weight's down, blood pressure is normal, good blood work. What he doesn't fully realize is that I haven't had good blood pressure in a doctor's office for over a decade. Thank you Roger!! Thanks LDL

Meg
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all,
      Regarding the pickled beets. We too make them in the Pennsylvania Dutch-Amish way.  We add thinly sliced onion and about 2 tsp. of whole cloves. More or less to your taste.Then we put hard cooked eggs in the jar with the flavoured beets. Don't serve till next day. The eggs turn a beautiful purple beet color and taste really great. I like them plain or in a salad. i always use a gallon jar so as to have enough room for the eggs. Hope you all enjoy.
                        Judie
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've been using the ACV faithfully since Sunday.  I plan to continue with it, as it is so easy.  Any advantage on losing weight and being healthier is a great thing. 
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Thanks Joyful Friend and Judie for the beet ideas.  They sound good.

Yourdish!!!  Really?  You haven't had a good blood pressure reading in over 10 years?......until now!  Woohoo!!!
Congratulations on your excellent check up at the doctor's.

As to the apple cider vinegar info: Thanks Roger and Tiss for the heads up on this!  I see I need to buy the right kind.
mrsj 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Mrs. J -- love your new picture!  I'm such a non techie type.  I'll probably never post a picture of myself.  I'll let you see me in person in San Antonio, hopefully!  :D