balsamic vinegar & playing w/ recipes

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
malmq

balsamic vinegar & playing w/ recipes

Post by malmq »

I'm a newcomer and am having soooo much fun trying these great food recipes and playing w/ the menus. 

I always have balsamic vinegar/extra virgin olive oil on my salads. The more aged the balsamic vinegar is the better it seems to be- for me anyway.  Plus there are so many flavors to try.  I add a small amount of dejon mustard, to keep the vinegar & oil from separating, and add chopped green onions.    I added some popcorn for my "croutons'' and the balsamic vinegar dressing coated the popcorn so it "almost" made it like a carmel corn effect.  Really yummy!  PLEASE tell me this dressing is OK!!!

I am making a meatloaf right now in which I shredded carrots & zucchini, chopped onions, mushrooms, turkey, ground sirloin, liquid smoke, and a small amount of ketchup.    I used the zucchini instead of eggs thinking that the moisture from it would replace the eggs.    I'll keep you posted on the flavor and how it all comes together but it sure smells awesome!!!!  Can't wait to taste it :-)

I also bought roasted soy nuts, one bag salted, one bag w/ no salt and mixed the two together w/ raisins.    Perfect snack w/ the salt, sweet, and crunch all in one handful....

I can't wait to share this program w/ my friends and when seeing my family at Thanksgiving they will notice my weight loss.....  perfect open door to share this book and all its benefits.

excited in WI......  Mo
Clown Lady
Master Member

Re: balsamic vinegar & playing w/ recipes

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on board the Train to Skinnytown
The dressing I think is okay.  Your meatloaf also looks good.  Watch the katchup as it has sugar added to it.  There is one that is low sugar.  As for the soy nuts.  go easy on them.  They will still make you want the real thing.  After you are into the program you will find no need for the snacks.  It is just a habit.  Remember if hungry eat LDL approved foods.  It doesn't take long to lose the cravings. 
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
malmq

Post by malmq »

I guess the soy nuts are just a little different than eating popcorn as much.     I don't want to get tired of popcorn as I'm just starting the program.   Thanks on the control advice tho'.   It doesn't take much to satisfy that crunchy urge.

I did use very little ketchup on the top just for the good ole' meatloaf flavor.   I read that condiments were ok in moderation......

Oh, and the meatloaf??  EXCELLENT if I do say so myself :-)

Mo
Last edited by malmq on November 8th, 2009, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hey Mo. Welcome to LDL. Glad to see your post. sounds like you are very creative cook. I hope you will share some of your recipies in the recipe section of the boards here! That meat loaf sounded wonderful! I can almost smell it cooking now. LOL ;D

Bobbi
malmq

Post by malmq »

Thanks for welcoming me aboard!    I'm excited.....  really want to get on my scale after a week to see any results but afraid that i will be discouraged :-(  so hanging in there and enjoying how I am actually feeling instead.

How do I get to the recipe section?  I would love to share what I am trying and seeing other recipes from others who have also posted theirs.

Feeling great in beautiful, fallish WI.        Which is the PERFECT place for soups and stews in this and the coming of winter.      I love these four seasons :-)
malmq

Post by malmq »

I figured out how to get to the recipe section......  And boy and I glad I did !!!!    Exciting for tons of recipes to use and not get "bored" w/ only a few.
redkat

Post by redkat »

Malmq,

Welcome to LDL.  Hopeful was right about you being creative.  I can follow a recipe for just about anything, but lack that creativity to come up with my own.

I will be looking for your posts in the recipe section.
Kathy
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Malmq:

Sounds like you have a great recipe.  I make a similar one, but instead of balsamic, I use fresh squeezed lemon juice with the dijon, a clove of garlic, parsley, and extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper.  In case you ever want to shake it up.  I love those well aged balsamics from Modena, but they are so pricey I hide them and save them for special occasions.

Enjoy!