TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Deborah D.
Master Member

TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Post by Deborah D. »

OK Julie409, O2BTHIN and Sicilian Mama here is the topic about taking off 100 or more pounds and as we all have OR had that much or more to lose and wanted a place where we could help each other I am starting it here....and anyone that has at least 100 or more lbs to lose feel free to join us here...and some of you that have lost 100 pounds or more please jump in with advice and encouragement....

The ones on this group will be taking it 1 pound at a time because SLOW & STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!

Starting out I am Deborah D. I live in Burleson TX, and I started LDL on Sept 8, 2009.  my starting weight was 270 lbs...Need to lose a total of 145 lbs.  In the 3 months I have been on LDL I have lost 36 lbs and 8" inches (all over). My weight as of Dec 8th is 243 lbs...

Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on January 12th, 2010, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: TAKING OFF 100 OR MORE POUNDS 1 LB at a time!!!!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Okay.  I'm Pam T. from Maumee, Ohio near Toledo.  Last Christmas I weighed 268 pounds, my highest ever weight.  This Monday I weighed 216 pounds, down from the 261 I weighed when I started LDL on May 25th.  The math is 52 # total and 45 # discarded in the 6 1/2 months I have been loyal to this WOE!  I am so happy with my results.  I started out wearing 24s and 26s.  2X or 3X.  I am now firmly into XL and size 18.  I have lost 8" from my hips (the only measurement I took as it was a real big (pun intended) problem area *lipssealed*!  When I have lost another 12# I will be in the "overweight" not "obese" range of BMI.  I set my goal at 160 so it was 101#.  I may go lower.  The least I have ever weighed since I passed it as an early teenager was 151.  Maybe I'll try that on for size :blush:.  One of the things here that has helped me feel so accepted has been that others here had/have as much to lose as I do.  It made it all seem so much more do-able.  This will be a wonderful thread in which to garner support, share struggles and victories, and share with other similarly sized members.  The Hundred Pound Club!
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Hay Pam Welcome to The Hundred Pound Club!  I hope you don't mind if I steal the name from you.... *evil*  I think that would be a great name for us..

I do have a question, why does your ticker say 39 lbs lost if you have lost 52?  I think you should fix that ticker girl....

Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on December 9th, 2009, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I love all the support on this site.  This will be just that much more help for us who have so much to lose.  There are days that it looks impossible that I could finally go down and not up.  Yet I am seeing the scales moving in the right direction so Praise God!

I am Wendy B and I am from Hamilton, Montana close to Missoula.  I started on November 4, 2009 and as of December 5, 2009 I have lost 20 lbs.
I started this program weighing 360 and I am now 340.  My goal is to get down to 160 lbs since I am 5'11"  tall so I have exactly 200 lbs to lose.
This program has been a lifesaver in giving me hope that there is a way to reach my goal while still here on earth.  My blood panel had come back pre diabetes and all my cholesterol levels were high.  I can't wait to have them done again in about 6 months and see how they are then.
Thanks for starting this board it will be a great help to all of us.  I can't look at the total amount I have to lose because it would be too overwhelming so I have small goals I am aiming for.  My first goal is to see 300 which I haven't seen for over a year.
Last edited by wendysgoodnews on December 9th, 2009, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lpomlove

Re: TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Post by lpomlove »

Ohhh Deborah, you are an angel sent to me, I just ask such a question the other day.  Thank you so much for thinking of this.  And I love to learn about others life, not just about this WOE only.
I am Jessica L from Avon Park Florida.  I started LDL 11/23/09.  I will get to do my 1st weigh in next Tuesday.  I have 100 lbs to lose.  I started at 250 lbs and would like to be 150 lbs.  God willing I would even take 130 lbs. lol...  This is the heaviest I have ever been,  It truly takes a toll on your body.  I never had a weight problem until I got fibromyagia in 1998 and they put me on medications that just caused me to balloon.  So thank God for LDL, and all of you.

also will add, I have been married for 25 years, have 3 boys. (23,19,&15). My oldest is married (2 years) and in college in North Caroline to become a youth ministar. My middle is an actor, writer, and directs his own musical her in Florida, My baby is homeschooled almost done with 10th grade.  I also have 2 fur baby's.
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hi y'all.  I'm Deborah D's sister Sandra, from Hockley, Tx (NW side of Houston).  My highest weight ever was 280, and I'm only 5 foot 1 - meaning I'm as round as I am tall.  A lot of overweight ladies have 'such pretty faces.'  (I know you've probably heard that phrase.)  Well, not me.  I carry all my weight in my belly and in my face & neck.  I have so many chins that ya can't tell I even HAVE a neck!  I WANT MY NECK BACK!!!

I am diabetic, hypertensive and a two-time cancer survivor.  Also have high cholesterol.  I can't tell you much about my sugar levels, because I have a needle-phobia and don't test.  I KNOW, I KNOW.  I should test, but can't and don't - only when I'm in the doctor's office and then they do it.  Talk about a nightmare...try being needle-phobic and having cancer - OUCH!  No fun.  Thankfully, I'm not on insulin. 

So, when I began LDL, I weighed 247 lbs.  Like Pam, I was wearing 2X and 3X, also 24 and 26.  I've lost 28 pounds in 3 months and have no idea what size I am now.  I took my measurements when I began, but haven't measured lately.  Haven't bought anything new yet.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs, to weigh 147 or less, to get off my meds, and I'm not putting a time limit on myself.  If it takes me a year or so, that's fine with me.  Because, I'm not just losing weight, I'm also becoming healthier...without good health you have nothing.

I began LDL without much hope of actually losing weight and keeping it off.  Name a diet, I've been there, done that, diets don't work.  I even had my stomach banded - didn't work.  I was mad at myself for even trying again, but my favorite cousin had such wonderful things to say about LDL, that I had to try one more time!  And I'm so glad I did.  Three days into the diet I began to feel better and to feel hopeful.  One month into LDL and I was totally sold.  For the first time ever, I KNOW I will lose my excess weight and keep it off.  No doubts.  My new motto is...EXPECT TO SUCCEED!

I love LDL!  Love the good company I'm keeping on these boards.  So nice to meet all of you nice people.  I am absolutely sure that Skinnytown is about to have a population explosion!!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Hay Wendy I think you will be under 300 lbs before you know it...look at the first month 20 lbs gone for ever...do that good a couple more times and your there... :thumbsup:

Lpomlove, Thank Sicilian Mama for the idea, and Julie409 for the taking off 100 lbs, 1 lb at a time, and Pam for the name 100 lb club.  I just took the suggestion and started this thread...

It takes someone who has a lot to lose, to help someone who has a lot to lose, if you know what i mean?  When you read how Roger lost 230 lbs, then you know he knows how you feel and knows what your going through, where someone who only had 20 or 30 lbs can have no idea....what its like to have to lose over 100 or 200 lbs...but thank God they found LDL, and will lose the 20 or 30 lbs or what ever they need, and WE WILL LOSE OUR 100 or 200 or 300 lbs, and be here for each other and all the ones who will be joining us on this wonderful journey.

And Sandra I think your beautiful...because I know you inside and out (so to speak). And when you reach your goal your outside will catch up with your inside.  *love* u.

(just a little news Sandra and I became GREAT AUNTS today to a little girl...Sandra will have to tell the name and weight cause I don't know yet what it is...) 
And just think Sandra by the time she is old enough to go to Astro World, we will be at our goal weight,  and knowing us we will want to spoil her, so we will end up at Astro World...I know this because at first we were just Aunts....and now we GREATS...

But we now know what not to feed her so she won't have a weight problem when she grows up.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Deborah- I love our name.  I just took your idea and glad you approve.  I have not counted the first 7# in my total because I lost them prior to LDL by skipping meals and starving.  Actually 268 was my "setpoint" for a number of years.  I dropped those 1st 15# about 50 times on every diet that came down the pike.  Like Sandra, if I read about a new diet, I was likely to try it (and fail at it)!!!  I only update my ticker on my 24th or 25th of the month weigh-ins.  I sneaked a look this week because I had introduced coconut oil last week and wanted to make sure it wasn't having a negative effect on my weight.  No, it definately isn't  :)!  Thanks so much for starting our new "club."  Julie, you may be our first goal member.  Yeah!!!  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Pam does the coconut oil help any with your weight loss?  I have been thinking about trying it and just wanted to know.  And thanks for clearing up the ticker thing..Can't wait to see your weight loss this month....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Deborah- I'll keep you posted.  I have my fingers crossed.  I had been averaging about 4# per month the last couple of months and really wasn't disappointed with a pound a week.  Microwave popcorn was really the only convenience food I was using, so I decided to see if I could still lose if I popped corn on the stove top using evco.  I can't guarantee that it worked.  I know I lost 6# in 2 weeks which is wonderful.  Maybe there is no connection and my body was just ready to discard more weight.  I'll keep you posted when I weigh Christmas eve.  I hope it stays off and (maybe) a little bit more ;)!  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

That's great Pam, if you lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks, and you have a little over 2 weeks to go then there is a good chance you could lose another 5 or 6 lbs...keep using the coconut oil during that time and see what happens.  Will keep my fingers crossed for you.  I love my popcorn and would love to try it in the EVCO.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Our new great-neice has been named Kylie.  She arrived 7 weeks early, but is 4+ pounds and doing well so far.  We are so excited about this new addition to our family because she is the first baby we've had in 30 years!!!  I'll see her for the first time tomorrow, if I'm allowed.  

Deb, AstroWorld is gone and has been for a few years.  We'll have to find somewhere else to take Kylie.  But, you're right - no junk food from us!  Fruit and popcorn for treats.  We're gonna be such GREAT great-aunts.  
Beginning weight - 247                 

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Hello all!

I'm Sandra too!  I go by the name Sicilian Mama cuz I'm full blooded Italian and super proud... I'm 41 years young and I have 200 lbs to lose... not comfortable yet with posting my starting weight... but as of tonight... I have lost  56 lbs in 5 months on this plan...

I have three sons.. 15, 13 and 10 and a great husband of 17 years. I don't know how to post my picture on here yet... but I have a blog that you can see my picture on...

www.anitalianmama.blogspot.com

My husband, Bill, has lost 40 lbs in his first two months and is now maintaining...
I always laugh when I read some of the things on these message boards... like... "I'm going to eat wrong most days so I don't lose too much weight, too quickly."  NOW WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING!!! Not wanting to lose weight too quickly... that just makes me laugh...  That's like telling water it's too wet!!!

I stick like glue to the plan, and kinda get a little bent when I read that others are eating lots of no no foods... but I keep my mouth shut... most of the time...
I am a chef, and I spit my food out when I taste anything not on plan.  I am so glad there is a 100 lb club... we will understand each other... someone that needs to lose only 10 lbs, though is still very valid and necessary, just doesn't understand what it is to need to lose a whole other person...

Thank you all for susupport.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sicilian Mama welcome to The Hundred Pound Club, this thread is because you and several others wanted a place to go to help each other that had 100 plus pounds to lose, so welcome to your baby... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  some people can have great ideas...I love reading all the different post, but I know I am going to love reading this one with all of you.  Sicilian Mama you don't have to post your starting weight now, you do that when your comfortable with it, or don't post it at all, that is total up to you.  I had already been on your blog and you have a wonderful looking family.  I loved the story about your boys getting your Mother to cook and then them serving you like you were at a restarant....

Some of the things we would like to do here is:

If you find some thing that starts your weight loss big time, after testing it out for a little while, then write about it here, so if the others want to give it a try they can (for example Pam is trying the EVCO on her popcorn, she will let us know how or if it helped when she weigh in around the 24th or 25th of this month)...

We want to stick as close to LDL as we can at all times....

And we want to encourage the others on this thread as much as we can... 

If any one has other ideas of what you would like to do on this thread...jump in and let us know.

But the main thing is eat LDL, eat until FULL of Fruits, Vegetables, beans, peas, corn....and as my sister Sandra likes to say HAPPY LDL EATING

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

THANK YOU MARGA FOR COMPRESSING AND FIXING MY PICTURE ISSUES!!!

YOU. ARE. THE. BOMB!!!!!! *love*
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Sicilian Mama
It is alright for you not to tell you beginning weight!  I almost didn't myself but decided to come clean and quit hiding what weight I had gotten up to.  Even my husband doesn't know I got so high but I figure whatever is kept hidden can only work against me so I need to bring it all out in the light and face it head on.  I did it also because I feel safe here and I can't say that about other places where you have to weigh in.  As I was putting it out there I was thinking, oh boy! I have told alot of people about this woe from family to friends and now they may know the whole truth.LOL
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sicilian Mama and everyone else, we can live without knowing each others weight....That is not why I wrote what I wrote...I am not very good at writing thing down, so I wrote what I believed would get others in the mood to open up about themselves....tell stories about there lives, things that happen in their day.... your hopes and dreams....your worries and concerns...things that can relieve the stress of everyday living.  and things that can help others get to know you better, I want each of us to be able to feel like your talking to your best friend when you write on this thread, and to know that there is someone here who can and will help us when we are feeling down.  Because there will be times when each of us will be feeling low, and will need others to help pick us up and get us back on track...

Sicilian Mama by the way LOVE your posted picture....glad you got it up so now we can see you when we talk....

And if any of you has not tried the Little Mary's Beef Potato Pie, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DO.....It is so good.  I made it for lunch today, and my husband loved it, and so did I....I will be making this one a lot.... :thumbsup:  One day soon I want to try Little Mary's Tamale Pie...

And my husband told me last night, he will start doing LDL for a while, but not pure LDL he still want to eat his breads and milk.....so some eating healthy is better then none. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Oh my gosh I hope I didn't sound like I was critizing anyone I would never mean to do that.  I was trying to just talk about myself and what it takes for me.  I wanted you and anyone else to know it was not important for you to put your amount down but it was for me.  I hope I said it better this time. 
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Wendy honey, don't worry about it.  I don't think anyone took it as criticism.  We knew you were talking about yourself. 

I've been reading the posts here and it's pretty amazing how much we all have in common besides being overweight.  There's a Pam here, and Deb and I have a sister Pam, too.  Sicilian Mama and I share a first name - plus she is a chef and back in our younger days Deb and I worked in catering (that's where we gained most of our weight).  Jessica is in Florida, and Deb and I are native Floridians.  You, I and Jessica love our fur babies! 

I bet as we get to know each other better we'll find more things in common.  We are soul sisters!  What could be better...good friends, good food and healthy weight loss!!
Beginning weight - 247                 

lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

man, had to get he tissues out reading todays.  :'( you guys are so great, and show so much love :inlove: that I am speechless. *lipssealed* What a wonderful thing to lose weight, make friends, and help others.  God is so good. :D