HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
sval59

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by sval59 »

Welcome back Rita!  The boards have been bustling ever since the First Magazine article came out and you will find lots of new friends here! 

Cheryl
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

Hi Sal, I also wanted to comment on your cheese addiction.  I too LOVE LOVE LOVE every single kind of cheese.  It is absolutely a major part my extra weight gain (in addition to adult beverages)  What I've found to be successful so far is to only buy fat free cheese.  I have shredded mozzarella for my pizza soup, and cheddar slices for other foods.  If you love cheese, there's a good chance that you think FF cheese tastes awful by itself, I do.  However, when it's melted in soups or on veggies, it doesn't taste bad, and it still takes away my cravings.  The good thing is that it stops me from just snacking on large chunks of cheese all the time.  I would eat a whole brick of cheese if I bought it because it is so good.  This way, I use it sparingly for added flavor, not for my entire meal.
Hope this helps, and keep up the good work!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Rita- Welcome back to LDL.  It's always here for us, no matter how far we may stray.  I'm sure that you will find a new bunch of supportive friends here.  Pam
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Welcome Back, Rita!

You will find a lot of new LDLers since you left and they, including our much beloved Little Mary, are here to help you get back on track.  Luck, love, & prayers to you  *hug*

VickiLynn (one month on LDL and lovin' it)
jelly

Post by jelly »

Hi everyone

I am just a newbie, and I need help I have read the book a couple times and I have started eating my smoothies in the morning , my protein for lunch and last, fruit or an other smoothie for my dinner. I don't snack I do drink alot of water. But I don't seem to be loosing much weigth.Can someone help me. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, what I have read it seems like you are looseing  all the tiime and alot. Does it just take time and comes off very slowly?  I have tried every diet under the sun and I don't want to give up hope on myself. I want to be proud of my self and be able to say I did do it before I leave this world. I am 61 and still going strong  and I am not giving up untill I am 161 so I have lots of time to get this stuff off. Is there any one out there that can help me prayer and a good word?

Thanks ever so much
Jelly
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello Jelly, welcome to LDL.  :)

How long have you been on LDL? Everyone looses at their body's schedule. There is no way to tell how fast or slow a person will lose weight. You could have lost inches instead of weight. You should take measurements. Most everyone weighs once a month. Are you eating at each meal until full? Are you taking medicine or have health issues? Check out the journals to see others weight loss and meals. Others will be along soon to offer more help.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hi Jelly!
This should be fun.  My post is jjelly.  cause of my name.  glad u r here  jj  :thumbsup:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Cornthins are so great.  I ordered from Amazon for them.  They will satisfy.  I am having so much fun with my new way of eating.  I'm never hungry- can't believe it.  I am a lifetime member of WW, have done low carbs-always hungry.  I already am over food cravings like pizza, pies, and cakes.  Corn on the cobb tastes so sweet and I can have more than one ear- how great!  It is definitely how I like to eat- fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Forever Friend
naillady

Post by naillady »

I just got my book yesterday why is Splenda avoided
Hobbes23

Post by Hobbes23 »

Anyone want to call me or leave me an e-mail about Let's Do Lunch within a day or so? I'm writing a newspaper story about it and I want comments from Let's-do-lunchers!
Amy
The News-Press
239-390-1021
asowder@news-press.com
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Good to have ALL you Newbies here with the rest of us...I have lost all my weight and I don't plan on ever eating any other way...I am never hungry because I eat until full or sometimes stuffed...I eat snacks whenever if I want... anytime all day as Dr. Oz says to do to boost your metabolism...I started LDL probably about 2 years ago and lost my weight but started eating corn thins and they made me crave other things ( just me) and I gained just a little weight so I took my name off the boards and started South Beach for awhile...I did lose the 2-3 pounds I had gained but I did not feel South Beach Diet was healthy with all the turkey bacon and eggs... So when I got back from vacation about 6 weeks ago I decided to go back to LDL... (came back on the boards) I love my fruit smoothies,popcorn (doesn't slow my weight) and veggies... I started losing weight and I am below my goal and still losing...My goal was 133lbs...I weighed yesterday and now I am down to 129lbs...I am 5"7' 1/2 so I guess my body is not done losing....

God Bless You
Preachwife
dinker

Post by dinker »

I just got the book yesterday.  I am hoping this isn't just another time I've spent money and not lost weight.  I HAVE to loose weight to save my marriage. I tried loosing weight for my sons wedding and only lost 10 lbs.  I don't eat because I'm hungry.  I eat because I'm depressed, bored, etc.
Can anyone give me any suggestions for getting started on a road to success?  How do you blend doing this with your family.  My husband and I can't have lunch together so how do we have dinner together?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVNzKsO/]
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

dkneram wrote:Can anyone give me any suggestions for getting started on a road to success?  How do you blend doing this with your family.  My husband and I can't have lunch together so how do we have dinner together?

hi,d...........the 2 most important things for let's do lunch to work is to eat the allowable foods and to eat until you're full so that you minimize snacking....do those 2 things and you'll have it made.....
fit the foods around your life style and your likes and dislikes.....tweak it where you need to to make it fit because this is FOR LIFE......it's a wonderful way to eat and for me, as a junk food addict, it's the ONLY way i can manage to eat healthily AND happily...........
i look forward to reading about your success........sincerely, niki
ps....eat lots of beans........i'm ALSO the bean queen.....soak them overnight, rinse them off and cook them for 5-10 minutes...rinse them again and then cook...overcook them in the beginning, eat lentils or pureed soups until your body adjusts and is better able to digest them......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
msscote

Post by msscote »

I tryed to reach the phone number you gave for the Morton's Sausage and Meatball seasoning and the phone number has been disconnected. Would you provide us with a phone number that is a working one so that we may order the seasoning?

Thank you,

msscote
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

dkneram wrote:I don't eat because I'm hungry.  I eat because I'm depressed, bored, etc.  Can anyone give me any suggestions for getting started on a road to success?

I have to tell you this - I'm sure it was from Roger Troy - "Do I want to eat something that made me fat or do I want to lose weight?"  This has helped me SO many times when temptation strikes!
Last edited by Anonymous on October 31st, 2009, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.