Vinegar Could Help in Losing Weight

Get innovations here.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Vinegar Could Help in Losing Weight

Post by Joyful Friend »

Judie, My I didn't know making pickled eggs was that easy.  Do they taste like cloves?  Thanks, Joyful Friend.  I still didn't get my picture posted.  Sorry
yourdish

Post by yourdish »

Hi Mrsj,

Yup, it has been well over ten years since my blood pressure has been so good at a doctor's visit. Yeah for our team! 

And thanks for the reminder of how to make pickled beets with tinted eggs in there, too. They are a special favorite of my husband because his dear departed mother used to fix them. She used sugar, though, but I'll use some honey and see how it works, along with a touch of splenda, spices and the onions.

Love to all,

yourdish
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

crickadoodle wrote:Mrs. J -- love your new picture!  I'm such a non techie type.  I'll probably never post a picture of myself.  I'll let you see me in person in San Antonio, hopefully!   :D 
Can't wait!! *love*
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

yourdish wrote:Hi Mrsj,

Yup, it has been well over ten years since my blood pressure has been so good at a doctor's visit. Yeah for our team!
Go team go!!  Win, win, win!! 
redkat

Post by redkat »

Where can you get this kind of apple cider vinegar?  Is it in the same section as the clear, filtered one?

Kathy
Kathy
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

it's yum with steamed spinach as well.  :thumbsup:
Last edited by Anonymous on October 18th, 2009, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

redkat - Kroger's in my area (TX) carries it.  Also most health food stores.  Look for the Braggs brand ACV.  Braggs also makes Liquid Aminos which is great sprayed on sauteed or steamed veggies...taste sort of like soy sauce...love it on steam-fried cabbage.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

xandarosa
New, but learning

Post by xandarosa »

I put mine in vegetable juice.  But I've been using the clear kind tomorrow I'll be buying the cloudy kind.
teab39
New, but learning

Post by teab39 »

I found the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar at Amazon.com

for 1 quart is $4.20 and .99 shipping.

I ordered a qt. today to try.

I will keep you informed about this addition.  :)
edith
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Braggs Vinegar can be found at  health food stores and The Good Food Store.  It is great used in Making cole slaw or in any dishes that call for vinegar.  For those who don't like the taste of vinegar they have pill form that can be taken. 
I didn't know it could help with blood pressure.  I will have to go back to eating more of it.  Thanks
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hi Edith and Wendy - so nice to have you both with us on the LDL skinnytrain.  Edith, you got a pretty good deal on your vinegar even after paying shipping.  I found mine at Krogers and paid nearly $6 for it.  Everything 'healthy' is so expensive, but I've already found out that you end up paying more for the 'cheap' junk in the long run with an ailing, over-weight body, so I don't mind spending a little extra to get the good stuff.  Wendy, I've recently started drinking ACV and cayenne pepper in water in an attempt to lower my blood pressure.  I don't know what is going on with my body, but I've just had to double my BP meds.  I'm not gonna worry about it too much, 'cause I know that once I drop some more of this weight, my BP will come down - and the vinegar will help.

Ladies, I hope y'all will love LDL as much as the rest of us do.  It's a great way of eating!!  I'll be looking for more of your posts.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

graveyboatgirl
New, but learning

Post by graveyboatgirl »

known about this for a long time, but never really implemented it much bc I read you just take it first thing in the morning.  I always just wanted fresh, organic coffee in the mornings so it didn't work for me.  Someone said earlier you can take it bf every meal.  Think I will try and take it bf lunch & dinner since it has so many wonderful benefits.  Lost an additional 3 lbs since the holidays and am very encouraged.  Thanks Roger!

PS: This diet is so liberating, the other diets I have been on were such bondage!  Something about this diet is so freeing, I don't have a problem staying on it at all.  I wished I would have known about it sooner.  Thanks again, Roger!
Jesus first, tennis second

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

graveyboatgirl,

Remember to wait 15 minutes before eating to get the maximum benefit of the ACV.

CQ
teab39
New, but learning

Post by teab39 »

I BOUGHT THE BRAGGS ACV after reading this.....now im wondering......should i refrigerate the opened bottle ????
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

teab39,

It's not necessary to refridgerate after opening. It should say on the bottle just above "shake well before using."

CQ
SubtleWhispers

Post by SubtleWhispers »

This is extremely interesting to me as I have never heard of using vinegar to loose weight... or lower blood pressure for that matter!  So do you take 2 T of it before EVERY meal or just in the morning.. and if you use it 3 times a day will that tripple the benefits of it or would that be considered over usage and be harmfull???
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I was told to take it 3 times a day about 10 to 15 min before I eat a meal.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

SubtleWhispers wrote:This is extremely interesting to me as I have never heard of using vinegar to loose weight... or lower blood pressure for that matter!  So do you take 2 T of it before EVERY meal or just in the morning.. and if you use it 3 times a day will that tripple the benefits of it or would that be considered over usage and be harmfull???

You can use it either way or both. It won't hurt you. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar has many benefits besides helping you to lose weight and lowering your blood pressure. In fact, some studies have shown that it helps to break up the plaque on the walls of the arteries, therefore, relieving the pain caused by peripheral vascular disease.

I posted this last November.

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=8244.0

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on February 10th, 2010, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

This is a message for Crickadoodle.  Do you by any chance live in Houma, Louisiana and will you be teaching a LDL class at your church?  If so, then I will be in your class.  Starts this Sunday night, Feb. 21, right? :D  So cool.
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

In case Crickadoodle doesn't answer, yep that's her!  You'll learn so much from her!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]