New To Our Boards?

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
KAT
New, but learning

What a wonderful way to eat!

Post by KAT »

Hey all,
I have been on LDL for about 6 weeks and I have lost 12 lbs and 1 full size!  I love it!  I saw Roger Troy on Channel 13 News in Houston as I was getting dressed one morning and could not believe what I was hearing.  The foods he was saying I should eat.....the foods I loved....were the very same foods that had me chastising myself for eating on other plans.  I love frozen grapes and cherries, popcorn, fresh fruit, beets, three bean salad and I could not believe he was telling me to eat those foods and I would lose weight.  I couldn't wait to get to work so I could look up the website!

I read through some of the postings and decided to order the book right away.  The book was delayed in arriving so I called about it and Roger Troy actually got on the phone and talked to me about LDL.  The book arrived that afternoon and I spent the rest of the night reading it and started the plan the very next day.  I love not having to worry about eating bread, pasta, potatoes and rice.  I just tell people, "I don't do those items."  I find that I am better able to discern what my body needs....a little starch (corn or beans).....a little more protein (beans or meat).  The CRAVINGS are GONE!  Seriously, you could put my favorite (past favorite), chocolate brownies in front of me and I would have no problem passing them up!

I know we are not supposed to weight everyday, but I did at first and found unbelievably that I had lost 8 lbs in the first week!  The loss has slowed since then, but my body is changing, my clothes fit differently, I feel great, and let's face it....LDL is sooo easy to do,why would I do anything else.  I have had times that I could have eaten off the plan, but why would I!?

I am so grateful that I was watching that program that morning and that Roger Troy is sharing his plan with the world.  It was just what I needed to give myself permission to eat the foods that my body wanted anyway and to do it guilt free!  Thank you Roger Troy and all of you who post here!
TNangela

Re: New To Our Boards?

Post by TNangela »

K04cross,

That is awesome about your weight loss...keep up the good work. 
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

hi ko.....i had a LONG day at work today..reading your posting made up for it....i smiled while i read most of it....isn't it GREAT?...there are times when i can't believe it...i'm NOT on a diet and i lost 30 pounds in 6 months....when you said that about passing up your favorites?....just today,i pointed to a big table in the diniing room and told someone that they could lay out ALL my favorite foods and it wouldn't phase me.......in the old days,if i was on a diet,i would buy the flavors of ice cream that i didn't really like....i wouldn't buy any of the things that i REALLY liked..NOW,i buy the ice cream that everyone likes..my old favorites...all kinds of stuff that i was never able to resist .....I COULDN'T CARE LESS......it's the most liberating feeling in the world......
   i feel the way you do....that i'm eating my favorite things.....i love fruit and i love beans......sometimes it makes me feel guilty when i hear someone who doesn't like some of the things we're allowed to eat when i love EVERYTHING......
  have you tried any of the bean soup recipes on the boards?.....there are so many...and some really easy ones.....mary's white bean soup and israeli chick pea soup...and i posted greek bean soup which is really easy and can be made with any beans...the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars....beans are like the police...they make sure your blood sugars stay that way......read my post on the discussion board "beans..they're what's for lunch AND dinner" and on tips for healthy living,kay posted "eat beans and be a string bean"..........i can't stress enough how important they are.....BUT,you might have learned that already...............
  keep the portable snacks around handy so that you're NEVER HUNGRY.....popcorn,soynuts,roasted chick peas(if you can find them)
   i see that you already know that you're going to lose ALL THE WEIGHT YOU WANT TO LOSE...i'm SO HAPPY that you have found let's do lunch and our boards.....WELCOME............sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on July 25th, 2006, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mzunocennt

Post by mzunocennt »

well as you know I am pretty new to all this Roger but Jim lost 15 lbs. as well as the swelling that had bothered his left leg.  That means he weighs 513 instead of 528, yee haa.

mzunocennt (penny)
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Double yee haa back at you guys! He's doing wonderfully!! Whoo-hoo! I just love a great success story! :) nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi mz...i'm glad to hear that you and your fiance are off to a great start....keep up the good work and keep us posted..........i wish you both success........niki
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I was so excited to get going on this program.  Ordered the book from Amazon.com. Found out today I can't get the book til the beginning of October!!  So now I have to wait a whole month to start!!  ugh
niki

Post by niki »

hi...if you go through these boards,you'll get all the info you need to start RIGHT NOW........
  the way that this program works is that the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and gets rid of the cravings...........all the sweetest fruit you want for breakfast.......lean protein..bean soups(ALL YOU WANT)..soynuts,popcorn for snacks....
  i bought my book from christianbook.com for $16.99...why don't you try calling their 1-800 number and see if they can get you a copy faster?.............welcome to our boards.....................niki 
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey, Harley! Welcome! And absolutely don't wait for weeks to pass to get started - start right now! Have your smoothie for breakfast, make up some bean soups, chilis, and other recipes from the boards, gather your salad ingredients, and pull some popcorn, CornThins, roasted soy nuts, fruits, raisins, and some sliced fat-free cheeses together and get going. Start to modify your eating plan right now and get rid of all the junk in the house so you'll already be in the state of mind to be successful on the plan. All the info that's needed is right here on the boards. If you read all the posts, you'll find out 99% of what you need to know. Wishing you happy cooking and much success! .......nyKath
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hey all!  I'm new to ldl.  My dad, Mike, has been on the program for quite some time and, after seeing his success, my kids and I decided to try it.  Well, I'm very excited to say that we've been on the program for almost 3 weeks and I've lost 12 pounds, my daughter, Lexi (age 12) has lost 4 pounds, and my son, Samuel (age 10), has lost 2 pounds!  This is very exciting for us because we've all had weight problems for as long as we can remember and this is finally something that works for all of us!  Thanks Roger for figuring out the easiest way I know of to lose weight!
Shannon
Last edited by Mike on September 19th, 2006, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

"Hey all!  I'm new to ldl.  My dad, Mike, has been on the program for quite some time and, after seeing his success, my kids and I decided to try it." 

hi mike..when i first read this and saw your father's name,i got confused(it doesn't take much)thinking "mike's not a new member"......but you're mike's son and lexi's father......   
  THAT IS SO WONDERFUL THAT YOUR WHOLE FAMILY IS ON LET'S DO LUNCH.....
  it's wonderful to have you on the boards too....i'm so glad to hear about your wonderful progress...keep up the good work..........................sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on September 20th, 2006, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
adholland

Post by adholland »

I am brand new to the LDL program . There is a lady from my hometown who has definitely dropped a ton of weight with this program and suggested it to me.  I am 25 and just recently gave birth to my first "and last" child.  She is perfect and 3 months old today. I had a rough recovery from a c-section because i developed a hematoma that just healed about 2 weeks ago (calculated, that is 2 1/2 months after delivery)...it was no fun, but the inactivity kept me from losing the baby weight faster.  i am currently about 188 lbs and need to get down to around 150 if not less...but to me it isn't about  what the scale says, but how I look and I want to be a "hot mama".  I look forward to reading all of your comments. I have spent hours on this site lately just reading success stories and recipes...I am so ready for my book to arrive.  Happy Losing everyone !
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

you have a great attitude, adholland......just read the book carefully and reread it once you've been on it for awhile...you'll find a few extra things click into place(roger recommends you read it a FEW times)...when you eliminate the unhealthy carbs, you no longer crave them.....wait til you see how WONDERFUL it is to feel that YOU are in control of what you eat....you're SO fortunate to have let's do lunch at your fingertips at such a young age.....i wish you success...and ENJOY that new baby.............sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

adholland wrote:I am brand new to the LDL program . There is a lady from my hometown who has definitely dropped a ton of weight with this program and suggested it to me.

Welcome from me, also!  I love to hear that someone that has lost a lot of weight recommended the program - and then we hear from the person that they talked to!!  If that person doesn't mind, I'd love to know who it is... not for anything in particular - Just nosey!!  :)

adholland wrote:I had a rough recovery from a c-section because i developed a hematoma that just healed about 2 weeks ago.

This is a baaadddd thing - my sister-in-law had this 20 years ago.  She did end up having another child, but it was 4 years later.  (Thankfully, it didn't happen again!)

adholland - you'll do fine - and again, welcome!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."