First time

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Thomas111
New, but learning

First time

Post by Thomas111 »

Hi,

This is Tom and I am new to this.  I sent a message earlier and I think I lost it before it posted so forgive me if this is out there twice.

Basicly I am new and I have type 2 Diabeates with all the normal complications.  I haven't taken very good care of it so it is usually out of control.

Lately my BS has been running average 270 at a high of 520.  I eat the wrong things (fast food) everyday and too much of it which keeps me overweight, b/s too hiogh and broke too.  I am so tired of living this way.  I am going to change NOW!!!!!!!!

I saw Roger on the 700 club and I felt like God spoke to me and said this is the answer to your prayers, just do it! it is for you.

I have ordered the book, and I have seen some posts on here from other diabetics and it seems too good to be true, lower B/s B/p and more energy less Meds.  I want that.

I also talked to someone not on this plan but who lost 150lbs and totally reversed his diabeates, B/S.B/P, Cholestrol,Triglysirides less pain in feet and some felling returned, off all meds and insulin, and one big thing as a man I was interested in he said it even reversed his problem with E.D.

This sounds too good to be true, anyone heard of these things happening?

I will wait for a response and wait for my book

Thanks

Tom ;):)
Tom
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: First time

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Tom
You have definately come to the right place.  This is the best eating plan there is.  I have been able to go off all my stomach meds and I am now taking half of what I was of my heart meds.  I don't have diabetes but I have seen great reports on here of ones who have lowered their meds and are able to keep there bs normal.
You can began even before receiving the book by reading as much as possible on these boards and getting the general idea of how it all works.  The main thing is to eat until full.  Eat your main protein meal at lunch and eat a light dinner at night. 
You may want to check with your doctor first to make sure he feels this will be ok for you but most doctors see the benefits when they look at the book.
I also saw 700 club in Nov and started right away.  I have lost 75 lbs since beginning in November and feel healthier then I have in years and years. 
If you have any questions just ask and there will be alot of help.  We are so happy to have you join us as part of this wonderful family of LDLers.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations, Tom on making the choice to reclaim your health.  You are at the right place.  And Wendy-75#-WOW!!!!! You go girl :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:!!!!!!!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Tom,

Yes, all this can happen for you also, in proportion to your belief in God's ability to lead you to healing and your committment to be obedient to Him. You feel the Lord led you to this, and most everyone here who has been successful felt the same way. It is a lifetime (WOE) way of eating, not a fad diet with expensive meals or supplements to buy only to fall back into the very way of eating that got you here in the first place. You will be eating wholesome healthy food the way God created it, without all the processing to make it fast and last longer on the shelves. As Wendy said, ask lots of questions. We all have asked them also when we started.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Welcome aboard, Tom!!!

There is another member, Cindi, that has diabetes.  This is what she posted:

I have diabetes type 2 and do this diet with a few modifications. I always eat protein with my fruit & veggies. My AC1 was 10.7 (this was from mostly before I was doing LDL). Now my blood sugar is in the normal range-I only take 500 mg Metformin/day. The biggest rule is don't eat foods that are processed. Eat things as close to their original form as you can. Everyone's body is different so you have to experiment.Your friend might have to change doctors several times to find a good one-I did. GPs are not good choices for folks with diabetes-find someone with experience in endocrinology. I am no expert at this diabetes thing but I can tell you what worked for me and eating LDL foods helped me.

Please keep us posted!!!
Marga
Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

Wendy, Pam, Marge, Linda,

Thanks for the responses and kind words.

I did order the book and am looking at some posts to try and see what this is about.
As I said earlier I haven't taken care of this well at all for a long time.  But for the past year or so hardly at all.
To be honest I am really scared.  I have already had a toe amputated 2 years ago from this and I guess even that didn't
give me the wake up call I needed.  A personal tragedy recently has though and I have become closer to God and feel his presence in
my life like never before.  So when I felt his leading me here I knew it may just be the answer to the prayers that I have needed.
I have called my diabetes Dr. (who is an endocrinologist) and asked her to forgive my cancelling our appointments for the past year and more and
explained the personal situation and she has set up an appointment for me to come in and basically start over. That is a blessing in it's self.  It is very hard to find a good diabetes Dr. and she is one of the best.
I have to take the blood tests this afternoon to see where I am with everything.  If you want I can post the results if you guys would like to know
where I am starting from?  I know from experience it's not going to be good since I have not been doing what I am supposed to do and feel so terrible.
Again, thanks for talking to me and I will wait to see if your interested and will post the results if you want.

Tom
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Thomas111 wrote:To be honest I am really scared.  I have already had a toe amputated 2 years ago from this and I guess even that didn't
give me the wake up call I needed.  A personal tragedy recently has though and I have become closer to God and feel his presence in
my life like never before. 

tom....you ARE in the right place.....use let's do lunch to give you the turn around you  need......eating this way saved roger's life....it WILL do the same for you....MANY people have been blessed by eating this way...there IS a blessing here for YOU, too........
let's do lunch's success is based on a number of factors.....low glycemic index...alkaline rich foods.......high fiber.......
i'm an RN and often do diabetic teaching at my job....i strongly recommend to you that you keep a journal of what you eat and when and your accuchecks...this way you can more clearly see what works and what doesn't....
optimal success?...try sticking as close as you can to what i'm going to suggest to you......AND, squeeze a lime or lemon or two into a pitcher of filtered water and drink..........look to cut out artificial sweeteners, coffee and dairy.........i know it's hard, but i've done it and i know it helps....

b....all the fruit you can eat
l..a BIG green salad..as many green vegetables as you can eat....homemade bean soup.....protein(fish or chicken better than beef..eggs, too)...eat the salad and greens/vegetables first before you eat the protein....you don't want to eat too much protein...
d....all the fruit you can eat

NOW, different diabetics react differently....when i first asked for the medical success boards, my intention was that one thread would tell it all for a particular illness...there is a LENGTHY thread on diabetes..but, there are others besides......most of the diabetics state that the fruit doesn't bother them at all...........but, everyone's different.......try the fruit meal for a couple of days and see how your blood sugars are.....you MIGHT want to have a big green salad at dinner instead if you find that your blood sugars are too high....THIS is where you need to become attuned to what your own body needs...........
when you see your dr, you can bring your journal with you and show your dr what you've been doing.....
i'm going to e-mail you so you'll have my e-mail address......if you have any more questions or you have a high blood sugar, you could e-mail me to reach me quicker...............
i wish you success......................sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Tom,

I'll be praying for your success on this way of eating and praying for your health to improve.

Many blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

Ollie & Nikki,

Thanks for the reply.  The encouragement and advice.

I think I should be getting the results of my blood tests this afternoon.

I'll let everyone know all the embarrassing details later and see just where I am starting from.

I looked at some recipes on the other boards last night and they sound great and easy to do.

It has not been a problem of cooking, actually I am a very good cook, very at ease in the kitchen.

The problem is I have become stuck in a rut of convenience and laziness and so I go to fast food places

which should be called fast death instead.  For me at least and I suspect most people cooking for yourself like exercising

is easy and you really prefer to do it but once you have fallen off the train it's so hard to get back on and it just takes that first step but

we (I) have such a hard time doing it. The embarrassment and guilt are just too hard to overcome it seems.

Well, I have wasted another  5 minuntes of everyone's time so I'll go now, and let you know what the Dr. said later.

Thanks
:sad:
Tom
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Thomas111 wrote:Well, I have wasted another  5 minuntes of everyone's time so I'll go now

Our time is your time so talk away for as long as you like -- hugs  *hug* ... Vicki
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Tom,
Your thoughts are always welcome and never a waste of anyone else's time.
Making the decision to make a change is the first step. Sticking with that decision seems to be the hard part. Once you make the decision to make a change, ole sleuwfoot jumps right in with free dinners and goodies to get you to put it off one more day. I had the luxury of easing into the change gradually. DH and I first started taking probiotics and cutting out all obvious MSG and Corn Syrup. Then we moved toward more whole foods. But the Lord knew the processing of foods was where alot of bad health comes from along with the hidden additives. I believe hearing about LDL on the 700 Club was God-directed. With LDL we can get to our optimum weight and be so much healthier.

Keep logging in your thoughts. Just writing them helps you so much with inside revelations about yourself you may not have considered before.

Blessings
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

Thank you Vicki............ :D

Linda, I have a question about the proboitics.  Do they really help with this change.
what exactly do they do to help.  I have been hearing a lot about them.  There is a show called "Know the Cause" with Doug Kaufman (spelling?)
that I watch sometimes and he is big on them.  If you haven't seen him, his thing mostly is fungus as a cause of most disease due to inflammation.

It seems to make sense to me most of what he says.  Amyway my question is about the proboitics?

Thanks
Tom
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

VickiLynn wrote:
Thomas111 wrote:Well, I have wasted another  5 minuntes of everyone's time so I'll go now

Our time is your time so talk away for as long as you like -- hugs  *hug* ... Vicki

you took the words right out of my mouth...niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tom- Doug Kauffman's diet is somewhat similar to this plan.  Both are anti-inflammatory and promote whole foods.  The anti-fungus diet severely limits fruits, though, which made it too restrictive for me.  Never worry about wasting our time.  We love to hear from members as they journey through this process and gain insight into their behaviors.  Keep writing, continue asking questions.  Read the book several times.  I'm due for a re-read myself.  There are always new things to learn from the book and members here.  This is not a temporary fix.  It is a way of life to regain our health.  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Tom as you can see you can't watse our time.  Belive what you read about ldl and go into action. You can take charge of your body and drop weight and get healthy at the same time.  Good luck on the road to sucess......Wither
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Tom
You will be so happy with the results once you get totally on LDL and go for it.  We are all blessed by helping each other go forward in health and weight loss so don't feel like you are wasting anyones time.  Alot of us were in your shoes or close to it when we began LDL and we were thankful for all the help and love we found on the boards.
You may be starting with your body out of control but you will see it growing happier daily as you put good food in and leave the bad habits behind. 
We are so glad to have you join with us on this wonderful eating plan.  We will see many healthy years to come where we can actually enjoy life to the fullest.
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Tom,
Welcome to LDL...

And I know what you mean about being scared to death. That's where I was when I started on May 1. I was really at the point that I felt like I had probably waited too long this time, and my health was too far gone. But what LDL did for me was give me HOPE. I had given up all hope that I could ever change. Ever be healthy. I had bought the book several years ago and had read it after a friend had recommended it to me. He was doing LDL and had had some success. Well I read it, and then put it on the shelf, where it stayed until April of this year when I received an email regarding the book. I don't know who or where the email came from. But I decided to get the book down and read it again. Roger's story is so inspiring....that I decided to give it a good try for at least a month. I was beginning to feel hope welling up inside me. I stocked my pantry and I was off and running on May 1. I determined to only weigh once a month, because the scale has always sabotaged me in my weight loss. I took my focus off the scale, and just focused on the food. Anyway, I had my first weigh-in on June 1 and had lost 11 lbs. I'm enjoying the food immensely. So delicious and satisfying.

Just give it a good, honest try. Only weigh once a month. Don't focus on the scale...focus on the food. I'm proud of you, Tom. I know what a HUGE step this has been for you. I know because I took that step, too....as we all have. And you can do this. You can get your life back.

Blessings & Prayers!
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

I wanted to thank everyone who has responded to my message.

It is very encouraging to hear your stories and the words of help and prayers.
As I said before I have totally neglected my problems for over a year and felt
worthless and that it is too late I've done too much damage so why try.

Now I realize that was a demonic pressense trying to defeat me, but God spoke life into me
and answered my prayers (not just for this) but some amazing things that have turned around and could be for no other reason other than God.
So when I saw Roger on the 700 club that spoke volumes to me and now finding this board and the wonderful God loving people on here it just a confirmation.  I was guided by the lord and I need to listen pay attention and do what he says.

I am starting to feel his forgiveness and love for me, something I haven't felt for years.

Things are changing like never before and it's a wonderful feeling to now know without a doubt that the lord loves me with all my sins, bad deeds, and all the past forgiven, I truly can step forward a new creature in Christ.

Now I need to do the physical work needed to complete the transformation and my main goal is to please the lord.

I seem to be going on about my faith and not not my Diabetes. Well I hope I haven't offended anyone, not my intent.  But I will never be ashamed of being a follower of Jesus Christ!  I just got carried away.

I have to meet with the Dr. Thursday to get the results of the tests.

I will Let you know the bad news tomorrow if I can.

Tom
blessed

Post by blessed »

It does my heart good the hear about Jesus Christ.  I don't think you are going to offend anybody here.  Just reading your post makes me want to rejoice with you.  And your excitement for LDL makes me want to do better. 
rodie

Post by rodie »

Tom,
Just wanted to add my WELCOME!Be sure to keep us posted on all the wonderful things that are going to be happening to you once you read the book and start on this woe.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)