How long to lose your weight?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
DeaconChic

How long to lose your weight?

Post by DeaconChic »

Roger,

I just read about your diet technique and am curious as to how long it took you to lose the 200 lbs?

I also weigh in at 385 and am 49 years old, have Diabetes II, high BP and other ailments that I know can be reduced or eliminated altogether by weight loss, however the South Beach, the Atkins, and all the others work only so long, then become difficult to progress.

I lost over 40Lbs last year before my ordination and then plateaued, after which I started to gain it back (probably wasn't as serious about it as I should have been.)

I realize there is no "quick fix" as I didn't gain the weight quickly, but a "quicker" method that will last is intriguing to me.  It sounds as though your diet may be beneficial for me.

Please let me know how long it took you to get to "normal" weight.

Blessings+

The Rev. Chic Harmon
Rev. Chic Harmon
Mike

Re: How long to lose your weight?

Post by Mike »

Chic, Welcome!. Your story sounds very much like mine.  I started from about the same weight, actually a little higher, and have gone through the entire list of diets, from Atkins to starvation.  None of them worked!  I have been on LDL for eight weeks now and have lost 34 lbs.  I feel better than I have in years and really enjoy the foods... It is also a relief to not have to COUNT anything... No carbs, calories, portions, etc.  Should you decide to do LDL,  I know you will enjoy the new style of eating and living... Mike
Last edited by Mike on May 8th, 2006, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Re: How long to lose your weight?

Post by niki »

hi..........i would like to say that there is NOTHING that can compare with this way of eating...i was the queen of junkfood...i had no control when it came to food....NOW,food no longer controls me....i care nothing for the foods i used to crave..you don't even feel like you're on a diet...i eat fresh pineapple,frozen grapes.watermelon.......i make great homemade bean soups....popcorn,soynuts...and where do you find an author who cares so much ,he will see you through from beginning to end?.....
    if you're a type 2 diabetic and are hypertensive,you are definitely in a dr's care....carefully monitor your blood sugars and blood pressure with close supervision by your dr so that as those numbers drop,your dr can lower the doses of medication you take ..................niki