2nd month weigh in

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
JerrieH

2nd month weigh in

Post by JerrieH »

Well, I had my second month weigh-in today.  It was 2 lbs.  I was so excited about my one month weigh-in being 7 lbs.  I'm glad I had weight loss this month, but a little disappointed it was only 2 pounds, especially in light of the fact that the first couple of months are supposed to be bigger weight losses, or so I thought.  I did go off LDL for one lunch a week or so ago and one dinner at TGIFridays several nights ago with my family, but I wouldn't think that would be enough to prevent too much weight loss.  Maybe I have been snacking too much in the evenings (on LDL approved foods, such as garbanzo nuts).  Jerrie
preachwife

Re: 2nd month weigh in

Post by preachwife »

Stay with it...It will come off fast and furious eventually...That is how it was for me...I finally had people beg me to stop losing weight...It has been two years and still keeping it off...If I do splurge and gain a few, I just get back on it and the weight comes off...It is that simple...

Preachwife
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Congratulations Jerrie!  Any weight loss, let alone maintaining your previous weight loss is excellent!  :rose:

The times off really slow down my weight loss.  About 3 weeks ago, for 2 weeks I was off LDL (due to illness and other complications) I gained back 5 lbs which took me about 2 months to lose.  However, this last week I have already lost 4 of those pounds. 

Be careful of the habit of snacking or eating especially if you are not hungry at night.  This was probably the most difficult thing for me to stop.  I would want to eat even though I felt full.  I stay so busy it hasn't been too bad of a problem for me lately and/or else great changes are taking place. 

I have been doing LDL since October and if the scale doesn't go down, at least my clothes are looser and I feel better.  I have thyroid issues which make things difficult and it takes more time to drop the weight but I love this woe and I do not feel sick or hungry/starving like I do with "diets".  Keep up the great work and before you know it the weight will come off and you will be so happy with yourself.  If you decide for the splurges, enjoy them and get back on, just know that your weight will come off more slowly.

Happy LDL!  :thumbsup:
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks for the encouragement Preachwife.  How much weight have you lost and how long did it take you?  Do you have any favorite recipes that you have made along the way?  Jerrie
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Mylifeforhim - congrats on your four pound weight loss.  Thank you so much too for the encouragement.  I think I do need to watch my snacking at night while watching tv with my hubby.  I'm not really hungry, but just want a little something to snack on (LDL foods, of course), but probably extra calories that I don't need.  Sometimes when I have seen food journals of some of the people on LDL, their dinners look soooooo small, and there is no mention of any snacks at all in the evening and I don't know how they keep from getting so hungry between dinner and the next morning.  Jerrie :)
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

I know what you mean.  I see some of the food journals and could not live on that little bit, although I am eating probably only 1/3 to 1/4 of what I use to eat and am full and satisfied.  I use to have to eat frequently as I had (notice "had") hypoglycemic tendencies.  I would get sick and lightheaded and have to eat immediately or be down.  It hasn't happened to me for quite some time since LDL.

I try not to snack in the evening unless I am hungry and then eat LDL foods.  My DH just said he was hungry and asked what we were going to eat.  I said "I could eat but I'm not going to" and didn't.  I will leave the room until he finishes or he goes to another room in our home to not entice me.  He has a hidden stash covered in the pantry, that way when I am hungry I don't see it and want to eat it.  I make sure I have yummy LDL foods instead. 
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Mylifeforhim - It is great to hear that you are no longer hypoglycemic!  Thanks so much for your tips.  Those are good ideas.  Jerrie
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I think it also depends on how much we have to lose.  If we are obese or really obese then it comes off quicker the first few mths then slows don.. from what I see..
Congrats on your 9 lbs loss in two mths  :thumbsup:
knighte

Post by knighte »

Congrats, you are doing great. :thumbsup:
P
E
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks Roger for your post.  The only two times I went off plan were just for two meals (at restaurants) and I didn't think I went overboard (even though I did have just a little dessert at both restaurants), but I wondered if maybe I have been snacking on LDL foods to much in the evenings.  I'm going to try to watch that and see if that makes a difference.  Jerrie
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks Lulu65 for the encouragement.  I have heard that those who have larger amounts to lose seem to lose weight faster.  Thanks for the reminder.  Jerrie
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thank you Knighte.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  Jerrie :)
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

On my first time around on LDL, I lost pretty rapidly- 28 pounds in 3 months. I did not eat a lot of fruit. Lost 6 more pounds the next month.  I started out with 45 pounds to lose to goal. Then I went off LDL, gained some pounds back, am on again ( after tweaking the program to suit me) and now I'm losing again. I still don't eat a lot of fruit.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Jerrie you are almost 1/4 of the way there. Great Job!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jerrie, eat LDL foods, and the sizes drop and the weight comes off. You are doing fine.  Nine # in 2 months---good job.  I ate a whole lot when I first started, and since I'm at goal, and I have maintained a year, I still eat a lot.  Some days more than others.  I  enjoy cooking, so very seldom do I skip a meal.  This morning, I had two glasses of smoothie--/What a treat!  one banana, fresh pineapple, one fresh orange, and some unsweetened coconut.  I have a lean roast in the crockpot, onion soup package for favor.  Will add carrots and potatoes before I leave for a couple hrs' work.  Will eat  around 2:30 or 3.  I will add a large salad of fresh veggies and pickled beets.  I will also have some sauteed spinach since I don't eat potatoes.  They are for DH.  I will go back to work for a couple hrs.  When watching the ballgames,I will munch on popcorn and fresh grapes.  I plan my meals.  I don't allow myself to get too hungry.  That's when one can mess up.  I'm not one bit hungry now, and I think it is the coconut in the smoothie that has holding power, but If I were I would eat a whole egg and two egg whites--sauteed in EVOO on 4 cornthins.  I have been successful and  it is the first time in my adult life that I have been satisfied with eating.(Almost two years).  We eat out a good bit, as well.  I love a good steak or grilled salmon, grilled shrimp, but nothing compares with the great recipes  that are on the boards.  Every day, I thank God for this LDL plan and for his bountiful foods.  Thanks again, Roger for your book and plan, and friends on the boards, thanks for the wonderful recipes.  *hug* :)  JF
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks for the encouragement RT.  I keep telling people this is the easiest weight loss plan I have ever been on, being able to eat good healthy food and not be hungry and lose weight.  Jerrie
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thank you so much Joyful Friend for your encouragement and for your great tips.  Thanks for showing the amounts of good food you can have and still lose weight.  You are such an inspiration in how much you have lost and how well you have been able to keep the weight off, as well as encouraging others on the plan.  Thanks again for your post.  Jerrie :)
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

JerrieH
I have been hungry the last couple days and I have eaten more then I have in a long while.  Each day I have been down a lb which tells me once again how important it is to eat alot more then I normally do.  I noticed also when I make sure and eat a whole lot of lunch I only eat a small amount at night to take my pills and that is all I need.