Getting to know you!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Getting to know you!

Post by witheraway1 »

I think it's good that we can post about our lives and our interest it's part of getting to know you and who you are. It helps me to get to know who I am answering on the boards, other wise we would all be strangers. I love to hear of your likes and dislikes. I have met so many nice people on here, and hope to get better acquainted in the furture. So keep posting your thoughts I love them.
Last edited by witheraway1 on April 19th, 2011, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: Getting to know you!

Post by barrypaxton »

For the newbies that don't know me.....

My name is Ollie. I am 62 yrs old and am retired (30 years as an elementary/middle school teacher). I worked as a Red Cross volunteer for 9 years after my retirement, but just resigned from that recently. My husband of 27 years passed away 4 months ago with cancer of the esophagus so I am going through some major life adjustments.

I have had a weight problem for the last 35 years. I have struggled to get the weight off (and I think I've tried every diet ever printed) and I've struggled to keep the weight off. Then a dear friend (Joyful Friend) told me about LDL and it's been a blessing ever since. For the first time in my life, I'm controlling food, it's not controlling me!!!

Many blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

It's plain to see you have had a fun and full life. And now you have conquered the weight. I know you must be  walking on air. Thanks for telling us more about who OLLIE IS!  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:    wither
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

My name is Cherie (rhymes with Marie) and I'm single and living in Alaska. I was married for several years and have one grown son who lives out of state and doesn't call as much as I think he should! :laughing:. I've been a wedding and convention coordinator for 20 years and I really like my job. I have a significant other  *love* of many years. We live separately, but one day will marry. I really like living alone so I'll have to adjust to married life someday!

I love the Lord and praise Him for all that's given to me. I try to live by Christian principles as much as one can do in these contemporary times. I'm sure I could do better,though! :angel:

I love books, antiques, smooth jazz, doowop. the sea- especially the sea! I also am into decorating and being on the computer. I have too much stuff  :wrong: and need to be more organized. I love all things feminine. The colors blush and aqua are my very favorites.

I'm a real foodie. Not only for the taste, but what food symbolizes to me. I've struggled with my weight on and off for the last few years, although I was really slim into my mid 40's. I've never had a grand amount to lose, but when you're small-boned and 5' 4" inches, every extra pound shows.

My two adopted kitties are really spoiled to death. However, the love they return is worth it.

I can't think of anything else right now! :tongue:

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on April 21st, 2011, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So I'll bet the song "My Cherie Amour" is was your theme song!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sweetrose,  :rose:
I know what you mean, I am 5'3 and small boned. Every lb does show have to be very careful. I am walking 2 miles a day plus weights and no new weight loss. I am at a BIG stand still, but I will keep working at it. My name is Joyce for those that don't know. I took my screen name from our sons rock band, they are WITHER. I love to go to their rock shows. They are the singers. Very good and put on a great show. My husband and I have 5 kids. We have been married forever. We love to camp, go to the horse races and of course Las Vegas among just enjoying life. I have always been a stay at home mom, my husband never wanted me to work,except for taking care of the house and family enough work there. so I guess you could say I was a kept woman. He was a good worker and made sure we were provided for. Later on when all the kids were in school, I open up my daycare. It has been a very success business and when my husband retired he now helps me and he is very well kept. So now the tables have turned I work now. Funny how things turn out, we can't perdict the furture. I don't even know that we would want too.
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I'm a 52 year old wife and mother of two teenagers. Food has always been something to satisfy my emotional needs. If I was happy I ate, sad I ate, depressed I ate, mad I ate more. Since I've come back to LDL I've don't have that outlet. I'm so determined to be less weighty than I am now. I've lost 17.5lbs. I'm having fun going in my closet and trying my "tight clothes." Amazingly enough more and more of them fit.
I work in a library, so I enjoy talking about, and reading about books. I've finally found my niche. After many jobs, the library is the place for me. I have an older dog, a miniature pincher who follows me and is my best friend.

My children active young men. They have lots of growing pains. I have a 17 year old young man (active, confident, smart) and a 20 year old young man who is smart, sensitive, great with animals and small children.

I've been married for 23 years to a wonderful man. He is my anchor, my friend, and my support. My hobbies are cooking, reading, watching movies, and doing my Wii.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for sharing, Tina!
Now.... a picture?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

THANKS FOR TELLING US MORE ABOUT YOURSELF TINA. I FIRST POSTED THIS BACK IN APRIL 2011, YOU HAD TO DIG WAY BACK TO FIND THIS. I AM GLAD YOU DID AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS.
stevens660

Post by stevens660 »

Hey, My name is Melena. I live in Utah, and getting a Masters in Social Work. One semester down, 3 to go! After graduating, and probably a long time after that, I plan to open a child abuse clinic for child abuse victims and the non offending parents.

Last year, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I've been eating nothing but white process carbs for the last 8 months. I'm almost in remission, and I'm excited to start the LDL program. My body could definitely use the nutrients!

I've never been on any type of forums before, and I'm hoping to have some extra support to help me reach my goals!
Mel :D
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

You have come to the right place. You will get lots of help here. All you have to do is just ask we are here.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Melena- 2 1/2 years ago I had never been on a forum, either, but now am a veteran of this site.  Without LDL and the support of the wonderful members here, I would still be an obese, hypertensive, failure of many diet plans.  This way of eating has turned my life and my health around.  Best wishes with this plan and with graduate school.  I know from personal experience that grad school can be a stressful process.  Your eating and your health will be two things under control for you.  Pam
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Linda,
If I can find a picture of myself that I like, I'll post it. Usually I hate pictures of myself. I'll keep my eye open for a decent picture of myself to share.
Tina

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome, new board friends.  You will enjoy this WOE.  It's the best, along with the fine people who share and encourage.  :thumbsup:  JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tina- I cringe when I look at the first picture I posted- and I had lost the first 10# and felt pretty confident by that time!  I like each new picture better than the last as I continue toward unwrapping the new me!!!  Publish it.  You'll be happy to have a photo history of your journey!  Pam
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Pam and Linda,
I'll see what I can find. Thanks!
Tina

~Author Unknown
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I am Jennie and have been participating in this WOE for 16 months on and off.  I have managed to keep 20 pounds off and will take the remaining weight off this year.  I have tried numerous diets over the years without success.  This is the only plan that helped me.  I am an emotional eater.  If only my emotions would remain steady, I would probably be skinny.  I have been married for 26 years with 7 children and 3 grandchildren.  I had the 7 kids in 16 years so although I am a grandmother, I still have a 9, 13, 15, & 18 year old at home.  I hold down two jobs - one as a nursing instructor in the classroom, and one as an online nursing instructor.  So as you can see I am very busy and don't have time to cook which is bad for dieting.  I plan to be on track for 2012 and begin a new me! I love the LDL boards and feel that everyone is family.  I definitely need the support right now.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

You can do this, Jennie.  This is your year!!!  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Jennie, all those kids you still have at home will keep you younger and busy. Enjoy them while they are there. All my kids are out of the house, even tho we do lots together, I miss them and wish they were back. Had my first child at 17, all 5 have been great kids. I would not do anything different. 2012 can be a good year for both of us as I am not at goal either. We will push forward.  :rose:  wither