Going to try

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
ladyhawk21

Going to try

Post by ladyhawk21 »

again!!  Finally at my breaking point- none of my cloths fit, my back and hips are hurting again,  and i have been so tired 
in the morning i will start back in the gym- which actually makes me feel better
my food choices will be limited (because i am such a picky eater) but now i can have a baked potato with a salad
i will have some grilled chicken and corn, green beans for lunch and maybe some watermelon for supper. 

i loaned my book out to a friend that was in desperate need (weight and diabetic)  and she never returned it- so i guess i will go to the library
and check it out if i can find it (can't afford to buy one at the moment) need to go through it and make a list of foods that are LDL approved that i like and go from there.

i have been going to work- going home and sitting on my butt until time to go to bed (which i go to bed at 8pm)  cause i am bored to death!!
Mr Martie passed in April and i miss him so much; I still take Babie Girl to the park and we walk 1 mile a day but at a very slow pace as she is almost 13 yrs

i have not been sewing or doing anything but watching tv.  i have gained the whole 40 pds back and i feel horrible, but i had to get to that certain point, which i reached today-  it was what happened last time.  i just got to a point that i could not stand myself anymore and i started eating good and went to the gym and worked my way to 130pd.  i will reach it if it kills me!!!

Renee
ladyhawk21

Re: Going to try

Post by ladyhawk21 »

are Utz sourdough nuggets ok?  i can't bite into the large hard sourdough pretzel but i found the nuggets -

Renee
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Renee- I am so happy that you are back.  Soon you can use that sewing machine to whip up new clothes and to alter those that become too big.  You know what to do, and I have faith that you will be successful.  You should probably stay away from pretzels entirely :wrong:!  Pam
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

ladyhawk21 wrote:are Utz sourdough nuggets ok?  i can't bite into the large hard sourdough pretzel but i found the nuggets -

Renee

I just got back recently myself, but I think the sourdough pretzels are off the menu (Not 100% sure but I would avoid them until you hear from someone smarter than I am)
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

i was thinking the sourdough pretzels were on the ok list for a snack as my dad eats them- will re read the book and see  ;)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Roger, for your kindness and generosity toward Lady Hawk.  Glad, you're back on the boards, Renee.    :)  JF
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

welcome back ladyhawk!! i don't think we can do pretzels of any kind sour dough or not....

best wishes and many blessings
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The reason the pretzels are off plan is the wheat flour.
When deciding what should be eaten start reading labels.
No wheat, no rice, no oats, no barley or rye. All those grans are processed and have a high glycemic index.
So that means no bread, no pasta. Nothing using flour.
Snacks are mostly fresh fruit and popcorn.
You can purchase Original Corn Thins to use as crackers.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Ladthawk, how are you doing this time around? Just thinking about you?
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

doing ok so far- day 4 in the gym- doing a little cardio a little weights.  no sugar- lots of watermelon, strawberries, bananas.  grilled chicken is filling for lunch and lots of water too.
i got the book in the mail so i will start on it this weekend and make a list of foods that i like that are LDL approved and get stocked up on those foods so i will always have something good to eat when i want it. 

past the sweet tooth stage - it usually only takes a day or 2 to get rid of the sugar craving:  it was mostly that i just wanted it.  esp donuts!!  we had some at work on Friday and i walked away!!  yeah. 

thanks everyone!!
Renee
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Being able to walk away from doughnuts was a really big thing for me too.
I thank God that with LDL it can be done!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sounds like you are right on schedule to regain your trim body.  Good for you, Ladyhawk!  Pam
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

i even took on a sewing job_  a 50' snake!!    using that snake fabric-  it will have eyes- a pink tongue- tapered tail

Renee
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Oh, that sounds like a tremendously fun project! Enjoy the challenge!
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

finished the snake and made a quilt in 3 days- for my grandson's birthday- all while going to the hospital every night to visit my mom
the Ulcerative colitis has finely got the best of her- the Dr put her in the hospital last Wednesday.  she may get to go home on Monday- maybe not.  will find out in the morning.

Renee
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Keeping your mother in my thoughts and prayers.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Prayers for healing for your mother.  *hug*
Linda