weight lost

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
wondergirl
New, but learning

weight lost

Post by wondergirl »

:sad:  I have been doing the program for 3 weeks!! I have followed the plan step by step without 1 cheat....
I stepped on the scale this morning, to my surprise I lost on 2 pounds!! So disappointed.  I thought I would have lost at least 5.
Breakfast--fruit (smoothie with at least 2 different fruits)
Lunch-- beans with turkey or beef, salad
Dinner-- fruit or popcorn
I have read the red book 3 times and I have it all marked up with highlights
I really don't know what I am doing wrong.
Any advise?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: weight lost

Post by LINDA RN »

Hang in there, wondergirl,
I was on the program for 5 months without any loss at all, but the first 2 months were Nov and Dec and I had some cheats during the holidays.
Then it suddenly just started falling off with no change in what I had been eating.
Give it time. Even without a dramatic weight loss, you will see a dramatic loss of inches and clothes size.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

you probably aren't doing anything wrong...

#1 are you eating every time you are hungry?

#2 are you eating until you are full??

#3 are you eating ONLY LDL approved foods??

if you answered yes to these questions you are doing nothing wrong, continue what you are doing and stay off your scale for another week or two...if you keep working the program, you WILL lose weight, if you have weight to lose! you will also begin to lose inches where you need to lose inches and your body will begin to reshape itself and you will lose your jiggly spots!! it's amazing!! :)

keep up the good work!!

blessings,
jo
Last edited by jsprik on September 4th, 2011, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jo makes a very good point about the inches.  Lately people have been telling me that I must have lost a lot of weight recently, however, I haven't!  I have lost inches and my clothes are fitting much differently.  My experience is that I lose inches, then I lose the pounds.  Have you measured yourself?  Are your clothes loser?  There are many ways to measure success!  If you follow the plan as written, you will succeed.  Pam
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

A couple more points I think need clarifying: 

How much weight do you have to lose?  If you're only 10-20 pounds overweight, it will be slow coming off.  People who need to lose over 100 pounds find the first 20 or so might fly off quickly.

and...

Are you really eating enough?  You have to fully fuel your body.  If you start cutting back on your food volume, your body will consider it "starvation mode" and conserve every ounce it can.  You really CAN eat a bunch and lose weight, as long as it's the right foods. 

Don't give up.  Just eat.  Enjoy every smoothie and bag of popcorn, and try out more recipes  Just as important as losing a little weight is feeling better.  I'll bet you are experiencing benefits from LDL that are more subtle than losing a few pounds.  Keep it up!
wondergirl
New, but learning

Post by wondergirl »

Thanks to everyone. greenheron you may be right-- I have never been a big eater (but always ate the wrong foods), so I may not be eating enough. However I am not hungry between meals like I used to be.  I have about 40 pounds to lose, I'm not going to give up, I think this is a great plan and really want to stay on it.  Thanks again. This is a great site, everyone seems so willing to help each other. To God be the Glory.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Wondergirl, Welcome to the best eating way on the planet.  It works!!!  Just keep doing what you are doing, and your body weight will get less and less.  All the ones who gave you advice know how it works.  Eat, EAT,Eat,  Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy, and then you will feel so much better.  I have been at goal for way over a year.  It seems strange even to me now that I can eat all I want without gaining any weight, and I still can wear the same size clothes that I wore last year.  It's wonderful.  I am so grateful to the good Lord for all His bountiful goodness.  Today was our annual Labor day party, and I feasted on the great LDL foods----Mexican chicken, fresh fruit, fried apples and raisins, Texas Caviar, deviled eggs, fresh veggies and dip,  and a big crockpot of bean soup.  There were a lot of other foods, but I'm not tempted to eat them. I have no desire for them.  I surely had my share of LDL foods.  It's great not to be craving and hungry.  :laughing: :thumbsup: JF