Sugar Free Popsickles

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Mastino1

Sugar Free Popsickles

Post by Mastino1 »

Is it OK to eat sugar free popsickles anytime I want one?  Are they allowed on LDL?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Sugar Free Popsickles

Post by LINDA RN »

Pretty much anything sugar free is LDL Legal.
But popsickles may not be the healthiest.
Many here have made their own using the juice off their canned fruit (no sugar added),
or smoothies satisfy and will hold you over longer.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

You can also freeze smoothies with sticks in the little dixie cups for frozen fruit bars.  :)

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Mastino1 »

Thanks!  I'm having a hard time justifying "satisfaction" when the sugar free popsickle has so few "calories".  This new way of eating will take some getting used to.
stl_viewer
New, but learning

Post by stl_viewer »

But it's worth it, Mastino. It's weird, but I have to admit, I weighed in about 30 lb. lighter after 6 months (I'm now 7.5 months in), without counting calories or craving breads, fried foods, etc., so I guess weird is okay.

BTW, you asked in another thread about eating/grazing/having an egg with your fruit, etc.  I think I would try to eat the way Roger describes in the book (he's not big into "grazing") as much as possible, at least for the first few days. That's what I did when I started. 

That said, I quickly noticed my stomach would growl hungrily an hour after a boatload of fruit, so I learned that I usually need have a little protein (an egg or two, say) or some lentil/split pea/bean soup for breakfast, whether I eat fruit with it or not. 

I think the really important thing here--and especially as you're starting out--is to (1) stick with allowed LDL foods when you *do* eat and (2) basically get rid of the grains (but corn is okay, if you tolerate it) and refined sugar (use fruit instead).  If you have a love affair with wheat products, start eating a lot of chili, bean soup, lentil or split pea soup, and/or winter squash (like acorn squash).  See if indulging yourself with big servings of these doesn't take the edge off of your grain addiction.

I don't think grazing is the worst thing in the world. I do often need a snack between meals. Maybe one day I won't. But I make sure the snack is LDL acceptable.  Fruit, popcorn, bean soup, veggies (a baggie of carrot sticks can be very satisfying, who knew?), etc.

--Lori
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, put Lori, and exactly right.
Until the cravings are gone, and it may take a few weeks, you can eat any LDL acceptable food anytime you are hungry and eat until full, no matter how many calories. Eventually you will find you are eating less and less, but it is never a good idea to try to cut porions or limit the time that you eat if you are hungry. Denying yourself will set you up to giving in to some non-LDL junk later.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...