What am I doing wrong???

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
ConB113
New, but learning

What am I doing wrong???

Post by ConB113 »

Hey everyone. I've only posted once on this board and that was last Monday when I started Let's Do Lunch.
I really thought I had lost a few Lbs. but this is my 11th day and so far I haven't seen any results which is a bit discouraging!! I have been doing my fruit for breakfast and only switched up lunch for dinner about 3 times (we were out of town) and doing my fruit smoothie or just fruit in the evening. If I'm still hungry I do more fruit, soy nuts or popcorn before going to bed.
Am I doing it all wrong?? I was so excited about this but am really depressed now!!!
I can honestly say that I have been feeling better and that's a miracle in it self since I am a bad diabetic and also have liver problems. I usually have almost no energy what so ever but I can feel that has changed some.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
I get so excited when I read your testimonies every day and I do want this to work for me so I will also have one to tell.
Roger, I saw you on the Morning Show here in Jacksonville a few weeks back and you touched my heart.
After buying your book and asking God to help me I then decided to try this. I am determined NOT to give up.
You are such an inspiration to us all!!
PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS.

JESUS IS LORD,
Connie
ConB113
New, but learning

Re: What am I doing wrong???

Post by ConB113 »

Roger, thank's so much for replying to my post. I feel so much better now that I know other people have experienced this same thing.
I WILL NOT GIVE UP!! I will be sure to keep you posted on my progress and again May God Bless You for everything you do for us.

Connie
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Hi Connie:  The only thing you did wrong was to get
on the scale.  I had to not do that for 4 weeks.  If I
had gotten on the scale, I would have been depressed
and quit this diet.  You will lose the weight.  I am
hypothyroid, and still lost 13 pounds, eating snacks
in the evening just like you.  I also was off the diet
3 times in four weeks.  BUT, I got right back at it the
next day.  I also do not exercise.  You will lose the
weight.  It takes your body a little time to readjust
it's chemistry from junk to good eating habits.  I also
live in the Jacksonville area.  If you want to talk on the
phone, here is my e-mail address Connie.  E-mail me
with your phone number and I will call you or I will send
you my phone number.  I want to help you any way I
can.  I am only 4 weeks into this diet but I know what
it is like to be discouraged from when I was on OTHER
diets.  My e-mail is chouse333@msn.com
Take care and God bless you.
Rachel
niki

Post by niki »

hi connie...don't be discouraged...like rachel said,what you did was just weigh yourself too soon....read "my success story in progress" that i posted at my 4 month point...i have an underactive thyroid...i lost 20 pounds in 4 months.....if you average that out,it's 5 pounds a month...but,that's an average...i went WEEKS without losing an ounce...........BUT,i didn't care...i felt good...and i didn't feel like i was even on a diet....NO CRAVINGS...that in itself is a blessing when you've lived from one craving to another like waves on the ocean...that alone made it worthwhile for me....so take the stress off yourself...i wanted to lose it slowly..i didn't gain it overnight...i want to keep it off.....i feel good about myself...and,isn't that a very significant teaching for christians?.....learning to love yourself so that you can love others?....i didn't have much respect for myself when i lived from one craving to the next......just make sure to do what roger tells us in the beginning...eat the sweetest fruit... enjoy homemade bean soups(loads of recipes on the boards)..eat until you're full....enjoy this wonderful way of eating and one day you'll just notice that your clothes are loose and when you go on the scale,you'll see a loss............................you're very special to the Lord and He wants you to succeed in this.......and you will...just keep doing what you're doing and don't be discouraged..............God bless you...................niki   
ConB113
New, but learning

Thanks to all of you!!

Post by ConB113 »

I am sitting here almost in tears for all the wonderful support from the people on this board. I am so amazed that so many of you ( Roger included) take the time to help and encourage all of the new members!!!
I know that when I finally get this weight off I too will continue to tell others about this great way of eatting and how awesome GOD was to send Roger to all of us.
Thanks so much Niki, Carleen,and Rachel. You are truly a blessing sent from above!!
Rachel, I will be in touch with you soon, I am so excited that you live close, maybe we will be able to Do Lunch one day in the future.

Gods Blessings to all of you,
Connie
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Sounds Excellent to me Connie.  They have a lot of
very nice restaurants at the Town Center.  I can show
you how I eat out without going off the diet.  We can
talk and support one another.  You are not alone.  Like
Niki said, God wants you to be successful.  For me, this
diet is like a miracle.  Another thing I do twice a day is
read my bible.  Especially the Psalms.  Our bodies are
made mind body spirit.  Sometimes, if you are craving
bread, like mine does - maybe you are just craving
"The Bread of Life" which is his word.  I find that when
I fill up on his word, I am really not so hungry anymore.
My doctor told me this week that our body knows what
it needs, that's why we get cravings sometimes.  We
must choose the RIGHT thing to feed the craving.  We
are changing inside and out.  We should also renew
our minds as well to go along with the new body.  We
must believe that all things are possible through Him.
All change begins in the mind.  Reading scriptures helps
keep everything in its proper perspective.
Rachel
jerry

Post by jerry »

I just registered with LDL a few minutes ago & have been scanning some of the discussion boards.  I'm embarrassed to say that I found the answer to my own question! I see that I have 2 neighbors in Jacksonville who I know in my heart will be there for me & I for them once I figure out what I'm doing.  If you Jax ladies ever do decide to "do lunch",  I'm asking to be invited along.  Maybe we can all help each other?  I'm so impressed with all that I've read so far.  Just wish the type wasn't spread all over the monitor for easier reading.  Or maybe it's just my puter.  God bless all of you & good luck with LDL!  Jerry
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Hi Jerry:  I too am a nurse and live in the Jacksonville
area.  We are all here to support you in this way of
eating.  I am borderline diabetic.  I keep my numbers
down with this diet and l/2 tsp. cinnamon added to my
coffe or fruit every day.  A study was done on cinnamon
and was found to prevent type 2 diabetes.  My whole
family uses it with great success.  We have diabetes in
our family.  Stay away from the more concentrated
sweet fruits such as dates, figs, any dried fruit.  You will