New to LDL

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
cshubbard

New to LDL

Post by cshubbard »

Hi,
My husband and I are beginning the LDL program as soon as we receive our book.  I tried to get him to start with me a year ago and he didn't want to; however, we both are in dire need of this and he is willing to do this now.  I would welcome anyone who would keep me accountable.  I need to lose 40 lbs and he needs to lose 100lbs.  I so hope we can do this together and get healthier, My husband has CML (leukemia) so this would help him tremendously.  He is in almost remission on the Gleevec.

Thanks for any support.

cshubbard
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: New to LDL

Post by witheraway1 »

Welcome to LDL, A VERY HEALTHY way to eat as you loose. Let us know how you are doing with it, and if we can answer any questions you might have. Good luck with your journey to skinnyville.  WITHER
cshubbard

Post by cshubbard »

Thanks Witheraway1; I am getting excited as I am looking at the receipes.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ditto to Wither's welcome message.  We're glad to have you here.  Many members have successfully started while waiting for the book.  There is so much information right here.  This healthy way of eating (woe) can only help nudge your husband back to health, you, too!  Eating whole and wholesome, health-promoting foods is how we should be eating!  This is not a diet, but a lifestyle plan for health.  Let us know how we can help you.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wecome CS,
Don't wait for the book to start, just start eating healthy whole, non-processed foods.
You may want to start clearing out your house of all the products that have wheat or other grains. The bread, crackers and cereal, not to mention, cookies and cakes, are the most troublesome to have around.
Have hubby read the book, Wheat Belly if he needs a doctor's input on why he needs this WOE (way of eating).
Again, welcome and have hubby join us in the discussions.
Most men aren't into it but invite him anyway.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome CS, we are glad to have you with us.
cshubbard

Post by cshubbard »

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Actually, we have very few sweets in the house; I am a reasonable healthy eater; however, my husband loves the starchy foods.  I started a year ago eating fruits for breakfast with smoothies and fruit, so my husband has already made step one.  I think it is also important when eating veggies and protein not to mix the fruit.  I have printed out a general menu for the week using the message boards...I'm hopeful we will be sucessful!!

Thanks for the welcome, by the way, how do you get the weight line graph I see on your replies?  Thanks 

Blessings to each of you this week!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

This should explain how to get weight ticker:

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=6217.0
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

cshubbard

Post by cshubbard »

Thanks so much

Brought a protein and veggie lunch with me today, hope hubby will do the same.
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Hello cshubbard,
Welcome. We're here when you have questions. Ask lots of questions. Visit this site often. You're journey to skinnyville begins here. Best of luck.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
cshubbard

Post by cshubbard »

One question, what is the best way to get calcium?  I eat lots of greens but was wondering what the book suggested.  With all the hype regarding calcium, I am not presently taking the supplement.

Thanks ato all who have posted.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

CS,
Dr. Mercola just had an article on the dangers of supplementing calcium.
Seems the vegetable souces are the best. I'll add the link here when I can get to the computer.

Found it! Here is the link to the article:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... _DNL_art_1
Last edited by LINDA RN on January 31st, 2012, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

cshubbard

Post by cshubbard »

Thanks !!  I would love to read it......Although, I have worked in medicine 20+ years, I am very holistic in my approach to health and living. I have many allergies to chemicals and drugs.  That was the reason I ceased taking the calcium supplement until  could find research.  Look forward to reading the article.
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!

Hope you find everything you need, if not, just ask!!! We are all here to help anytime we can!!! =)

Blessings to you both,
Jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com