THANKS LETS DO LUNCH!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Kenzi
New, but learning

THANKS LETS DO LUNCH!

Post by Kenzi »

Okay so I know im overweight, but I am fine with my weight. I know I need to eat healthy and everything so I try but the weight never comes off! Everyday im told I should lose 50 pounds to look "better"  I never thought I would lose it until this week when I did a weigh in, I just started this diet monday and Ive lost 5.4 pounds! I have a dance coming up February 25th, so im exited to lose more weight and look good in a dress! Thanks lets do lunch!!!
Last edited by Kenzi on February 3rd, 2012, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: THANKS LETS DO LUNCH!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Kenzi- Congratulations.  Isn't this just the most amazing plan you've ever heard of???  It will only get better and better.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Kenzie,
Your success is amazing but even more amazing is your ability to commit to this seemingly on your own.
I have talked to young peole about this many times but they just don't seem willing to give of the foods they are so used to.
I would really be interested in how you are incorporating this way of eating into your life.
Your success will help others. Can you share a sample of what specifically you are eating everyday and when (what time).
What is your activity level? What specific foods have you comepletely eliminated that seems to be the most helpful?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Kenzie,

That's what LDL is all about -- eating healthy by eliminating all processed foods.  And, an added benefit of losing weight.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

You are doing a fabulous job Kenzie, I am very happy for you!
Kenzi
New, but learning

Post by Kenzi »

LINDA RN, You would not believe how much I eliminated! I went from drinking a 32oz Dr. Pepper everyday to no soda at all!It was hard at first because I was so used to the caffine. And I would eat microwavable meals everyday when I got home, and then 2 hours later dinner!! During school everyday I would get like chocolate milk and rice krispie treats or a chocolate muffin. So i really didnt eat healthy. As for my activity level, (like most teens) I usually go home and just get on the computer or hangout with friends. But twice this week I have gone to the gym and did the oliptical for 20 minutes. To me even with all the junk I used to eat the diet is fairly easy. For breakfast (around 7:00am) I usually eat half a grapefruit and a banana. For lunch(1:05pm) I take some grilled chicken and add it to the salad bar for a grilled chicken salad. I am obsessed with blue cheese or caesar dressing, so I usually just dip my fork in. As for dinner, I usually make a smoothie. I use 1 banana 1 orange and about 4 strawberries. Also sometimes I add some fat and sugar free peach yogurt. If im hungry after any of these meals thats when I  when I bring out the frozen grapes! Also, I went from eating meat every single meal so sometimes I get a meat craving around dinner. If this happens, I will eat like 1 or 2 grilled chicken strips. Im not really into beans, but I some meals I do eat green beans. And im really not a fan of water, and giving up soda was kind of hard so I add Mio to all of my water.
Last edited by Kenzi on February 4th, 2012, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

WOW Kenzie, you are awesome!
To go from all the junk you used to eat to what you are eating now is quite an accomplishment.
Most people end up on a feeding frenzie (of all LDL foods as often as as much as they can stuff)for about 2 weeks until the cravings are gone before they can handle the LDL plan. You cut straight to the chase and you are doing wonderful!
You will be another poster child like our Katie Gregory was. You can look at her journal under her screen name jkgregory and her before and after pics in the gallery here:
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... iew;id=187
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... iew;id=314
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Kenzi
New, but learning

Post by Kenzi »

Thanks! I tried HCG before and that really was not healthy. Lets do lunch is a new way of life and I love it!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Where are you hiding that 48 lbs you say you have to loose? Your picture looks great. Keep up the good work.  Wither
Kenzi
New, but learning

Post by Kenzi »

Well... lets put it this way, its all in my belly and legs! I wear a size 15 pant and am no longer able to shop at all the stores I love!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Kenzi- You have to be so pleased with yourself and your progress.  You are such a beautiful young lady; imagine when you've reached your goal weight.  You will create a new popular way of eating (we don't call this a diet) at your school.  How did you find Let's Do Lunch?  I wish I could have started eating this way when I was a teenager.  I would have been trim and healthy (and happy with myself) all my life.  It's never too early or too late to get started on the healthiest and easiest food plan ever.  I so look forward to watching you attain your goals.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Speaking of Katie.....she lost her father this week. His funeral was today. I'm sure she would appreciate it if members of this message board would reach out to her. She's really having a rough time of it.

Prayers for Katie,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Kenzi
New, but learning

Post by Kenzi »

-MsHeirloom
I found this diet from family. My uncles and aunts went on this diet and lost a bunch of weight. So I decided to go on it. I love the diet and am already impressed with the results.
dd2collin

Post by dd2collin »

Kenzi you keep it up.  You will look great for your dance...Just wait... :thumbsup:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0lUia9/]
Idahoali

Post by Idahoali »

Kenzi - you are doing great, congratulations! I hope you are not putting too much pressure on yourself though. 50 sounds like a lot based on your saying your in a size 15. I'm guessing that's in Jr's, correct? That's probably something like a 12/14 in womens, which really is fairly average. Not trying to discourage you by any means - just want you to also keep in mind that beautiful comes in a variety of shapes and sizes! I think today's media has brainwashed us all into thinking we must look like Victoria's Secret models in order to be worthy of being called beautiful. But it's just not true! Something that even as an adult, I have to constantly remind myself of. 

So keep up the good work, and focus on being HEALTHY, since that's what truly matters. :) 
Started LDL 11/09, Fell off wagon some time in 2010. After a lot of different experiments, and failures, I've decided to come back! RESTART 01/13/12
Stats:
Goal Weight: 155
1/13/12: 179.4 (doc's office says 183)

Kenzi
New, but learning

Post by Kenzi »

Idahoali- Thanks!(: And im not really putting a lot of pressure on myself, just the right amount. I just want to look good because ever since like 7th grade Ive been called fat. My friends are always saying I would be gorgeous if I lost weight. And it kind of gets to you when its your bestfriends. But im tired of being the "fat friend" (seeings my biggest friend is like a size 6). Your right, beauty does come in shapes and sizes, but where im from people dont see it that way. Everyone here is only focused on looks and if you dont look good or dress a certain way they talk about you. I havent had this problem yet but I know its coming soon. Im doing it in a healthy way and im excited to see what ill actually look like once I lose this weight!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Kenzi- I see that you've set your goal weight at a very healthy and sensible BMI of 24.9.  Perfect!  Your body will tell you when it has lost the right amount.  It might be a little more or even a little less than your present goal.  I know you will do it.  Are other family members (in your home) eating LDL style?  What part of the country are you from?  Ideal body image does tend to differ in different regions.  Pam
Kenzi
New, but learning

Post by Kenzi »

Im from the Mid-west. My mom is doing ldl as well but she just started it today. And were doing everything to lose weight in a healthy way.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

You and your mom can have a friendly competition and a great deal of fun getting healthy together.  Pam
Kenzi
New, but learning

Post by Kenzi »

Its always easier to have someone on a diet with you. So I hope her being on it helps me more!