Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, tomorrow is the first official day of Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!  I hope everyone has gotten themselves ready spiritually, mentally, and physically for this challenge.  I was thinking that it is most important to open it up in prayer and ask God to bless us and help us get slender and healthy to better serve Him.  I love how Roger states that he believes we are put on earth to have a chance to love the Lord and to help God bless as many other people as possible.  So with that in mind,

Father God, You know our hearts, bodies and abilities.  You created us to give us the opportunity to know and love You and to use these bodies You gave us for Your glory.  We do desire to bless others and encourage others around us to become excellent and reflections of Your glory.  We thank You for leading us to this wonderful way of eating we call Let's Do Lunch.  Thank You for directing Roger to freely share what You've shown him, so that others could be helped to lose the weight that hinders their lives in so many ways.  We ask you to inspire each of us to eat creatively in a way that follows the LDL principles and to remember that we are blessed to have such delicious, colorful and satisfying life giving foods to eat.  Help us to keep good attitudes and see the truth about what we eat -- not feeling deprived, like we are missing out by not eating foods that will only make us sick and weak and fat.  Instead, we should rejoice that we get to eat delicious fruits, vegetables, beans and lean meats.  You have been so good to us and have given to us bountifully.  Thank You for the encouragement from our fellow LDLers (those still losing and those at goal) and the help we get from these boards.  Now, Father, we are believing You for a great victory for each of us.  Help us come to understand just what works for each of us -- since You've created each of us uniquely.   We ask for your blessings on our efforts to glorify You in these bodies.  In Jesus' name we pray.  Amen!

I was thinking that it would be beneficial if each of us took measurements and weighed ourselves tomorrow, and keep this information jotted down somewhere.  This is only for your personal use.  The day might come when you are discouraged and feeling nothing has happened, because the scale doesn't register a loss.  Well, you can check your measurements, which will actually be the more accurate indicator of weight loss.  We can report on Mondays the amount of weight lost (or gained) and we can figure how the group is doing individually and in total too.  (Also, find a pair of pants that fit snugly and use these to show yourself that you are losing -- when they become looser.   :thumbsup: )

I'm hoping that each of us will have things to share with the group.  Post ways to increase metabolism, recipes, your personal menu for the day, non scale victories, scriptures, positive quotes and whatever might encourage others.  We want to keep it honest, positive and helpful.  Also, confession is good for the soul, so I know there could be times when you might want to talk about a struggle you are having.  This is fine, let's just not let ourselves focus so much on it that we let it defeat us.  We will be able to help each other through those struggles, though, so that will be a positive part of it too.

Now, these are my thoughts on it, but please post what you think -- and what I might have missed.

Ready, set ---- begin!!
Last edited by crickadoodle on September 23rd, 2012, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tres

Re: Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by tres »

Amen!  I'm not sure why I can't commit to joining the group...fear of all the travel I have coming up I think.  Anyways, I'll be watching and cheering all of you!

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Tres, you can benefit from following us -- and we can benefit from you cheering us on!!  You can join us along the way, if you'd like.  I'm sure we'll have new people who join us.  Traveling is a little more of a challenge, but it is doable too.
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

:happy:Hi, I am excited to do this. And I love the measuring and weighing. Love the accountability to all of you. Need all the help I can get.  The greatest thing to me is how you include God in this program. Without him I could not do anything. But he has a way of putting people in your life to help you when you need it. And I believe this program is of God. So thank you all for being here. God bless Monday.
Have a really wonderful and blessed LDL [i]day.   Linda (Boots) Weller                           
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Linda, I know God specifically answered my prayer with LDL.  I asked Him for a LIVEt, not a DIEt.  I wanted something I could live with.  I wanted something that would get me to a healthy weight without having to be ravenously hungry and a grouch to everyone around me!!  :thumbdown:  I wanted to not harm my body to get it to a lower weight -- like having to resort to pills or surgery.  He gave me that and so much more with Let's Do Lunch.  It was truly an amazing experience for me.  It really works and God helped me get free from overeating.  I get satisfied now and don't keep looking for something to satisfy me.  That is the best thing of all.  Freedom!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

What a beautiful blessing Crickadoodle and a beautiful way to begin our new WOE - Seriously LDL.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Tres,
You can join in and challenge yourself without reporting.
Remember a "no-gain" is actually a victory also.
I tried to follow LDL when I started through the holidays when I started the 1st of November 2009.
I indulged somewhat, then got serious in Jan 2010. It was well into March or April before I registered any loss.
Seems when it fell, it fell off all at once.
Don't get discouraged. Just make the healthies choices possible.
Your body will thank you. If you have any questions as to what is avbailable when you travel and why you should avoid certain things, please ask.
Most of us have been there!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
tres

Post by tres »

I think that's what I'll do, so I'll feel like I'm part of it but have some flexibility.  Later, Linda, I think you are right I will be able to commit more.

So, good luck everyone!

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Off and running
Weighing in at 171.8 this morning. Down from what I had been before the test run, but still nearly 4 lbs more than a low of 168 back in April.
Goal this go-a-round is to get out of Obese to overweight and hopefully maintain tin the 150's.
That is a mediary goal.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, yes, Linda.  We are going to celebrate with you when you reach that milestone!!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Crick just wondering now that you are on this test run are you going to put your ticker back up?
Good luck to all!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

24SEP2012
Start:340 lbs
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome, Joe!  Sounds like you are ready to go!

Wither, I think I'll just report the weight I lose each week. I'm hoping to join you and JF really soon in the cheering section.  ;)  I'm thinking 5-10 lbs. will be great for me.  I don't intend on exercising quite as much as last time, so I don't think my lowest weight would be sustainable.  I just want to see with a walk most days and a little weight resistant exercises a week and eating LDL, where I'll wind up.  That ticker is a great encouragement, though, and I do recommend it.  It tells you your BMI and everything.  Great tool!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

SORRY YOUR NOT POSTING A TICKER, I agree it adds to the excitment to see how everyone is doing.
I noticed some are reporting on the roll call and some the other thread. It would be nice if evertone reported on the same thread, we could keep up with the success of everyone better....What do you think?
Last edited by witheraway1 on September 24th, 2012, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

Hi, I forgot to tell my weight. 169. Also want to do ticker and tried. But for some reason can't get it to copy or paste. But I am not very good on the computer but trying.
Have a really wonderful and blessed LDL [i]day.   Linda (Boots) Weller                           
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wither, I guess I could post on the other threads to make everyone aware of this new one. 

Linda, this is a link that explains how to do the ticker.  I don't know if you've alread seen this.

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=5083.0
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, this is a really good video that helps you want to stay away from sugar.  This is part two of a series of like 7 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndTEu_q ... r_embedded
Life4Now

Post by Life4Now »

Well it is just meant to be, lol. I've decided to come back (as I have seen other's have decided to do the same). Weighed and took my waist measurement. Want to get below 35 on the waist (so that is one of the long term goals).
Anyways, how exciting to see the high energy!!!
*love*
If your doing 90%, why do you worry about the other 10%
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

So which one do you want them to post on? This one or the roll call?
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I see everyone will not post on the roll call thread...good to know where to go.    :thumbsup: