fruit and candida

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
mpoinar

fruit and candida

Post by mpoinar »

Hello to everyone,

I got my book today and I have a few questions to ask here...

1. I've had an underlying candida problem since I turned 18 which is why I have stayed away from most sugars including fruits. The last few days I started eating lots of blueberries (since I had no other fruit around) and I noticed the candida problem coming back. My question is can I still lose weight if I eat no fruit?

2. That brings me to my next question. What could I eat for supper if I have no fruit that would be filling other than popcorn which I will be eating a LOT of for snacks, etc.

Does anyone have any good weight losing ideas for supper OR has anyone else had a candida reaction from fruit?

Thank you and God bless you,
Martha :)
niki

Re: fruit and candida

Post by niki »

hi martha....explain to me how you developed candidiasis and what you eat that exacerbates it...without knowing these things i would have said that eating the fruit by itself and waiting to eat anything else should help....and the absence of grains,nuts and seeds should be PARTICULARLY beneficial to you and you should see that benefit down the road somewhere(hopefully soon)...i often don't eat fruit at dinnertime.....i eat popcorn...or i eat a salad or bean soup.....you could eat any combination of these things....perhaps some fruits are easier for you to eat than others....i hope so because it is very nice to give your metabolism that morning jumpstart with fruit..........if i were you,i would limit the fruit intake to only breakfast and not eat it at any other time until your body benefits from the lack of the unhealthy carbs you have eliminated..........................niki
mpoinar

Post by mpoinar »

niki wrote:hi martha....explain to me how you developed candidiasis and what you eat that exacerbates it...without knowing these things i would have said that eating the fruit by itself and waiting to eat anything else should help....and the absence of grains,nuts and seeds should be PARTICULARLY beneficial to you and you should see that benefit down the road somewhere(hopefully soon)...i often don't eat fruit at dinnertime.....i eat popcorn...or i eat a salad or bean soup.....you could eat any combination of these things....perhaps some fruits are easier for you to eat than others....i hope so because it is very nice to give your metabolism that morning jumpstart with fruit..........if i were you,i would limit the fruit intake to only breakfast and not eat it at any other time until your body benefits from the lack of the unhealthy carbs you have eliminated..........................niki

Hi Niki!!!

I started getting candida when I started taking the birth control pill. I have had it ever since. I have been on a "all the fruit you can eat" in the morning diet before and it made the infection worse. It's very possible that I was stop eating the bad carbs (which I have done today) it will get better.

Anything sugary has increased the candida in the past and so will pizza and lots of cheese and breads. (there are those carbs again!) Proteins and veggies don't feed the yeast.

I do like the boost from the fruit in the morning, though, I have to admit that. Of course by lunch I was totally exceedingly HUNGRY!!!  :o

There aren't too many fruits I can eat because many give me a stomach ache. I have lots of allergies and those have been with me since childhood too. Blueberries I can absorb ok though.

We live kind of far from town so we have to wait a bit before we go shopping again. Then I want to get grapes also.

Ok, I will try those options for supper. I appreciate your help, Niki. :)
niki

Post by niki »

then i would say that what i told you is a good idea to do....things that ferment in your system are what exacerbates it..that's the reason you want to eat fruit by itself...do you have a price club where you are so that you can store up fruit in your freezer?....i freeze bananas too(besides grapes)..there aren't too many fruits you can't freeze.....and i think you'll be much better in not too long a time with the absence of the unhealthy carbs(and the absence of yeast in your diet)..have you tried taking acidophilus?....i looked to see what other supplements people take for candidiasis and i noticed oil of oregano and garlic....both of these are very commonly taken for various reasons...with garlic,you can get some of that fat burning benefit too..........God bless you........niki
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

Hi, mpoinar, and welcome to LDL!

I too worried about candida and the fruit when I started LDL and Little Mary has attached above what she said to me then.

Since I have been doing LDL I have found any 'candida' reactions much reduced though I must admit I never had it that severely -- got a bad reaction (by which I mean my abdomen 'bloating' and feeling painful and uncomfortable) after drinking wine, for instance, and some fruits. These days since doing LDL I drink very little wine (though I may have it more often once I get to my goal weight).

I find some fruits are much better than others for me -- I tend to 'bloat' a bit if I eat intensely sweet fruits -- too much mango, very sweet grapes and, oddly, pears, for instance -- while I can eat lots of apples and oranges without a problem. So you might find you react OK to some fruits but not others.

I have found that a lovely bowl (or so) of a bean soup at night, and/or a salad, particularly one made from 'vegetable fruits' such as tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, fills me up and I don't feel the need for lots of fruit, though Roger does advise us to eat as much of it as we can at the beginning of the diet so that we get 'addicted' to the natural fruit sugars it contains, and lose our addiction for other sugars.

Your body will guide you about how much fruit you can eat but I think you may find that as you get more into the diet your tolerance will improve -- along with many other ailments.

Have fun with all the lovely LDL food you can eat!

Rhea
mpoinar

Post by mpoinar »

-Hi Niki!! We are going to check out a price club today!  Since I read this, I have added acidolphilus back into my daily intake.  I used to take it all the time. Thanks for reminding of that. I LOVE garlic and just had a bunch in my bean soup. Oh was it good. :-) Thank you all for your mouth watering recipes!!! 

-Mary it's so good to meet you too. Your recommendations are excellent.

I already use Stevia as a sweetener and yes, honey feeds yeast like rain feeds weeds.

I have eliminated all the bad starchy carbs so I know that's going to help. Today is my first day totally on my LDL diet.

And yes, the omega oils, I take it in several sources and have recently added salmon. I don' t like fish or sea food but we found a garlic blackened salmon in Sam's Club that is just excellent and I can't get enough of it.

I will keep you updated thanks. :)

-Hi Rhea,

I'm really encouraged to hear how well you have done controlling or wiping out any candida. I am wondering if you reacted to the pears because of the mold in them? Candida and mold cross react with each other.

Speaking of bean soup there, I just had my first and I couldn't have enjoyed it any more. I made up the Mexican style black bean soup. Outstanding!!!

I have copied and saved your food suggestions. I have to admit that I'm absolutely starved all the time. (I am anyway before starting the diet too) I will eat until I'm full and hungry 1 hour later. I take it that I can snack up on the acceptable snacks?

niki

Post by niki »

hi martha.....popcorn,soynuts and if you can find them,dried roasted chick peas...they're soft so they'll be easy to chew and to digest........just keep eating until you're full...and with the absence of sugars and all those unhealthy carbs,you'll see the candidiasis improved and you'll also see yourself not needing to eat as often...i used to eat my morning fruit in the morning and then still be hungry and i used to make popcorn....i started varying the fruits and that satisfied me,so that i could wait at least a couple of hours to eat.....at price club,you'll be able to get frozen fruits so that you can have them on hand all the time and not be stuck until it's time to shop again...............God WILL bless you in this...you'll see.....niki 
mpoinar

Post by mpoinar »

Hi all,

I'm on my 7th day of LDL eating now and I have been following everyone's wonderful suggestions.

However no matter what I eat, I am starving again in one hour or two. I do eat a lot of bean dishes which I love. My appetite is the same so far as before I started the diet. I get so hungry I have stomach discomfort and intense food cravings. I'm doing the best I can and am snacking only on the suggested foods but I still have to eat at least every two to three hours throughout the day or night.

Has anyone else had the same symptoms?

Thank you and God bless you!
niki

Post by niki »

hi martha...you have to eat more of EVERYTHING allowable.......i am telling you that during the first couple of months,my daughter was telling me i would never lose any weight because i was always eating......you NEVER have to be hungry on this program...although,i have to say that i can't understand how you can have stomach discomfort after not eating for a couple of hours....i would say you should eat only fresh or frozen fruit for awhile and stay away from juices,dried fruits or even canned fruits(if possible)because the satiety value of the whole fruit is higher(how satisfying it is and how long it keeps you feeling full)....eat a variety of fruit in the morning to really have that full feeling.......and if you're hungry a couple of hours later...EAT...popcorn,soynuts,raw vegetables.....i can't stress enough how important the bean soups are(and corn and peas for that matter)...i would make sure i eat them for both meals and then ANY combination of allowable foods that you want.....if,a couple of hours after you eat your fruit in the morning,you're hungry for bean soup,eat a bowl of bean soup.....MAKE SURE you're eating enough lean protein at that one larger meal...on the days that i work,i don't eat as much....i didn't have bean soup at all on one of those days...the following day i made that spicy eggplant black bean soup that i just posted and it really satisfied me....or sometimes when i work,i have bean soup and fruit(kind of a flush)...the first day i'm off i often feel hungry for protein so i'll have a really good lunch............you have that dentition issue....edamame is the soy bean at a different stage of growth....i bought them frozen and boiled them and had the same quality protein as soybeans without the crunchiness that might be too much for you right now.....EAT...EAT...EAT all the allowable foods and don't worry about anything else.....in your mind,tell yourself the only reason you're doing this is to get rid of the cravings as if those cravings were a disease entity.....your goal at this point is NOT to lose weight(that's what i want you to tell yourself..that's what i want you to focus on)...this is the way God wants you to eat...continue to eat the allowable foods and He will bless you as He's blessed so many others...i'm going to pray for you....if you want,i could go over with you the food choices you're making...on the boards,or privately......in Him....niki
Last edited by niki on June 13th, 2006, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpoinar

Post by mpoinar »

Dear Niki,

First I eat only fresh fruit, never juices or canned fruits. Fruit has always made me hungry or hungrier!!! That's just the way my body has handled it since I was a wee one.  ;D

I have been trying to follow the book and not eat between meals but that was too hard because of my constant hunger. When I eat between meals I am sticking to only allowable LDL foods so if I do that, it's ok to eat eat eat whenever I'm hungry?

I always welcome prayers, thank you so very much. I would like to talk to you more personally, is there a PM system here? I don't see one from my Mac computer. Where can I give you my email address?

Thank you, Niki.
mpoinar

Post by mpoinar »

Awee thanks for the congratulations, Mary!!! Yes addictions are very hard to break.

You are saying (which I'm VERY HAPPY to hear) to eat whenever I am hungry - that's wonderful news!!!  ;D

On one day a lunch satisfied me for 5 whole hours. It was the "Roger Troy's burger" and that was scrumptious!!!  MMMMM MMM MMMMMMM!!!

I have already lost a few pounds! I cheated and weighed myself. PRAISE GOD that my body has started to respond already, WOW!!!!

My stomach is sticking out way more but I assume this is normal? I guess it would from the voluminous amount of food that I am eating.

I can't imagine getting any better support than I have here, thank you all so very much.

niki

Post by niki »

hi martha...you just keep up the good work....you're doing great...and now i understand...it says that you shouldn't eat unless hungry....but,you don't want to be hungry...EVER......that's why you need to eat good size meals...until you're full....satisfied......and in between,if you're hungry,you'll eat.............you can also send me a personal message..........have a blessed day.....niki
mpoinar

Post by mpoinar »

niki wrote:hi martha...you just keep up the good work....you're doing great...and now i understand...it says that you shouldn't eat unless hungry....but,you don't want to be hungry...EVER......that's why you need to eat good size meals...until you're full....satisfied......and in between,if you're hungry,you'll eat.............you can also send me a personal message..........have a blessed day.....niki

Hmmm... I eat until I have NO more hunger yet I can be hungry again in 1 hour. I had a huge lunch today and I ate for a whole hour. Then I slept for an hour and woke up famished!!! So I ate more.

Hugs to you, dear Niki!
niki

Post by niki »

you're doing everything that you're supposed to do...if you want to write out everything specifically,you could do that...and send it to me on the boards or send me a personal message..not amounts..but,what you're eating.....but,if you're eating all allowable ldl foods,you're doing good...........just keep up the good work....God bless..........niki     
mpoinar

Post by mpoinar »

I sent you a PM and congratulations on your recent 5 pound loss!

God bless,
Martha
Tori

Post by Tori »

Hey Martha!

Just wanted to check in with you to see how you are doing. (:
I hope all is well. Please keep in touch!