Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Diabetes type 2

Crick,
You can use your Facebook picture here by using the URL of your FB picture for your avitar.
Let me know if you need help with this

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Profile Send private message  

It has been over a year since I posted on this thread and after reading back I have come a long way baby! :D I was happy with a morning sugar of 125 and now it is below 100 most of the time. I laughed when I read about the crumbs, they are like gateway drugs!! :-o Last night I started with a few crumbs and ended up eating a large serving of dessert. That was a crummy choice!! =)) My sugar this morning was 133 and I was mad at myself! X(few crumbs are too much and the whole pan is not enough!)
Well, life goes on and I learn from it. My Hemaglobin A1C is 6 now, almost normal! Life is good.

*HUGS* I think we all learn from reading our old journals etc. :D Life IS good and you are making great headway!

Blessed and Loved,
LP

My Son became a severe diabetic in his early twenties. He changed his diet (very regulated) and within a few months was off of insulin shots and meds. He is pretty careful with the amount of sugar intake, even via fruit. Everyone's body is unique. What works for one may not work so well for another. It could be that your sugar intake (via fruit) is too much??

You are right on GF!! I have been eating more sugar and fruit than I have in the past, just because it is available and I am stressed out. I need to eat more raw veggies and fruit. I got a bag of apples for $.29 because there was 1 bad apple in the bag. I sauted them in 100% frozen apple juice concentrate and they cooked down to about 3 cups of apples. When I drink smoothies, there are 3 or 4 servings of fruit in 1 glass whereas 4 servings of fruit arranged on a plate make you feel like you have eaten more. I also eat stevia and splenda on my fruit and in my foods sometimes, so I am craving more sweets. Back to the basics!! No more excuses. I have come too far to go back!! I have been "going into the enemy's camp and throwing my weapons down" (quote from a song) This is a battle and I don't need to shoot another wounded soldier, especially not myself!! This is a simple plan of eating, but not always easy. Old habits must be broken. There is too much candy around this house and the kids don't need it either, but it's Easter and the chocolate eggs and bunnies?? So a holiday that celebrates life and resurrection is hijacked. Sometimes I act like a spoiled child!! I need to find my book and read it again!! I need to start writing my menus down too. God is so good! He created me to live life abundantly. I receive His forgiveness and accept His love. I am an overcomer because Jesus died and rose again. He came to give life and show us the way home. Life is sweet! :x

5/22/18
I will be 76 in November. It has been almost 6 years since I started this post. I quit taking insulin injections in 2014 and take Metformin 500mg twice a day when I remember in the evening. My last hemaglobin A1C was 6.7. I am down 50 lbs since I started the program in 2012. I have been stalled for a long time but since I retired in 2013 I have had much less stress in my life and actually look younger than when I retired. I love LDL but have a difficult time when I am on vacation with my children. They want me to cook their faves which are my faves too! They also like to eat out a lot. Here I am with excuses! I read a paper a number of years ago that said the less excuses a person had, the better their mental health is. People who blame their problems on circumstances and others have increased mental problems. Life is good and I am going to start taking some of my own advice.

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

5/26/18

I am also ridding myself of excuses

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.