where to buy - long island (niki, are you there?)

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
taragrace

where to buy - long island (niki, are you there?)

Post by taragrace »

hi niki!  i tried to email you a personal message a few times but i guess you didn't get them yesterday.

where do you get your soy nuts etc. on long island?

thanks!
tara
niki

Re: where to buy - long island (niki, are you there?)

Post by niki »

wow..that means you didn't get my response?....i told you that you could get soynuts and willow run margarine  from fairway in plainview or you could go to trader joe's and pay a little more...there's a health food store on broadway "eden's way" or something like that....i haven't been there but i think i'm going to stop thinking the local places are more expensive and try them...i actually told you to go to pathmark yesterday because they had cherries on sale.....i can't believe you didn't get that message..........that's not good............niki
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

wow, i wonder what happened.  i sent you 3 messages then i gave up by the time i leave work at 4pm. 

it's funny that you said pathmark, i actually too my daughter there last night and bought the cherries!  ha!  also, they had a big tub of roasted soy nuts.  i think it was $5.99 but i got them.  they are SOOOOO yummy!

i've been to trader joe's once a long time ago.  also was at eden's way once for some teething tablets for my daughter.  have not been to fairway but i always get the circular.

niki, wanted to ask you if you do any type of exercise since you started ldl?  also are you still losing now?  do you usually lose at a steady pace....?

thanks again!  tara 
niki

Post by niki »

actually,i just posted a reply on the discussion board called "a new frame of mind" where i told rhea that i lost another 5 pounds today...i had noticed that my test pants fit me better yesterday and so i weighed myself today for another 5 pound loss..total 30 pounds....but i would say that at 30 pounds in  almost 6 months,i average a 5 pound/month loss.....after responding to rhea,i got my workout clothes out and did crunches,pushups,squats and lunges with weights...felt pretty good...................niki
Last edited by niki on July 7th, 2006, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

congratulations!  that's great!  30 pounds!  woo hoo!  must feel great!

keep going!  i hope to be right behind ya!
niki

Post by niki »

hi tara...it's great to be 54 and NOT fat...i got out all the size 12 pants the last time i lost 5 pounds and i could barely get them on...now i can get them on but they're snug..i never thought this would happen to me..i was hitting 200 pounds and had just thought that that was that..my ideal size is a size 10....i have a large frame....forget about my cheekbones..i want to see my hip bones.....haha.....niki
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

that's great niki!  i am wearing a tight 14 now....i have a large frame too but i hope to get down to a 6 one day!  i'd settle for an 8 or 10.  i don't think i ever was a size 6! 

how much more do you want to lose?
niki

Post by niki »

15-20 pounds would be good.....but ANOTHER wonderful thing about eating this way is that if you keep eating this way,you'll just keep losing until you're at your ideal weight...i don't want to be smaller than a 10..but i'm not young..if i was younger,i'd look to get REALLY thin......that was a question i asked you in one of those e-mails you didn't get yesterday....are you my age(i just turned 54 today)or are you younger(more like my daughter's age)?.....niki 
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

hi niki, i am going to be 35.  i have a lirtle girl, gianna who just turned 2 in april.  how old is your daughter? 

i've always been big-boned but i've seen people go from size 16 to size 2 so i say, why not me?  i believe you can change the shape of your body.  i'm just trying to figure out how.

i recently discovered t-tapp.  you should check out their website.  i really like doing the t-tapp exercises but find that i'm not consistent enough that is why i'm not getting results.  plus, if you're not doing the moves right, you won't lose the inches they say.  i'm determined to combine t-tapp with LDL in order to become a sexy mama!  :)
niki

Post by niki »

oh you're young tara....you SHOULD be a size 6 AND you will................i went on this t-tapp website....explain it to me in a nutshell...and what is it they do that people don't get loose skin...........
  my daughter is going to be 29...my son is 26..AND my grandson is 6..............they all live with me....they all grew up in massapequa....................niki   
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

hi niki!  hope you had a nice weekend.  i don't get to go on the computer too much at home so i'm usually only on during the week at work!  :)

i have not tried t-tapp long enough to know if it really works or not, but i am hopeful.  the exercises are INTENSE so you really work up a sweat without all the jumping around like aerobics, which i like.  but somehow the specific moves and way you are supposed to be in the correct position, you are supposed to lose inches.  i ordered the book and the moves are too hard to follow by looking at pictures so i ordered the 15 minute video.......then the full 45 minute workout.  i think i'm only going to try to do the 15 minute video every day and see how i do.  i am up at 5am for work and go to bed as late at midnight somehow can't make time for myself.  my fault. 

how do you get to Fairway in Plainview from mass park?

thanks!  have a great day!  tara     
niki

Post by niki »

hi tara....you can get willow run at fairway and i.m. healthy soynut butter(just make sure you pick the right one)and soynuts for $1.50/lb..i never looked for the cornthins..they might have them too......funny that best yet has roasted chick peas and so does key food(which is in queens)but fairway doesn't...........i usually take seaford oyster bay to old country rd heading east......you make a left on manetto hill rd.......you could also take the expressway to manetto hill rd....but,i usually get off at old country rd and go the first way i told you.......once when i was going to my father's house in queens,i went to fairway and then right to my father's since by going to fairway i was halfway to my father's house....the back of his house is on the long island expressway(of course,when he bought that house after getting out of the army after ww2,the long island expressway didn't exist(it was a dirt road that i remember crossing when i was a kid).............i also remember when a pack of cigarettes and a gallon of gas were 50 cents.................
  well,so much for the stroll down memory lane.....i expectantly await the time when we receive our glorified bodies that will never be sick(thereby rendering my chosen profession as a nurse obsolete)and will be ageless.........forever to be with the Lord...............God bless.......................niki
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

Thanks Niki, hey, IGA in town happen to have roasted unsalted chick peas last night so I bought them.  Gotta tell ya, I don't luv them!  I put salt on them.  Still didn't luv them.  I sprayed a little olive oil spray on them.  Still didn't luv them.  Do you just eat yours plain?  I really DO love the soy nuts.  So does my daughter! 

Maybe chick peas are like beer.  You either love it or hate it.  I hate beer too!  :)
niki

Post by niki »

tara...try eating them with raisins.....i absolutely love them...i brought roger some and he said he liked them better with raisins.........i grew up with these,so i love them just the way they are.....i would like them better with raisins,but i told myself that i would wait until i was at my ideal weight to eat dried fruit(although,i might ammend that and might start adding raisins myself.........but,you're young so you could eat them with raisins(and lose)....golden raisins are better...i bought organic golden raisins from waldbaums on sunrise hwy(they sell them loose next to the produce section)...the greek place i go to sells them salted also,but i actually prefer them unsalted.....you could put them in your blender or food processor and make flour that you could use to make meatballs and oven fried chicken......make sure to use plenty of salt(i didn't write down amounts)sea salt is better.....when you make meatballs with breadcrumbs,the breadcrumbs already have salt in them and you add extra salt....so the chickpea flour has no salt at all,so you have to liberally add it......................
  so try these couple of suggestions and see what you think....i had forgotten that i had wanted to make oven fried chicken...i'm going to do that this week..........niki
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

thanks niki, i keep raisins for my daughter in the house so i'll try adding them together.

i see the recipes for hummus on the site.  do you make it too?  i was wondering if you make it, do you just eat it like that?  or put them on the wasa crisps?   
niki

Post by niki »

hi tara........i don't use any of that stuff...the wasa bread or occasional hard pretzels or cornthins.........but,like i told you,you're a lot younger than i am and should have no trouble losing eating that stuff....as it is,i lost 5 lbs/month not eating that stuff...i haven't wanted to lose slower than that,although i might consider it at this point...when you lose weight at my age,your face can look like a balloon that someone let the air out of...and if losing more slowly will help that,i might consider it....after all,i'm going to be eating this way forever.....
   i don't make hummus.....i made falafel once but i haven't made it again since that time...that's another thing that i need to add more salt to the next time i make it...i made it too bland............but,you could do that...make hummus and  use raw vegetables and wasa and corn thins for dipping..go through the boards for the exact name of the cornthins...i'm going to do that the next time i go to fairway(look for them)my friend at work would like to do this program but is limited by what she can eat...but,she could definitely eat those....................niki
Last edited by niki on July 11th, 2006, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

oh, and how do you make your oven fried chicken too?

thanks again! :)
niki

Post by niki »

hi tara...i'm going to make oven fried chicken today....chickpea flour,seasalt,black pepper and paprika.......a nice mixture of that stuff......an eggdip first and then dredged in the flour mixture.....i'm going to put it in a teflon pan in the oven with a little bit of oil on the bottom.....maybe a 375 degree oven............i'll let you know how it turns out.....i only dredged chicken in chickpea flour once and fried it in a little oil in a teflon frying pan just to see if it would work and it came out nice and crispy..........so,let's see how this goes......................niki