almost there

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
rhernan216

almost there

Post by rhernan216 »

Hey guys just wanted to update you. I haven't broke the 300# mark yet but it is in sight. I weighed this weekend at six weeks into LDL and down to 302!!!!! 26 lbs in 6 weeks. Man have i started a revolution at work. all kinds of people asking about the diet because now they are really noticing the difference. someone even asked me what kind of drugs was i using to lose so much weight so fast...I had to laugh out loud on that one!

rh
Richard Hernandez
niki

Re: almost there

Post by niki »

that's great,richard...bravo..;D ;D ;D...it's a great feeling,isn't it?.......that's wonderful.........and as you get thinner and thinner,you become healthier and healthier...and now,let the revolution begin...........niki 
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

one of my customers and is wife have started the diet. they have been looking for  something. They are christian based and did not want anything that was new age, techno science or fad derived. I let them know that we give all our Praise and Glory to our Father in Heaven for this diet...He is great!!! They have the book now!

rh
Richard Hernandez
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Richard, I am so proud of you...keep up the good work and praising God for the blessings!!
ANG
KAT
New, but learning

Post by KAT »

WOO HOO!!! Way to go Richard!
Kat
Tori

Post by Tori »

Awesome, Richard!!!
Keep it up, my friend! You are an inspiration to us all!  ;D
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

That is so exciting to hear. Congratulations!
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Rich,

You are definitely an inspiration to me. Glad to see your success !! Knowing it's working for you only helps me. As the young'uns say, you go gir.....errrr.. you go guy !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

Thanks Guys...
My advice to all newbies on LDL...I know you are excited about your new diet and way of eating. Please be cautious about sharing your excitement. At least right away. It was hard for me but i waited for a couple of weeks until my system had adjusted. I ran into and still do run into lots of negativity from co workers and even some extended family members. They all know me as the Big Ole Mexican Guy. party hard and Always eating good and plenty. They look at me with that yeah right Rich...another diet,huh?  Well I can tell  you now they are taking notice. My tummy is going away and my face has lost lots of character (lol). They ask me if I am still doing that lunch thing and I just tell them yes. i advise them to visit the website. Get yourself going on LDl build your confidence and will power to resist temptations of food. Only through your actions will they belive you. I am in sales and take customers to lunch...eating the right way even at lunch makes an impression and they know I am serious. Also a great way to show them that even if you go out for lunch you can still order good food and eat healthy.

Remember Crabs in a bucket...people are like crabs in a bucket...when one sees one becoming successful and almost getting out ...there is always one ready to clamp on to you and drag you back into the bucket.

I had one lady in the lunchroom going on an on about my diet would kill a diabetic and with all the fruit and beans, corn and other stuff this diet would not be possible. I just smiled at her and said you are probably right. I was not going to let her drag me into the bucket with an argument. My weight loss will do all of the talking i need.

rh
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

richard..the Lord has really given you the gift of wisdom....you're so right........people ARE like crabs in a bucket.........people are so unbelievable sometimes...as if they're going on let's do lunch is doing you a favor...
  i've been at the job i'm at for about 2 1/2 yrs..since i've been here,i did low carbs for about 5 pounds and then went off..that was almost when i first came there so they've never really seen me diet...i never mentioned it until people saw me hiking my pants up....i haven't had people respond the way they have to you....i have had them tell me they'd rather stay the way they are,rather than give up bread and pasta...and i HAVE told them that once they stop eating those things,they won't want them...NOONE ate more of that stuff than i did.......or they'll tell me they don't like some of the allowable foods..then look at someone like tom who doesn't really like them but looks for palatable ways to eat them because eating this way is important to him..i can understand when someone is allergic to some of the stuff..i think that's rough.........and as for diabetics...i always look for input on the progress of diabetics and i get only good reports....i have never heard from a diabetic that they have to go off this program because their blood sugars are too high...on the contrary,this eating BECAUSE of the absence of grains,potatoes and rice is IDEAL for diabetics AND will keep MANY of us from becoming diabetic..........
  i can't tell you how often i have to restrain myself from saying "when they come up with a hot fudge sundae diet,i'll let you know"..............i think this is probably a lot like witnessing to people about the Lord....the WAY we live our lives is more important than the words out of our mouths.......have a blessed day.............niki     
Last edited by niki on July 27th, 2006, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Congratulations, Richard!  I love reading all these stories.

My name is Carolyn and I just joined the board a couple of days ago.  I now have ONE DAY of eating under my belt.  It's been good so far.  I, like most of you am a veteran weight loss expert.  I've lost a lot of weight and put a lot more back on. 

I wasn't always heavy.  I went through 3 pregnancies and looked pretty good.  Lost all my weight each time.  And then life got in the way... many things contributed to my weight gain, but basically being unhappy kept me fat.  Too long of a story, but now I am extremely happy... and can't seem to get myself motivated.  Notice I didn't say that I couldn't lose weight - of course I COULD - I guess subconciously I decided I didn't want to.

It was quite by accident that I found RT's book - was ordering books online and needed "one more" to qualify for free shipping.  I happened upon it and thought it sounded interesting.  Little did I know!!!  I read it in one day and was so excited!  I KNOW I can do this.

I had Mary's Pizza Soup for lunch - OH MY!!!  FANTASTIC!!! 

More later - Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

hey carolyn........that's great..you're already on it..already cooking....you're going to love this..eat as much as you want....NO CRAVINGS......that's what the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds does for you....check out the bean soup recipes...you can't eat too many beans..they help KEEP your blood sugars stable.there are a couple of posts about what beans do for you......keep snacks handy......especially in the beginning,NEVER BE HUNGRY......welcome to our boards...........niki 
leanerme56
New, but learning

Post by leanerme56 »

Congratulations Richard!!!!!!!!!    I love the "crab in the bucket "   ;D
Its sooo very true..

My name is Darlene ...like you I have met so many of those "crabs"  ::) 
I'm so very happy for you!     ;D   I just feel so pleasantly FULL now and happy I can't put into words.  I just love LDL and thank GOD for all of you.  I never thought I could be this full with absolutely NO cravings. Its my 13th day and  Yesterday for the first time in 25 yrs of my married life ...I cooked for my husband and skipped my evening soup because I was still full from the pizza soup (yum!) I had at lunch.  I had frozen grapes watching tv and woke up with no  hunger.  For me that is amazing!  I love to EAT and that is what I"m doing!!! I really can't believe it.  I even endured a birthday party and all I could think of was making a smoothie... ;)   God Bless you all and you all are in my heart and prayers as we can do this all together :)
niki

Post by niki »

i know..isn't it great?...i never get tired of saying it...i lived from one craving to another...so for me,this is just too unbelievable...this is the first time in my life that i don't have to avoid buying my favorite junkfood for my family..i used to buy the stuff i didn't like that much so that i would be less tempted to go off whatever diet i was on......now,who cares?...you eat when you're REALLY hungry and after you eat,you're satisfied and full..now wait until all the excess weight comes off and you are at your ideal weight....i honestly do not understand how ANYONE can hear about this and NOT try it.......God bless you....niki

Last edited by niki on July 27th, 2006, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

well guys i finally broke the mark...ta da!!! Sound the Trumpets and release the Hounds!!!

weighed myslef and now sitting at 298...did you guys hear the SONIC BOOM when the scale didn't cross the 300 lbs mark this weekend?

Life is so great and my commitment to LDL has become so much stronger. I even went to the local GoodWill to find some slacks and shirts to hold me over as i continue to lose wieght. Did not want to buy anything new for now as I know the weight will continue to drop and no sense on buying new clothes as they will only be in my closet a short time. So much energy, So much Food and hey i have even been told by three different people that my complexion even looks different. They said it looks clear and smooth and my skin color is great.

I have no doubt the great LDL foods are the factor in my complexion. my hair is growing very fast and so are my nails. I feel much better now than i ever did even when i was taking all kinds of vitamins. Just my opinion...I think the food supplement and vitamin industy is so successful because we as a nation have such poor diets and WE all need these daily regimens of vitamins to replace what we are not feeding ourselves when we are on junk food diets.

the fruits and veggies plus he proteins that LDL provides is what the Good Lord ordered all along. No longer are we slaves to the cravings for bad foods.

rh
Richard Hernandez
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

I heard it here in NY, Rich! I did, I did! Whooo-hooooo! I'm thrilled for you and know the high you must be riding right now! Yowza.... You guys here are just having smokin' good luck here and are truly an inspiration to those that are walking the path with you. Wishing you continued success in your quest for better health! Keep that grin on and keep posting!! :) ...nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

well,kathy heard the sonic boom...but i heard the trumpets...that is SO awesome...it's such a wonderful feeling....and i understand the obcession too....and isn't it a WONDERFUL obcession to have to healthful eating that improves the quality of your life and extends it besides...keep up the stupendous work!!!! ;D ;D ;D

God bless you........................niki
Last edited by niki on August 3rd, 2006, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeandolleen

Post by jeandolleen »

Congrats Richard , we are all proud of you.  Keep up the good work.  I started LDL 5 weeks ago and my husband decided out of the clear blue sky to do this with me.  One night we were eating our dinner and my husband grabbed a salad dressing that has some sugar in it, (which I had out for our daughter.) I told him to take it easy with it because of the sugar, he put that bottle down so fast that you would have thought it was on fire.  He has had high blood pressure and been on medicine for several years but since he has been doing LDL (which we do at dinner) his medicine has been cut down twice, now he is taking 1/2 pill every other day and pretty soon he will probably be off all together.  His pressure is normal and has been for over 2 weeks now.  Keep up the good work and God bless.  Jean  8)
niki

Post by niki »

jean,that's wonderful that your husband is doing the program with you...and wonderful to hear that his blood pressure is down and he's almost off medication...that right there reduces SO MANY risks to his body.........both of you,keep up the good work...........niki
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

WTG Richard!!!

Patty