Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys

Post by joecaracappa »

This morning at 8:05 AM in what used to be my kitchen,  half a frozen banana, orange juice, cantaloupe and casaba where piled into my food processor. Everything seemed normal at first but then disaster. The only thing I can figure out is that one of the blades locked onto the frozen banana and caused a swirling motion within forcing pureed fruit to come pouring out of every seam and out the top.

It wasn't pretty! My once white cabinet doors are now streaked with orange goo as well as the counter, the floor, the dogs and my clothing.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident, the dogs seemed to enjoy it and Angelica (our wonderful cleaning lady) is due this afternoon.

Unfortunately, Angelica only understands about every third word of english and my Spanish does not go beyond "Una cervesa por favor", so to leave her a note of explanation may result in strained relations with Mexico.

So my question is: Is it time to buy a decent blender or do I just give Angelica a raise?

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Re: Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys

Post by joecaracappa »

It's a melon, maybe I spelled it wrong, might be "cassaba", no that does not look right either.

JOE
niki

Post by niki »

joe....i am so sorry but i can't stop laughing......there's nothing worse than making that kind of a mess...........thank God noone got hurt and once cleaned, your kitchen will recover.............
   so if i read this and i had been making smoothies,i would cut bananas,strawberries and even melon(including casaba)in small slices before freezing to take the strain off my blender....niki
Last edited by niki on July 26th, 2006, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tori

Post by Tori »

Oh, my! How we can all relate in some form or another!
Here is some fruit, just for you, Joe!

niki

Post by niki »

i am laughing so hard,i have tears in my eyes...and i can just see you joe,standing in a kitchen that is no longer white and i know  that it's not really funny...but,i can't help myself.............
  they say laughter is the best medicine and between let's do lunch and you,we're all in great shape.......
  i'm sorry....but now,i'm really laughing at these little guys that are right over there..see them?.and every time i stop laughing,i scroll back to the little dancing fruit and crack up again......it's the best laugh i've had all week.........thank you SO much.........niki   
Last edited by niki on July 26th, 2006, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Thank you ladies:

I will be slicing frozen fruit hereafter and I love Tori's dancing produce.  It is good to have friends.

Joe
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

You made my day...I thought things like that only happened around my children!!!I would recommend doing both....a new blender and a raise for Angelica...with a name like that she must be worth it!!
ANG
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

Comedian Andy Andrews once said..." Dilemma + Time = Humor "

He has a wonderful book out called "Storms of Perfection". This book is about the trials and tribulations successful people went through before they became famous or rich. It is heart warming and also very inspirational. We all on LDL are going through our storm of perfection. We have a our good days and bad...we still have mountains to climb and oceans to swim but with the support people like Niki, Roger, Mary and Tori give us we can all make it.

God Bless,
RH
Richard Hernandez
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys........Epilogue:

I arrived at my front door around 6:45 PM last night expecting an orderly living room and the distinctive scent of pine cleaner in the air.

Finding neither I came to the conclusion that Angelica had not come that day.

I crossed the living room and gently placed the take out in my hands on the dining room table (Sharkey's Naked Menu of course) and glanced into the scene of that morning's disaster.

The orange goo of my AM mishap was completely gone, I only wish I could say the same for the 60,000 ants that did the job.

I then did what any reasonable man would do............................Closed the kitchen door, ate dinner and went to the movies (Ironically, we saw a film about a possessed house).

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

that's great, joe.....and while i was over here,i just visited with the dancing fruit...they're still dancing....niki 
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

When they stop dancing, I'm going to eat them.

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

in that case,they're going to dance FOREVER....niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

It will be a swift and delicious death.

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

they're not afraid of you.....you have to catch them first....niki
Tori

Post by Tori »

ROFL!!!

You see, *this* is why LDL works .... it's not just about the amounts and types of foods you eat, it is about the *family* that we all have become. Friends who understand one another, (and can laugh, cry, pray with, and encourage one another!) are what truly make the LDL way of life worth living. You all are fantastic!!! 

Come on now ... group  hugs!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Yeah, I wish we weren't so spread out, I would love to host an LDL "family" BBQ at our home or maybe we should do a "family" reunion.....Vegas anyone?

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

personally,i'd rather wait until roger is on oprah....no,he isn't scheduled yet...but it's only a matter of time...AND,it won't surprise me if we hear soon that he's going to be on "the view"...in that case,i'm a train ride away.....when i was in the audience of "the view" with roger and his family,i was the only one in this area...now tara lives right near me,kathy is upstate ny and tom lives in jersey..it would be wonderful to have a few success stories in the audience to support roger and his promotion of this program..................niki
Last edited by niki on July 28th, 2006, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

we can all meet at george w bush's..is there anyone that'll have a problem getting clearance?....i shouldn't have a problem as long as they don't go back too far...my grandmother had a still she used to make moonshine during prohibition...................niki
Last edited by niki on July 29th, 2006, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.