day 1

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MaryAnne
New, but learning

day 1

Post by MaryAnne »

Here I go with day 1-.

[shadow=red,left]August 1st 2006[/shadow]
[glow=red,2,300]Today is the first day of the rest of my life!![/glow]

Still haven't gotten my book, but with the help of all of you I think I get the jest of it, anyway  here is my daily intake today.

Breakfast
Banana 1 cup of coffee

Mid Morn Snack
Bag of Micro Popcorn - lite butter Act II & Diet Dr Pepper

Lunch
Can of Chili Beans-(I read the label no sugar or grain thickeners)

Mid Afternoon Snack (My weakest time- when I get home from work 3:30-4:00)
Banana and watermelon

Diner
Stir-fry
Chicken Breast, red pepper, bean sprouts, mushrooms, onion, broccoli
stir fry in sauce made from 1 eggwhite, 2T lite soy sauce, 2T ricewine vinegar, 2T water
(wasn't sure if cornstarch was allowed so i used the eggwhite to thicken sauce)

Corn on the cob with willow margarine spread

It is now 9 pm and I am feeling hungry?

I am going to make a smoothie for evening snack and my little one is begging for one LOL
probably strawberry, grape slush-made from frozen strawberries, grapes and flavored water.

Thanks for your help. I hope my book gets here soon!
niki

Re: day 1

Post by niki »

hi maryanne....i didn't realize when i got your e-mail that you posted this info on the boards also.........just check your e-mail for my response...........niki
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hello and welcome, MaryAnn! Niki probably said in her email to you about snacks and  how you might tweak your plan a bit, so I'll only say.... if a banana and coffee will fill you up in the morning, then go for it, but the idea behind eating this way is to eat until full at your 3 main meals a day. If you have a smoothie, a really big one, it should hold you almost until lunch time, if not right until lunch time. Put in several kinds of fruits, fresh and frozen, maybe some spinach and beans, and really make a very substantial drink. Or just eat all your fruits out of hand if drinking them doesn't appeal . The idea is to be full! And for lunch, I would take those beans that you want to eat and either eat them with a big salad, in a big salad, or on top of some kind of cooked greens. They really taste so good that way, and the addition of greens, which provide some bulk and are very low calorie, go a long way towards staving off hunger and will provide optimal nutrition. Good luck as you continue on the journey! :) nyKath
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

I am not a big morning eater so a banana is about all i can get down and i eat that in the car on the way to work. then mid morn is when i really wake up and am ready for breakfast. today i brought watermelon with me. I don't know why i got hungry last night i am usually not a night time eater at ALL. I alway tell my family after dinner that the kitchen is closed, cause i don't want to clean it up again and i don't like dished in the sink overnight. Last night my strawberry grape slush was great and hit the spot. I made it through day 1  woo woo now today is the first day of the rest of my life.
thanks for all your feedback..i can do all thinks...you know the rest
mary anne
niki

Post by niki »

hi maryanne..with time,as you eat less at night,you'll be hungrier in the mornings...and late morning is fine...in fact,you can wait until you get to work and are hungry to eat your morning fruit...that's what i do when i work days...niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

oooooh - hot and sweet banana treat???  Sounds wonderful!!!  I'm going to have to go look that one up!!!!!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

Mary,
I don't have the can anymore. I got them at HEB. It was an off organic brand. I am sure I will buy again. I will let you know.
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

i will check and see....and no I wouldn't know ingredients in or out...my book hasn't arrived yet...i am doing this by what i have read and help from other members
i have to have a salty snack in the afternoon....some people have sweettooth i have cruncy salty tooth :-)
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

is popcorn bad?
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

ACT II ingredients
Popping corn, palm oil, salt, less than 2%: butter, natural and artificial flavors, color dded, freshness preserved with TBHQ and Citric acid. Contains egg and milk.
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

thank mary, i will look into it AS SOON AS MY DARN BOOK GETS HER ???
then i can see the one he recommends and probably a few other things i have been missing LOL
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Hi Maryanne,

The popcorn brand that is in the book is Orville Redenbacher SMART POP 94% fat free. I have seen it at every grocery store I have gone to & I eat it every night. I just bought a huge jar of popcorn so when my Orville runs out this time, I am going to make my own with an air popper.  :)
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

Thanks hopefully my book will arrive soon
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Hi Maryanne

I have my book and Roger's store bought popcorn recommendation is: Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Smart-Pop Microwave.  It is very good especially when sprayed it with Pam's Olive Oil Spray.

God Bless

Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
niki

Post by niki »

hi guys..i buy walmart's 2 lb bag of popping corn for $.88 and use it with my orville redenbacher hot air popper and most of the kernels pop and they pop big and fluffy...niki 
Last edited by niki on August 7th, 2006, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
imkay

Post by imkay »

i too have an orville redenbacher air popper and i LOVE it!! i use it at least once a day and it makes the best popcorn!  and i like that i can control the amount of salt that is used. i got it at kohl's for about $20. and like niki i get the cheap popcorn so it saves a bunch when you eat as much popcorn as i do!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice