hypothyroidism(an underactive thyroid)

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
niki

hypothyroidism(an underactive thyroid)

Post by niki »

i can't believe the one disease process i forgot was my own...hypothyroidism....just the fact that i'm ABLE to lose weight is a testimony to what let's do lunch can do for hypothyroidism....i was so tired that i ate all the unhealthy carbs and loads of sugar always feeling that that would give me energy...i took so many supplements thinking that that would help and nothing helped my fatigue.......cellfood,sun chlorella,green tea extract and noni juice...........ONLY LET'S DO LUNCH HELPED ME..............i have in the last month started my program of weights and have started power walking again......
  i know that there are people on these boards who have hypothyroidism like i do.......i'd love to hear your story and document your progress on this wonderful program of eating...when you have an underactive thyroid,it is very difficult to lose weight even when you are on the right dose of the right medication...people that come on these boards need to know that WE are successfully losing weight on this program....
   so,if you have this problem,please share with everyone how you're doing because just the fact that you're on let's do lunch and are losing is a success story.....thank you..........niki 
Last edited by niki on August 3rd, 2006, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary E

Re: hypothyroidism(an underactive thyroid)

Post by Mary E »

Hi Niki,
I'm Mary E and new to LDL. In addition to being on coumadin, I'm also hypothyroid.  Since I just started, I'll keep ya posted on my progress.  Weight loss has been a serious challenge since the hypothyroid diagnosis.
Have a blessed day!
Mary E
niki

Post by niki »

if i was able to lose weight with my underactive thyroid,you will too,mary..you might prefer to eat the whole fruit in the beginning to really jump start yourself....but i would eat 2 BIG bowls of popcorn a day in the beginning and i still lost an average of 5 pounds a month......this is the BEST way of eating i have ever known........niki 
^^tracy^^

Post by ^^tracy^^ »

ok....here goes.....
first let me start by saying "HELLO"...i'm tracy...and as you can see...im a newbie.....i heard about LDL on the news yesturday....been here reading for several hours...i am very impressed!....and excited to get started......first of all i was diagnosed with a thyroid malignancy last spring...they removed it in february....doing well....except the weight....without a thyroid i have to take a larger dose of synthroid.....and ...we are still tweeking it....like both of you have said.....its so hard to lose while fighting against the meds and everything......i cant wait to see the results of this change in the way i eat.....i do have a few "getting started without the book yet" questions....what about caffine....i.e. coffee...tea.... and i have seen where splenda is used....is that ok...or...just in small amounts......and the popcorn thing.....microwave?.....store bought in the bag already popped?.....i thank you for your help and look forward to being a regular here.....i simply can't wait!!!! ...its so given me something to look forward too!

God bless and have a great day to all :)
^^tracy^^

Post by ^^tracy^^ »

me again.....one more thing.....in all the reading i have been doing here.....i haven't seen any negetive reports on all the bean consumption.....like...gas or bloating....do these occur?.....in the beginning?...not at all?....and how do the bowels react in the begining to all this fruit and beans ?........i just cant wait to read this book!!!!....im on fire about this new adventure!!
thanks!!
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Hello Tracy,

Like most things, we are all affected differently.

I had little to no affect eating the fresh fruit.

The beans are a little different story. I occasionally have an issue with them. I believe our resident Bean Queen (Niki) mentioned that refried beans, causes the least amount of embarrassment – but not for me (it’s getting to a point my friends are calling me Tommy Doresy – and if you understand that, you’re better then most). Roger Troy mentions Beano takes care of this, but I haven’t tried it.

Veterans, care to comment?
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Tracy,
Welcome to the boards.  Im excited by your enthusiasm over LDL.  Its a little early in the morning and my brains not working too great but I wanted to help you get to the bottom of all your questions cause I know youre really excited like we all are even after several weeks this plan has consumned MY LIFE and I LOVE IT!!!!  There is a little button at the top of the page next to "home" and "help" ...Its called search....for example if you type in "GAS"  you will get all previous posts on this subject which can help you cut down on how long you have to read before finding your answers.  I didnt find it for a couple weeks of being in here but once I did it make life much easier.  I know Niki also recommends lentils for those trying to incorporate many beans into their diets for the first time.  My experience was intitially the beans were really working me over but then after a couple weeks of eating them for whatever reason its not really an issue any longer.  BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR NEW JOURNEY!!!!
Keep us posted on your progress, we all look forward to seeing more of you on the boards.
God Bless
Love
Debbie
^^tracy^^

Post by ^^tracy^^ »

Thank you to both of you for responding.
I did find the search button and i will definatly give the beano a shot!