Green Beans & Garlic

The perfect touch to start OR complete your LDL meal!
jeandolleen

Green Beans & Garlic

Post by jeandolleen »

2 1/2 lbs. fresh green beans
1 large onion chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 head garlic, peeled & crushed
2 tble. parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt

Cook beans till crisp tender. Saute onion till soft and add paprika & cook 1 min. and add rest of ingredients & simmer 8-10 mins. Stir ocassionally, add beans.  Can eat either hot or cold.  Jean  8)
TNangela

Re: Green Beans & Garlic

Post by TNangela »

Jean,  This sounds yummy...a good way to spice up those green beans.  I see you are posting all these recipes before the new grandbaby gets here and you spend all that time rocking and spoiling!!  I pray for a safe delivery and healthy baby! God bless.
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Jean - it looks great!  Is that 1/2 CUP of olive oil correct??  Seems like a lot...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
jeandolleen

Post by jeandolleen »

Thanks Ang, I have always liked trying new recipes and I am sure that others do also.  You are so right I will be doing a lot of rocking my first grandchild which we all thought was going to be a girl.  The kids were given a shower for the new baby  and they have done her room in red and green and flowers.  Well to everyones surprise they were told 2 days ago that it's a boy, which the due date is today.  So the kids are in shock and rushing around trying to exchange things and now repaint the room and try and pick out a name.  Oh my.  They are still very excited about the baby they really didn't care if it was a girl or boy.  Something to laugh about later on.  Take care.  Jean  ;D
jeandolleen

Post by jeandolleen »

Yes Carolyn, but you can use less if you want.  I usually saute the onion in part of the oil.  Just use your judgement on the oil . Jean  :)
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I never fully settled on the gender despite what they told me..I always had an alternate biblical name picked out just in case!! Talk about all of the exchanging of clothing and articles though!! God bless and good luck!
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Jean - I also bought a BUNCH of fresh green beans last night - going to try this one over the weekend..... mmmmmmmmm!  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

hi jean..this is actually a lot like the recipe i posted for string beans the way greeks make them(minus the garlic and parsley)....and those you can eat hot or warm or cold......that's why i had also said that they're great for the summer for barbeques or any other time.....in greek,they're called fasoulakia................niki   
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Jean,
I was wondering if you have that grandbaby yet???Havent seen you in a couple days so maybe??
ANG
jeandolleen

Post by jeandolleen »

Hi Ang, yes he was born last Wednesday and weighed 9lb.6oz.  He has a lot of hair and of course the most beautiful baby I've ever seen except for my three.  Just kidding I think allllll babies are beautiful, I have never seen an ugly baby.  They are such blessings from the Lord.  thanks for asking.  I have checked in every day but I am not much of a computer person. I enjoy reading all the posts but I just don't really know what to say.  Okay have a great day and God bless you.  Jean  8)
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Congratulations!!! and WOW thats a big baby!!
Have they contacted you from the NFL yet to see if he will be a linebacker??  I am glad that everything went well!!
God bless,
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

wow..that is a big baby, jean....congratulations grandma....my pastor told me "wait until you hold your grandchild in your arms..there's nothing like it"....i didn't believe him...but then when i did,it was awesome.....niki
DLOWC

Post by DLOWC »

I'm going to really enjoy this dish my wife planted beans in the garden and we can't give them away fast enough. wwe love them, now I have a new way to cook them Thanks.
DLOWC