Back- staring up for the third time!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Back- staring up for the third time!!

Post by yoyodieter »

I picked up my "Red Book" signed on the inside. So I got started again. Such inspiration.
I still remember Pam telling me to change my user name from Yoyodieter to something else since I was below my goal weight. Well I am what my name says I guess. I did not regain it all X_X
Anyway I am back up, starting all over again. 5 days have passed and I am doing fine and already feel better.
Perhaps third time lucky :-BD
omalani
Master Member

Re: Back- staring up for the third time!!

Post by omalani »

Welcome back. This is not a diet, but a Way Of Eating (WOE) that helps even yoyo dieters like me. I had given up hope of ever being thin. At my age they say weight loss is more difficult, but I am down 43 lbs. and I have not felt deprived. I am also experimenting a lot. I still enjoy eating but no longer feel guilty about eating, so I enjoy it even more. Stay with it and God will give you the desire of your heart. Aloha, Leilani
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

yoyodieter
New, but learning

Post by yoyodieter »

Thanks Leilani. I also don't view this as a diet. If you do, its toast. I have managed to keep my weight off for the longest time. But as you said, age makes it more difficult, and I have noticed that.
I have stocked up with all my fav foods and am not even missing bread. There are new corn thins on the market that are flavoured sour cream and onion and cheddar cheese. Not much difference in the nutritional value. I missed my fruit smoothies for breakfast.
Well I am all fired up again.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome back YoYo, it's nice to have a fellow Canadian back on the boards! I hope all the flooding is not near you.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good to see you back!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I love my smoothies too and am now adding beans and veggies to them. Yellow squash, zucchini, spaghetti squash, cucumber, cooked carrots and butternut squash. I like spinach with pineapple and apple. I am fond of sweets, as most diabetic are and I hope I don't have to cut back as much as Pam did on the fruits. I only add a small amount of the mild flavored beans and you can't even taste them but they seem to last longer, till hunger sets in. My problem is I want to share with everyone. Some are not ready for it yet. I frequently hear, "I can't give up my bread!", "no rice or pasta?" I just don't have the same cravings that I used to have. I am so grateful because even my binging is less. I am a volume eater so this program works for me. My 2 worst habits are eating while preparing food between meals when I am not hungry and constantly weighing myself. (I don't even have a scale in my house) I go to the YMCA and use their scales, at least it's a nude weight on the same scales. The journaling helps me to be accountable and I use up my leftovers more often. Eat well and be well! Leilani
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

yoyodieter
New, but learning

Post by yoyodieter »

Thanks Cameron. No the flooding is about 300km south of where we are. Have had a lot of rain though.
Pam do you remember telling me to change my name? I guess that once a Yoyo always a Yoyo. But thanks to LDL I can always start over. At some point the weight loss will be for good. :D
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I do remember that! If we say it often enough, it likely will come true. There was some discussion about that on here last week. How about changing your name to YaYa. Much more upbeat and motivating. I DO NOT ever want to yoyo back again as I have many times in the past. It's so good to have you back! This is such a great supportive and motivating group of people. I owe my health to this group and am forever thankful!
bingo

Post by bingo »

Hi yoyo, Welllllcome back ! I for one have been up and down this mountain way to many times and I just got tired of being tired and found "First ", read it because I was so impressed when it read that you could make mashed potatoes out of butter beans, and was better ;that is where it began with me on LDL ! My mantra today is Inches Fall Off,, Pounds Melt Away,,, Eating til Full,, That`s the LDL Way !!!........... Cheers to Success !.. For each and Every one on LDL, and those that learn about it ! through word of mouth , or some one wondering how You did it ! the Glory be to God !
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I like that mantra, Bingo!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Post by yoyodieter »

Ok Pam! I will change my username to Yaya as per your recommendation. Do I need to re-register in order to do that? Help :-?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Yaya! I don't know. Maybe Roger can help you change your name without re-registering!! You go girl!!!!!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I might be wrong, but I think we have a YaYa (Trudy) although I don't think she has posted for quite some time.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

You are right, Cameron. Maybe we could have a YaYa club with everyones first name. YaYaCameron, YaYaPam, etc! YoYo- what is your first name? Or even yayadieter!!! Simple and similar to your present name.
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Post by yoyodieter »

Pam, looks like yaya is not going to happen. My first name is Giesela, maybe I should stick to that. That is if I can change my user name.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I forgot. I remember now, Giesela. Such a beautiful name ;;) ! In any case, become a loser, not a yoyoer!
Pam
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Hey, I lived in New Jersey for 2 years. YOYO is everybodies first name =))
Welcome back YoYo. I am still a newbie and really looking forward to your post.
Zesti