Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Special Chili

I tried this recipe tonight minus the macaroni plus some ground chicken.  It was really good.  I added some spaghetti squash to my serving; I had some in the freezer from before it went out of season.  (I was able to get some spaghetti squash this week at the grocery store. WhooHoo!)

Anyway, here's the recipe and website I copied it from:
http://www.westbrae.com/recipes/021.php

Special Chili

Serves 8-10

1-1½ pounds ground chicken
1/2-1 cup Westbrae Natural® UnChicken Broth (or Chicken Broth)
1 large onion, chopped
½-1 green pepper, chopped
½-1 red pepper, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/3 teaspoon each of cumin and salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 can (15 oz) Westbrae Natural Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Westbrae Natural Golden Corn, drained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste

In large skillet bring broth to boil and add onion, green and red peppers and garlic.

Gently simmer covered for 10 minutes. Check occasionally to prevent burning; add more broth if necessary.

Add remaining ingredients. Stir to mix and simmer to blend flavors.

If necessary add additional broth to keep the mixture moist. Add pre-cooked spaghetti squash, if desired, and mix well.

Serve immediately [glow=red,2,300]or[/glow] refrigerate and bake when needed at 350°F for 40 minutes or until bubbling and well heated.

Hope you like it as much as we did!
Michele

Last edited by abundantlyblessed on , edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Special Chili

I like this recipe but I don't know what is spaghetti squash

Deloris ???

hi deloris...i've never eaten it either..i'm just waiting for pumpkin season to see them...then i'm going to try them.....coming up now in the fall.......it's a squash and when you cook it and cut it open,the inside is like strands of spaghetti.....niki 

Yup, look for an oval-shaped bright yellow squash in the fresh produce department.  It looks almost like a kind of melon instead of a squash.  This stuff is CRAZY!  When it is cooked and you cut it open, there are some seeds in the middle you remove (just like in a pumpkin,) but the rest of the flesh comes apart in strands like spagetti when you remove it instead of being firm or mushy or floury like any other squash you've tried.  I sometimes serve it just as a side dish with a bit of olive oil and garlic or parsley.  There are lots of great ways to eat Spagetti Squash.  It will be more readily available in the next few months as summer merges into autumn and winter.

Little Mary

Hi Ldl Gang,

I'm trying the Special Chili today and it make enough for me to eat off of it for a month!!! Thank you
Let me introduce myself to the gang, I saw the author on TV last week and order the book. I can't  waiting for it to come to get start. I'm about 50 lbs over weight, but will be happy to lose 30 Lbs
I went to the Doctor today for a checkup and she order blood work so that I can know what my cholesterol is and if I have diabetes. I saw on the board where some people cholesterol have come down! The Doctor  said that if I lose enough weight I can come off of the high blood pressure medicine. Now that will be a blessing!!

Deloris 8)

Last edited by Deloris on , edited 1 time in total.

You will do it, Deloris! To begin with, eat until you are full and eat Let's Do Lunch foods as often and as much as you want, until your body no longer craves the foods made from white flour, potatoes and regular sugar.

God bless,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Deloris:

From what I read on these postings, it seems that someone like yourself (all of us actually) that needs to lose 50 and sets a goal of 30 ends up losing 60 or more! I do believe that because this is a change of lifestyle that once you reach your goal, there will really be no reason to change what you are doing and you will continue to lose weight.

Made a double batch of this chili last night too. Good stuff!

Joe

joecaracappa wrote:

Made a double batch of this chili last night too. Good stuff!

Joe

Glad you liked it Joe!  I'm so glad that I could contribute something useful to all these wonderful recipes here.  I'm slowly creating a new menu base.  I just have to have a few more like the Shepherds Pie and Tamalie Pie to round out my month.  :)

Michele