Missing Person

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
PattyCakes

Missing Person

Post by PattyCakes »

There's a person missing in our house!! He/She contributed 190 pounds to the workload around here, dragging us down, affecting our sleep, making us bigger couch potatoes...did I say potatoes...what's that?

Yep, hubby is down 100 pounds. He's trying to stabilize. He really doesn't need to lose anymore. I'm at 90 down. I would like to lose 10 more, but I think it's more of a "just to say I did" than a "have to."

When I got the book, I read it, hubby read it. Then for the first two weeks I followed the exact 2 week meal plan in the book to get a good feel for our new way of life. The only exception to that two week plan we made was fresh water fish vs. salt water fish....I have a freezer full! We've had a HUGE garden this year. I now have a second freezer full of squash, zucchini, assorted beans, peas, corn. We go thru 10 to 12 pounds a week of bananas plus a LOT of other fruit. The vast array of allowable foods is to us the very reason this is doable. I eat more fish than I've ever eaten (not fried either) and never imagined ground turkey to be so good.

We are VERY rural, 25 miles or so to a grocery. Health Food store?!? Well, I did find one, but I could spend my weekly budget on a few items in there and be hungry other days. They didn't have any of the specifically named items, but had similar. We've lost our weight without corn thins, Willow Run, soynut butter, etc. While I'm sure these are major assets, they are not necessities.

As I've said before, for the first time in our lives, we're not on a diet, we've found a new way of life, no "diet" foods, just good healthy eating. First time I've been able to say that about any weight loss, cause I KNOW we can do this the rest of our lives and this time KEEP the weight off.

If you'd like to read more about our weight loss, my original post was "I've Lost 31 pounds and my husband 21.5!" and is currently located on page 3 of the success boards.

Patty
Last edited by PattyCakes on August 26th, 2006, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Missing Person

Post by Queenie »

CONGRATULATIONS PATTY AND HUBBY!!

Patty, that is an amazing feat!  How long have you and your husband been doing LDL?

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

patty..that's great....God bless you both......i would trade all the cornthins,willow run and soynut butter i could find in fairway with all your wonderful homegrown produce.....i could spend 3 times what i pay for produce on organic produce...but will i really know that what i'm getting is organically grown?.....i apologize for being cynical....i'm a new yorker..............niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Patty,

190 pounds!!!Thats is truly awesome...your family definitely needs to go on national TV with Roger!!!
We've got to get him back to TN for more news coverage!!

Thanks for the encouragment you give to so many who need to lose a large amount of pounds!!
ANG
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

Carolyn,

We've been doing LDL for 11 months. We were led to LDL after successfully losing some weight on a popular diet...alas, DIET, we were burned out! I truly believe had we not been led this way, we would have gained back some, if not all of our loss out of frustration and limitations of food we could eat.

Patty
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

Niki,

I've never spent so much as one red cent on "organic" food. I'm with you on that one. The thing that concerns me, even more, is processed organic food. People seem to forget to read labels when they see the word organic. Just because its grown organic doesn't mean that unhealthy items aren't added when its processed.

Patty
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

That's just wonderful, Patty! 

I agree - I don't think burnout is possible on LDL - there is just such a variety of things you CAN have. 

Congratulations again!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I don't know what to say. CONGRATULATION just doesn't seem enough !! When I read your post I also wept. I can't believe how many folks' lives have change for the better.

Praise GOD for all he has given us !! Praise Roger Troy for being his messenger !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

hi patty...it's so amazing what people do to make money....you're right...they take something that is "organic" and add things that are not healthy....at trader joe's AND at fairway,there are LOADS of frozen items that are marked "organic" like mexican burritos....things like that are big money makers.....people say "oh look,organic burritos.....i can eat the WHOLE thing...it's ok...it's organic"......when i saw that trader joe's had LOADS of room for stuff like that and NO ROOM FOR BEANS,i was very turned off......imagine that.....and BEANS are a major staple for vegetarians and other health conscious people....i PERSONALLY was VERY shocked..................it makes you really ask yourself "what WON'T people do to make money?" 
                                          sincerely,the bean queen(aka...niki)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Patty,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your success story!!  I have over 200 pounds to lose and hearing that you guys have lost 100 and 90 pounds respectively in less than a year is amazing to me. 

God brought me here.  I have no doubt of this.  Hearing all of your success stories and having the encouragement of all of you is giving me a glimpse of the blessing that is before me.

God Bless you both and thank you again for sharing. 

(In Faith) Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

hi princess.....whenever i read that someone who has started let's do lunch has a hundred or more pounds to lose,i feel that these stories MUST be special to roger...when i see someone's story about how they want to lose 20 pounds, i think "how nice for them to finally have a way to do that"....i had about 50 to lose and i really hated myself because i HATED that FOOD had that much control over me.....and i felt that EVERYONE who saw me knew that..........but the more weight you have to lose,the more patience you need and the strength that only He can give you to persevere and not become discouraged....the biggest blessing is for you guys because the more extra weight you carry,the bigger the risk to your health...and THAT'S why you need the bigger blessing and THAT'S why He gives it to you...Praise God.................... 
  i was just on the website that i bought my book from(christianbook.com)and was reading the review of that book that joyce meyers has out...she refers to "people in bondage to unhealthy eating habits"...a "self esteem drought"......that's what i thought all my life....i hated myself for seeming to need to eat more than the people around me...for being hungry when they weren't.....BELIEVE ME i'm not knocking this book or this author...i'm just saying that IT WASN'T ME......i was eating unhealthy carbs that physiologically made me crave the things that were bad for me.......
  the Lord is REALLY going to bless you,little princess..wait til you see the weight come pouring off...it will NEVER cease to amaze you.........God is good ALL the time...and He is NEVER late...He's right on time.......HALLELUJAH.......................in Him,niki
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

Little Princess,

Please reread my posts. We did not lose the weight in less than a year. While I think that may be possible for some with a lot of weight to lose, I do not want to mislead you. We have been on LDL 11 months, having been led to LDL as we were burning out from a diet. We needed a new way of life to sustain that weight loss and continue losing. I believe VERY strongly, this is the ONLY way to go, especially for people who have large amounts to lose.

Patty
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

niki,
You have no idea how you have just hit the nail on the head with me.  I too feel completely and totally embarassed when I am out in public.  It's like you say, this is not like a drug addiction or alcoholism, where you can sometimes hide it from others.  People only need look at me to see I have a struggle with food.

Most of the time I hide my emotions very well, but it's in the dark lonely hours of the night that I am forced to face me.  Those are the hard times.  Thank you for reminding me that there IS a blessing here for me too.  While I am looking forward to truly being a "Little Princess" it's when I am alone that I know I have such a long way to go before I look good in clothes and people don't stare and snicker and make comments.

And you are exactly right....God is good ALL the time and he's NEVER late!  Even when I am!  ;)

Patty,
I'm sorry I misread the post.  With that said, Hallelujah for the weight loss no matter HOW long it took!  (Please remember I said this and remind me when I am discouraged because it seems slow coming off of me.  HaHa!) 
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

hey LP....i'm glad we're on the same page.....remember that when you get discouraged...we're ALL here to help you....
  sometimes if you feel a little discouraged down the road,break up the weight loss goal...set goals of 25 pound losses...and then each time you meet that goal,set a new one.......niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

PC:

GREAT job! No matter how long it took.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.