doing something wrong

Get innovations here.
monkey

doing something wrong

Post by monkey »

I must be doing something wrong with the diet or food plan, because I am having a very very hard time sticking to it.  I have read the posts from everyone that this is the easiest food plan, but I am not finding it so easy.  Not sure what seems to be my problem then...still trying though.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: doing something wrong

Post by Queenie »

Hey monkey,

Why don't you list what you've been eating and for what meal.  There are a lot of people here that are experts at finding out what the problem might be.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

What Carolyn says is true...maybe there is something you may be missing....Tom says he thought he was following the plan well only to find he was doing something wrong.  Feel free to message me with your food choices and I will be happy to help you.  God bless,
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

hi...don't be disheartened.....take a review of what you're doing and let us help you....we're all rooting for you....niki
Jade

Post by Jade »

Monkey,
On another site you had mention that you struggled with alcohol. Is that still a problem? I
know for me, if I drink alcohol then my cravings are out of control. 
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Monkey...I was just wondering  how you are doing on ldl?  Thinking of you and praying for you.

Have a wonderful day!

Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
corjan01

Post by corjan01 »

I have been doing LDL since 10/2.  I like the program and I am not hungry.  Previously my problem was snacking at night.  I have not lost any weight so far but I am trying to be patient.  I have a smoothie every morning.  Eat a fairly large lunch consisting of grilled, baked or boiled chicken; at least a cup of pinto or other beans, corn on cob and some green vegs.  At night I have another fruit smoothie and snack on frozen grapes or soy nuts.  Am I doing something wrong???or just hang in there.

Jane
niki

Post by niki »

hi jane...everything that you're eating sounds right....i lose slower than most people...but i didn't weigh myself the first month...at 5 weeks i think i had lost 10 or 12 pounds...but i retain a lot of fluid so a lot of that was fluid....then i didn't lose ANYTHING for almost 2 months...i've been on this for 9 months...i lost most of the weight in the first 6 months....in the last 3 months,i would say i haven't lost more than a pound a month.....but,just last week,my clothes felt a little looser and i weighed myself and found that i had lost another couple of pounds........
  one thing you could do if you know you don't lose easily...don't add fruit juice to your smoothies......i always tell people that if it takes 5 apples to make a glass of apple juice,would you be able to eat those 5 apples?....no..although honestly,i think it takes more than 5 apples to make a glass of juice....i had asked if anyone here used to juice,but i didn't get an answer......
  so eat the whole fruit in the beginning so that you REALLY fill up....once you feel you're losing to your satisfaction,you could add it back(if you want to)...
  otherwise, sit back,enjoy eating this way,and wait for the weight to come off.....this isn't the diet version of a get rich quick scheme...it's MUCH better for your body and for you,to lose it slowly.............hope this helps,niki   
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I use a small amount of unsweetened orange juice to make my smoothies more liquidy (is that a word?)  :0)  I too am a slow loser.. so do I use water instead of orange juice?
niki

Post by niki »

if you want to maximize your loss,yes....although i have to tell you that a lot of people drink smoothies and lose really well...but everyone's different...maybe you want to try eating the whole fruit in the beginning...but,if we're talking about a small amount of juice, it's not a big deal either..................niki
BettyBoop

Post by BettyBoop »

I seem to lose slower when I drink smoothies than when I don't.  Everyone is different.

Betty
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28
niki

Post by niki »

the truth is that i don't really have any experience about this.....i KNEW it would be hard for me to lose weight,so i set out to do the more conservative thing...at about 6 months,i gave in to eating raisins and soynuts and started only losing about a pound a month.....but i'm not sorry......i don't know if it was that stuff....BUT,i didn't want to give it up...i didn't care if i lost more slowly....EVERYONE has to make those kinds of choices at a certain point as long as they don't eat the stuff that will bring back the cravings...........niki
grammabugcr

Post by grammabugcr »

I seem to be having the same problems as the others that are feeling like they are not losing,.I still have cravings after about 6 weeks have lost 4 lbs. but i think i could of lost more . I hate feeling like im doing something wrong. HELP with encouragement please. Grammabugcr
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Betty! I think I do better eating whole fruits too as I can really pile a huge amount of fruit into a smoothie and chug down the whole thing, more fruit than I would eat if I was doing it piece by piece. Back to whole fruits for me, or at least alternating the forms. Good luck to all! :) ....NYKath
niki

Post by niki »

let's go over what you're eating, grammabugcr.....i KNOW you're eating beans,so that's not the problem......do you drink smoothies?....you could send me a personal message OR you could post what you eat on any given day..
   i think a 4 pounds loss for someone your height is good.....i am concerned about the cravings....you might really need to eat more fruit....and more beans for that matter.......what kind of stuff are you craving?........niki
Last edited by niki on October 21st, 2006, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

niki wrote:let's go over what you're eating,suz.....i KNOW you're eating beans,so that's not the problem......do you drink smoothies?....you could send me a personal message OR you could post what you eat on any given day..
   i think a 4 pounds loss for someone your height is good.....i am concerned about the cravings....you might really need to eat more fruit....and more beans for that matter.......what kind of stuff are you craving?........niki

Niki-  I think you have me (grammasuz) mixed up with grammbugr.  I don't recall her giving her height or name of Suz (short for me, Suzie) 
niki

Post by niki »

you're right,suz...i did confuse you guys....i KNOW you eat beans(you're the queen mum.....how do you like the new spoon i had made for you?)...and a 4 pounds loss for you would be just great.....it's grammabugcr who has to eat loads of everything..fruit,beans.....the works...until the cravings are gone.....i have to say that that is what i like the best...the craving free state....niki