Just getting started

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Corky
New, but learning

Just getting started

Post by Corky »

Hi, I am new and getting started.  I have never done this before, but it looks like you all are having so much fun sharing and creating wonderful recipes!  I Had cataract surgery on my Right eye Aug 15th and just got the left eye done Aug 29th.  I am not seeing real well yet but trying too.  I have never been a fruit eater, always craved the carbs & proteins.  I have been learning from the book and all of you regarding the "smoothies"  I am so excited. I have been doing them for breakfast and don't get hungry til about 2:00pm.  I still work full time, so to get the protein meal in at lunch, I cook it the evening before or on weekend and freeze them.  I have 2 knee replacements (4 years ago) lost fifty lbs before surgery and gained it back.  I had to have a pacemaker the day after knee surgery, so, have to get a pacer checkup every 3 months and blood test every 30 days, sometimes 14 days and adjust the coumadin I have to take.  The blood work showed glucose at 139 and per my Dr. He said I am diabetic, ( 70-100) is normal, handed me a diet , with 1200 cal and 2 small servings of fruit per day etc.  Anyway I had just got started on LDL, so I have asked him to give me a chance with this and do another glucose test in 30 days.  Keep your fingers crossed and with the good Lord"s help, I'll be able to stay on LDL and no insulin etc.  I am spreading the LDL word with my family and friends and church members!
Corky
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Just getting started

Post by Queenie »

Hi, Corky - and welcome!

Be sure to go the the medical part of the website and read about the diabetics on this board that have had great success.  You can do this - it's EASY!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Mike

Post by Mike »

Corky, Welcome to the LDL way of life.  There seem to be quite a few members who have diabetic problems and most of them claim good results from the the LDL program. My level went from 150 to below 120 in about 6 weeks.  I know I am still a little high, but I expect once my weight is down it will improve even more.  You might want to let your Dr. know that there are several docs doing this same eating program, and mine is one of them.  I guess if it is good for them, it is good for us too.  Good luck and keep us informed on your progress... Mike
niki

Post by niki »

hi corky...i am very happy that you and let's do lunch crossed paths......this program of eating will lower your blood sugars,lower your blood pressure,make your knee replacements last longer(i'm a rehab nurse)and just generally prolong your life......i have been so blessed by this wonderful way of eating...it'll be 8 months in a couple of weeks...........
 once you see your progress unfold,please post in the medical success board under "type 2 diabetes"....and actually for you to see how this program has helped other diabetics,you could check this topic now.......God bless you with success......................sincerely,niki