Lose Weight

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Seimurwel

Lose Weight

Post by Seimurwel »

Hello  . I  looked over  a lot of sites about weight loss and wanna  make attempt. If know pill  for the loss of weight and site  on which it is cheap  it is possible to purchase them. I would be very glad if you answer!
  Thanks.
Last edited by Seimurwel on September 6th, 2006, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
nyKath

Re: Lose Weight

Post by nyKath »

We don't use pills here. We follow a healthy eating plan to lose the weight we need to. I'll suggest that you try the same! nyK
greenglass
New, but learning

Post by greenglass »

nyKath is right.  On Let's Do Lunch we eat fruits, vegetables, beans, and lean proteins.  Give it a try without the pills and let us know how it works for you.  Prepare to be amazed!
Lori
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

You need to purchase Roger's book. At $29 it is a lot cheaper than diet pills. After that, you buy everything else at the market.

Go back to the home page and follow the instructions to buy the book.

Come back to this web site whenever you have a question. We will help you.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

ok---I just seen Roger on channel 7---Detroit station, alittle while ago.  I'm very impressed.
I don't know where to go on here or what to say---lol
I do need to lose about 125 lbs.
Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
I don't order online, so I'm hoping to purchase the book in a store.
By the way---I'm female, 55.
Thank you.
Blessings
Linda
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome Linda;

This eating plan is absolutely from Father Above!
I'm glad you are here!  I got my book at my local bookstore so I don't think you'll have any trouble. Read the book through at least 3 times to be sure you get it. And visit your doctor to check it out with him.

Something that is different about this website is that the author participates personally and shares our successes; eases us through our fears, etc. I've been here a few weeks and am doing great!

May God bless you Linda;
NJ
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome Linda! Don't even wait to purchase the book.  Have some fruit or popcorn tonight if you're hungry before bed, and make that breakfast smoothie tomorrow with whatever juice, fruits (fresh, frozen, or canned), sugar-free yogurt or low-fat milk you have on had and have at it! You can get a good handle on the program just by reading thru these boards until you make your book purchase. And good luck to you! .....nyKath
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Thank you ladies--
I've been on every diet out there--lost and gained so many times.
It's hard for me to stick to anything anymore.
I hope I can get the hang of this one.
God bless you all.
Linda
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Linda:

To that I would add, eat until you are full and no grains, nuts, seeds, potatoes or sugar. You eat fruit or smoothies for breakfast and supper (until you are full) and eat your main meal at lunch which would be a lean protein (lean cuts of beef, skinless chicken breasts, seafood), vegetables, corn and lots of beans (until you are full). Try not to snack in between (if you eat until you are full, this will not be a problem).

Get the book so you can fine tune this information we are giving you know.

Welcome and good eating!

Joe
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Thanks Joe---I need all the help I can get.
Bless you,  Linda
niki

Post by niki »

hi linda...we've all been there....up and down..back and forth................BUT, stable on let's do lunch.......if you're unable to get the book locally,you can call and order it from christianbook.com for $16.99 by phone at 1-800-247-4784.............God bless you..............niki
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

I think I'm going to get jumped all over----but is coffee, tea or diet pop allowed???
niki

Post by niki »

yes..yes..and yes...........
  see, that wasn't so bad..........tea is fine...diet soda from a weight loss point of view is ok...from a heatlhy point of view,you should be careful not to overdo....pesonally,i gave up all artificial sweeteners.....but,if you choose to do that,you can do that down the road.....
  carbonite had posted(quite some time ago)about a soy milk that was particularly good with coffee(doesn't make it look like it does with skim milk)...look for that post(put the word "coffee" and "soy milk" in the search engine.....sincerely,niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Linda:

Along with my horrible eating habits before LDL, I was a Coke junkie (no, not coke............Diet Coke). I drank up to two gallons of it everyday........I had to kick that habit, the caffeine was pumping insulin into my body like crazy and was adding to my weight problems. When I started LDL I went cold turkey, I have had nothing to drink except water (I take that back, I had a 4oz glass of wine with friends recently which is allowed). I go to the bathroom a lot between the fruit and the water but it's worth it as body fat will show up in urine as foam (a good sign the diet is working). I believe going cold turkey was made easy for two reasons, I wasn't craving sweets or caffeine anymore.

As Niki says, all those things you asked about are O.K., I just choose to avoid them because they cause me problems with weight loss.

Joe

PS Where are you from?...................... Diet "pop"??
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Joe---I live in Canada---and thanks for the info
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

PS Where are you from?...................... Diet "pop"??

I would have bet somewhere in the mid-West. The mid-West is known for pop.

Out East we call it Soda.

I heard either Tonic or Coke being used in many of the Southern states.

In my youth I dated a girl from Iowa. She told me she enjoyed a pop in the sack . It took me weeks to realize she was talking about a soda in a bag. :)
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

I was drinking a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke and a pot of coffee every day!
I know I know.
today I went cold turkey---but now I have the biggest headach----I'm having a glass of diet pop.  lol
What's for supper??  I haven't got the book yet.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Linda
In the beginning you eat until you are full of allowable foods: fruit, vegetables, lean meats, corn..............check out our recipe section right here on the web sit for other ideas. Oh, and no grains, sugar, nuts or seeds.

Now once you get your cravings under control, it's eat until you are full fruit or smoothies for breakfast and supper, while eating your main (protein) meal in the middle of the day.

I usually eat chicken breasts, beans and corn for lunch. I also like the chilies, soups, Neet's meatloaf and other recipes found here and in the book.

Go for it!

Joe
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Tom:

Actually, in south Jersey around Camden/ Trenton and also in Philly you will hear people ask for a "tomato pie and pop" (pizza and soda).

Joe