yo yo dieter reformed

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
nerak
New, but learning

yo yo dieter reformed

Post by nerak »

Well, I don't know a lot about how to use this computer but am gonna give it a try.  My niece introduced me to "Lets Do Lunch" and I immediately ordered the book.  They say you can tell how fat someone is by how many diet books they have on their shelves and I have them all and I am about 90 pounds over weight, have been around 100 pounds overweight most of my adult life...didn't get large until about the ninth grade, been yo yo dieting ever since....my mom put me on my first diet, called "Calories Don't Count" and I had to eat a lot of boiled eggs and swallow oil capsules. I have been on the Lets Do Lunch program for about 1 1/2 weeks....lost 4 pounds the first week and hoping my daughter will do the same program with me....she is even more overweight than I am.  I have been dieting for about 50 years and I am so tired of it.  The first thing I have noticed about LDL is I have already lost some of the cravings and I am not thinking about food non stop. Would love to hear from some of you out there.  Nerak
nyKath

Re: yo yo dieter reformed

Post by nyKath »

Welcome, Nerak and daughter! You're off to a great start already. Wishing you continued great results and freedom from cravings. :) ....NYKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi nerak...to you and your daughter,welcome......i have been eating this way for almost 9 months and it is just so wonderful to be in control of what i eat,instead of living from one craving to another.....i have NO cravings......make sure you eat until full...NEVER be hungry...keep all the more portable snacks handy(especially in the beginning) and you'll see that you ENJOY food like you never have in your entire life.....make homemade bean soups.....all the sweetest fruit.....ENJOY them all while you watch yourself shrink......ANY QUESTIONS?..please ask.........i wish you both success............niki     
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yes, as Niki & nyKath said - WELCOME to our little group!  Well, the number of us is growing every day - the last time I looked, we were over 1600!

Pop in and chat with us as often as you can.  Every little bit of support helps.  And it WILL work for you - I thought that was funny about how many diet books one owns!!  I have a bunch of them - most are like brand-new.  I believe I'll put them on eBay.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Welcome Nerak, and Daughter to the LDL family. I have been on LDL since July 13, and let me tell you, it's the best experience I ever had. It is the easiest plan to lose weight, and gain friends.

One advice I have is to make sure you read Roger's book over and over, especially during the first few weeks/month. In each reading, you will find you will grasp concepts you have missed. 

Another advice I suggest is (in the beginning) try to devote 30 minutes a day to this board. The stories and/or advice given here are immeasurably enlightening with the LDL life style. This board has the best bunch of folks around who are more then willing to answer any questions you may have – so ask them (I was the king of questions when I first started). And the best part, founder Roger Troy takes a personal interest in each and every member.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

the only diet book i had was the atkin's one....i was cleaning yesterday and found it....i threw it away....i don't even want to give it away.....i used to look in the library for different diet books and i remember how i would always hope to find something that REALLY worked......AND i can't believe i really did.........niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Yes Diet Books and Magazines with Diets in them.....Womens Day, Family Circle, Womens World.....When I find them laying around the house now I just chuckle as I throw them into the Recycle bin.  When I think of how many books Ive bought in the past it makes me sick.  So actually not only am I decluttering myself Ive started to declutter my closets of clothes I dont wear or will never wear again , my shelfs of book I dont read, my drawers of junk I dont use and my kitchen of gadgets I wont be needing anymore( aka waffle maker, bread machine etc)
When I think of all the money I save not buying a $30 pizza at 6pm cause I hadnt made dinner yet or all the food Ive pitched out cause it went bad and all the money I will save not buying the next new appliance or book that comes out.  I love all the wonderful and exciting new things happening in my life as a result of being free from food addiction.
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
Corky
New, but learning

Post by Corky »

Hello and welcome!  I too, have been a yo yo dieter. I started praying for an answer to being overweight and was led to "Lets Do Lunch" and Roger Troy Wilson.  I have no cravings anymore like bread, pasta, potatoes,chocolate, because it is true, that eating fruits do away with "sweet cravings" and the corn, beans, corn and peas do away with the carb cravings!  Amazing, what "frozen grapes" and  popcorn can do. I love beans and corn and peas, but use to limit them.  Not anymore
You and your daughter will be a help to one another.  I have bought 5 books so far for family. I feel so much better and am not controlled by the cravings anymore!
Praise the Lord and Roger Troy Wilson for sharing this wonderful way of eating.  I don't call it dieting, as there is so much we can have and enjoy.  Keep us posted on how you are doing. God Bless
Corky
niki

Post by niki »

i totally agree with you......i've done the same kinds of things.....it's so wonderful to be normal......niki
Mike

Post by Mike »

Nerak, Your story sounds just like many before you... Please have confidence that this program works for everyone.  I told my wife today that even if I don't lose another pound,(I have lost 65-70 in 7 months) I will always eat LDL food because I feel so good.  Our family was blessed with LDL and we are all reaping the benefits. My wife lost 40 lbs on another program and is maintaining it with mostly LDL foods. Our daughter and grandkids are doing this and they have met success in just 5 weeks. All have lost substantial amounts.  I really think you will be satisfied with LDL and will be thanking our creator and Roger for the opportunity. You will also thank yourself for accepting the opportunity.  Good luck, and stay on the boards to let us know how you are doing... Mike
AzRuth
New, but learning

Post by AzRuth »

I'm fairly new to LDL also, been on this eating plan alittle over a month. Notice I did not say diet cause you need to think of this as your new lifestyle way of eating.  I would encourage you to try some of the recipes on the boards until you get your book.  Like the Chicken and Sweetcorn Chowder. Just go to the search at top of page and type in the name, it will come up, then print it out.  It's so-o-o good and easy!  If at all possible try to stay off the scales for awhile so that your focus stays on sticking to the plan.  Plus that way you will sail right thru those plateaus and not become discouraged.
I am so amazed at how much fruit and beans that I can eat and still lose weight.  Wow!  God is good all the time.  Be blessed.
AzRuth